Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relaxing, waiting for my massage before dinner. This is the life! Tomorrow's walk should be easier, a good second day walk.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-589628729.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 92
Day two hike in Snow Canyon State Park. It was unbelievable on so many different levels!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-2764821489.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 100
  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-298055114.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 119
  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-2280073382.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 118
  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-815668242.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 108
  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-3409120382.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 113
  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-1820038264.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 101
Oh my gosh!!! Janet, did you think you'd be hiking this time last year? You are my hero! In fact, for the last few hours, I've been reading your thread - I'm still not finished, I've been stopping along the way taking care of things, but I'm determined. Love the photos! Hope you're having a wonderful time!!!
 
IF you managed those climbs to different levels i will be looking forward to seeing you in next olympics at whatever event you want.Great photos and looks nice and warm, IMPRESSED with you.
 
Izzie, I never imagined doing this! We were here and did this hiking 12 years ago, but i wasn't convinced I'd be doing this even two days ago!
 
Day three hike. 4.5+ miles. Why is everything uphill? Now we are going to try a bike ride. I think I'm pretending to be someone that I'm not here!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-710413918.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 107
  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-1576135455.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 119
  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-504654701.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 119
Hahaha! In this group at the resort, I'm the wussy at the back of the pack on the "easy" hikes. Maybe for this group at Bonesmart I look a little more accomplished, and I'll take that!

We made 8 miles on the bike ride. We didn't get to our destination, and I walked the bike part of the way, but 12 years ago when we got bikes here, we made it about 100 yards outside the front gate and turned around, so this was good. My first time on an outdoor bike with my new knees!

Back to the triathlon - I did do a water aerobics class, so maybe that rounds it out!
 
Janet, you are definitely not the wussy of this group! When you say you "walked the bike part of the way" - you mean to say that the bike ride was 8 miles and you only walked part of the way - WOW! Very impressive. Sounds like you are having a wonderful time. Enjoy it, you deserve it!
 
Janet, I go along with izzie, wussy you are not my friend! You are a trouper, a true BoneSmart winner! You are getting the most out of life and that's what these new knees gave you! Ata girl for doing the most with them! :thumb:
 
Thanks! At least I know someone is impressed besides me and my daughter!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-3593447853.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 122
Janet -- I'm proud to say that I have finally read your entire thread here. It is very encouraging to me and I can only hope that I will follow in your footsteps. For a while, I was second guessing having my BTKR (I don't know why), but after trying to do a little planting yesterday, my knees hurt me so badly. Again today, I tried to do a little too much and there was my answer! I am so tired of trying to get around with these arthritic, bone on bone, painful excuses for knees. I've missed out on so much over the last ten years - I want that to change. My surgery is scheduled for May 13th and I'm now trying to get things in order so that I'll be able to put my mind at ease and not worry about anything except healing. Thanks so much for sharing your experiences!
 
I wish you the best of luck on your surgery, and while everyone's recovery is different, there is no reason you can't expect as rewarding a recovery as I've had. I'm very happy if my recovery thread has helped answer some of your concerns!
 
Hi where did the wus come from ,anyone who has had both tkr even if they new what to expect is no wus.I am the wus got up today to go for a ride but the wind blew me of top step of house so went swimming instead.Wish i was with you photos look great afraid i do not know any female tri athletes except you, so all i can say is look out the Brownley brothers.
 
Day four hike. Every day's hike is different. Each hike is about 2 hours of active hiking, an hour of which was through soft, deep, gradually uphill sand, before a steep craggy climb towards the end. 3.3 miles with 660 total feet of incline. We didn't come back down, so it was all uphill. We swapped vans with another group that did the same hike, but all downhill. The last picture is back at the resort waiting for dinner. I included it because it's a lovely picture of my daughter. We took the afternoon off, after going to another cooking demonstration, and drove down Kayenta Canyon and went to the art center there. Did a little shopping! Very relaxing. One more full day. It snowed back home today!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-3230549039.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 118
  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-3328159316.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 111
  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-2944656073.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 111
  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-3172928577.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 112
  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-1698004182.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 115
  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-2200292146.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 123
  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-2578787800.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 117
Wow Janet I can see the calf muscle you've developed, you could do kickboxing with those strong legs my friend! I do think you could give Sonja RestAssured a run for her money! :heehee:

That is a beautiful picture of your beautiful daughter, that one's a framer my friend! :thumb:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom