Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nine months today, i've been looking forward to this anniversary for a long time, and it's as good as I hoped. My next big mile marker will be one year. That seemed so far away, but now is just around the corner. Amazing!
 
:) Awesome Janet! You've come a long way and you came on top! :yay: Who knew life could be so good, right? Congratulation and happy 9th month anniversary my BTKR friend! My goodness I can't believe 1 year is right around the corner already! :) Sweet!
 
Another little milestone today. I went golfing, a Par 3 course only, but it was 18 holes and I walked the course pulling a cart! I was more worried about my shoulders, but they were fine, as were my knees. My feet got tired. I wonder when Orthaheels will start making golf shoes? Icing now before heading out to a movie theater with friends that are down here. Gourmet dining at your seat during the movie. Should be different. My friend loves the place.
 
Congrats on your most enjoyable milestone kiddo! Now a gourmet dinner at a movie sounds like fun, enjoy!
 
Back from vacation where I've done much walking. What I've noticed is that I can walk seemingly forever at a normal pace, and can run to get across a busy street, but I don't feel I can keep up to a fast pace of walking so much. I walk slower than my husband would normally walk, for instance, although he's always a fast walker. Trying to push a faster pace feels like it would put too much pounding on the knee, and I just don't make it to keep up. Not sure that matters. I'll get there. It's not like I'm slow, just slower than the faster walkers.
 
"I walk slower than my husband would normally walk, for instance, although he's always a fast walker."
The best thing Janet is that you are walking at a normal pace, painfree!:yay: And you can do it for a very long time, as far as I'm concerned it doesn't get much better than that my friend!:thumb:
 
You are right, as always Jacky. It was just something I noticed when walking with others, that only then did I feel there was a limitation. Actual or self imposed, I'm not sure.
 
It seems redundant to post here on my thread as the focus of my posts these days seem to fit the Weight Loss and Fitness thread in the Social room as I'm moving away from recovery, and the same people view the two threads it seems, but I want to keep my thread alive at least until my one year anniversary. These last few days have really been about looking forward, moving on and seeing the wide open opportunities laying ahead. Within the span of a few days, I have booked a trip to visit a friend in Boulder, CO in May, where I WILL be able to go on walks with the dogs. I've planned a trip up North in June to stay with a friend at her lake house that is just being finished, and I WILL be able to do all the steps, even down to the lake, and help her get organized. She moved to Egypt right after getting moved in, and will be just getting back for the summer in advance of her husband and her family coming. And then, the crowning glory of my plans, my daughter and I just booked a trip to the Red Mountain Resort in Utah, an adventure and fitness resort, for late April! We went there 12 years ago and swore we needed to return every year, but alas, that was easier said than done. She's had three children and I've gotten two new knees since then! What sets this place apart is it's location surrounded by mountains and the red rock canyons. Every morning there are hikes, offering three levels of difficulty, and by golly, I think I can do some of them! Or at least I'll try! I feel like I saw my world shrink, I passed through the years dictated by pain, I exited into surgery, came out the other side to a detour of recovery, and am now on a new road to nearly endless possibilities! I think I've earned this trip!!
 
Janet, what a wonderful post! I love all your plans for travel, particularly at the resort in Utah. It is so beautiful there. I will look forward to hearing all about your trip.

P.S. Jacky said it a whole lot better than I. Keep the stories of your travels coming!
 
Janet2012 Janet, I can only smile through your whole post! :) My BTKR friend, it just doesn't get much better than that! :thumb: All you upcoming plans are uplifting and exciting, ah to look forward to life without pain again! :thumb: I look forward to hear about all your upcoming adventures, it gives us all hope so please keep posting! It may seem redundant to you my friend, but not to all who are looking forward to a better pain free life! I for one love to hear about all of your adventures! Keep the stories coming kiddo! :friends:
 
Thanks Lisa and Jacky! Wouldn't this be a grand place for a knee replacement retreat?
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-1941277736.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 122
Janet, if I had my knee replaced in a place like that I might be depressed because I could not go out and hike and enjoy the scenery! Breathtaking view and the pool makes me want to jump in it. Much better to go there AFTER you surgery is long over! :)
 
No, that's what I meant! Like a reunion after recovery! It would be an awful place to go right after surgery, but an incentive to really work on my land based stamina in the next month!
 
Hi Janet,

thank you so much for your wonderful journals. I have read your pre op (OMG, so glad you got through it all ok, what a night mare ..) and also your positive post op journal, both have been so inspirational to me, and I'm sure to many others. Between you and Jackie48, I have been able to learn a lot about preparation and post op recovery, I found you by looking for bi-laterals, which is what I'm having done.

I grew up in Germany, so your mentions of having lived there drew my attention of course, and thanks for your positivity there, again.

I love your open minded attitude, and wish you all the best for the future, you are doing so well, and I can only hope to do as well.

Best wishes and hope to read all about your future journey,
Barb
 
Janet,
What a great post and I am so glad you are moving on with love to the fullest. I for one will surely be living thru your adventures since I am again laid up for a bit with this back, but soon things will be better. All the trips sound wonderful and looking forward to your reports and pics.
 
Barb, thank you so much for your nice post! I'm so glad you found my journals and have found them informative, and hopefully encouraging! As you know, I think having the bilateral done was the best choice, at least for me. I hope you have a good experience! When will you have yours? Yes, my pre-op got a little crazy there at the end! Thank goodness all worked out and I only have scars to remind me. Where in Germany did you live? Germany is such a beautiful country and I do miss it and the friends I left behind!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom