Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
And THAT is why you had your knees replaced! So you could hike and ride and swim and....., well, so you could MOVE!

Again, brava!
 
Nice pics. Enjoy Southern Utah...great time of year. Glad you are moving so well.
 
Now Janet,

Jacky48, has challenged us to a run for our money! Don't you think she should be invited to the run too! :heehee:

Funny story, I was putting on a new brace yesterday in PT and Valerie had already instructed me once. At the end when I was pulling it up to get it in place to strap it up, I said something feels weird! Valerie came over and looked and said "well if you would pull it up over your calf muscle in the back, it would fit! I said, " I thought that was fat!" :rotfl: Valerie said, you don't have any fat on those calves, they are pure muscle! That's when I thought of you Jacky! :rotfl:
 
My last hike of the week. 4 miles. The ridge at the top is where I hiked the first day. Today we went down to the base along the river. I don't want to leave, hubby said it hailed at home today and they had snow yesterday. Spring isn't coming in easy is year!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-2277394741.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 115
  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-2657166590.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 133
  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-2343861316.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 145
  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-223835224.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 111
  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-1307216819.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 116
  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-550229055.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 120
  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-1254713592.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 112
I have to brag on my daughter. She challenged herself and went on a harder level hike today, and one of their most difficult at that level. She thought she was going to die, swore she would never attempt it again, but had no choice but to trudge on. Here she is at what she thought was the top, but they kept going up afterwards. Those little red hills at the bottom in the background are what we did on Monday and thought were huge! Once done, she was so exhilarated for having accomplished it that she said she'd do it again tomorrow if she could!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-2731594893.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 141
Janet, you would have to have lost more weight this week for sure! Those are some awesome pictures you have posted, thanks for sharing! Your daughter should be proud of herself, she met her challenge, and so have you kiddo, be proud, be very proud!

Wait, what.... Did I hear you say you missed the snow and hail back home? :skep: After such a nice week with your daughter, I'll bet you're not looking forward to going home! Thank goodness hubby is there to welcome you! :)
 
Janet, seeing all the places you are hiking makes me smile! One day this knee will be strong enough to conquer mountains! Until then, Janet, no I don't think I have you beat at all! You are doing some terrific challenges and meeting them! :happydance:
 
My scars are finally looking a lot better, although still quite noticeable when I'm standing. I know I must be getting far into recovery, because I'm going from being proud of my twin battle scars to just wishing I didn't have scars anymore. But they are with me for the long run!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-1713738827.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 106
After what you have been doing this week call them battle scars and you won,but on photo can barely see them.Your weather back home as bad as here last night very bad frost and its nearly May today tried biking same again managed 7 mile and had to turn round i was nearly walking with bike headwind that strong.Enjoy rest of your break and pack some sun for hubby.
 
My scars are finally looking a lot better, although still quite noticeable when I'm standing. I know I must be getting far into recovery, because I'm going from being proud of my twin battle scars to just wishing I didn't have scars anymore. But they are with me for the long run!

Janet,

I don't worry about my battle scars anymore! They are conversation pieces to open the door for a lot of people in rehab. People come in so nervous, but "The Shy One" soon puts their mind at ease! :)
 
Sonja, that's how I felt also, especially when I was doing rehab. I think the novelty has worn off. I don't really mind them, just wishing that I had pretty knees. :-) But happier to have pain free strong knees with scars!

I'm home, just in time for nicer weather here. Kim and I are already planning a short hike on Tuesday morning. We won't be climbing mountains, but maybe a good walk through the nearby State Park. Have to squeeze it in while Daniel is at pre-school.

This trip was a revelation, of what I was able to accomplish knowing that I would be stranded and left behind in the desert if I quit. Hard to find that kind of motivation every day!
 
Janet, your trip sounded so amazing. Loved all the photos, you are in inspiration! Your knees are beautiful!! Seriously. My knees are so awful looking - years of fluid build up after being bone on bone for so long. My OS said there is nothing he can do about that. I've come to terms with it though. Like you, I'd rather have two healthy joints with some scars (and in my case ugly pouches of skin). When I get down and out, I'm going to come to your thread and look at all your pictures and get myself motivated!
:egypdance:
 
Janet, you are so right!
Sonja, I have so many battle scars on other parts of my body and have finally gotten over that - the knees, hopefully, will be another badge of honor. You must get a lot of people wanting to hear your story and I'm sure they feel better after having heard it. :thumb:
 
Yes, I guess they figure, if I can go through all I have and still come out well, then anyone can do it! :)
 
Sonja, it's amazing to know that by having had your experiences, and sharing them with others, you help them so much! You, Janet and so many are such an inspiration to me! :thankyou:
 
It seems I did manage to bring some sunshine and warmer weather home with me. I'm itching to be outside. Daughter and I did take our 3 mile hike in the woods yesterday. Today is a perfect day for golf, but hubby already had plans to golf with his buddies, so I'm left behind. :( Maybe I'll try getting my bike turned upright, pump up the tires and take it out for a spin today around the neighborhood. Cookie and Elmo want to go, go, go!
 
Hi you have sent some sun over here as well THANKYOU 3 days now Sunday 30 mile ride Monday 40 leangth in pool Tuesday 40 mile ride Wednesday 25 mile.Hope you get bike out keep asking my wife but she loves dancing and going to art and craft classes her schedule Monday dance and craft Tuesday art Wednesday dance Thursday we rest for Friday dance and ride or baths for me.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom