Bilateral TKR Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I know. I'm doing fine overall. I just figure if I'm reporting really good days, I ought to report that I still have my limitations as well. Normal, normal, normal! But achy, achy, achy tonight!
 
What awesome scenes you attached! Breath taking! I could star at those pics all day! I hope your aches and stiffness leave you quickly! Enjoy yourself, it's been a long road to even get as far as you are, but your new knees are treating you well for newbies!:thumb:
 
Walked around Berea's studio artists and folk art shops, then hit the road for some off the highway scenic driving. Days end is rewarded with pre-sunset, pre-dinner, pre-World Series relaxation on the Lodge Patio here at Cumberland Falls State Park. 80 degrees. Sweet!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-118491187.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 121
  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-3340938661.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 125
Jealously envious! You are sharing great pic, which enables us to go on vacation with you! Keep enjoying my friend! :friends:
 
Well, the bad news is the Tigers are just getting a whipping tonight! We put the game on the big TV in the lodge lounge and I met a woman who was keen to talk to me about my knees. I told her about Bonesmart, so hopefully she'll come by and learn a lot.
 
Janet,
things will be okay, at almost 17mos I still get some stiffness and achy if I do to much some days. I think it just part of the new normal and after all you are not all tat far along yet. Just keep icing and get some rest. Love the beautiful scenery pics you sent to us, makes me want to be there too.
Ahhh - that's it the 'NEW NORMAL' - there's the clue!
 
Janet, sorry about the Tigers.:console2: However, it looks like you had some great knee talk and possibly brought another BoneSmartie on board!:friends:
 
Another 80 degree sunny day! Can't believe our luck! Today Elmo and Cookie got to put their feet up and sit back on the train ride from Sterns to the old coal mining camp. Later, they rewarded me when we stopped at Cumberland Falls with walking out to all the overlook spots, steps included. Came back with soft serve cones to eat on the patio. Hopefully, the Tiger's game will be less painful tonight!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-3309863713.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 107
  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-1503789642.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 117
Wow, I wish I were there too! That's one of my favorite areas of the US. Happy you're there, having fun. Sad I'm not...
 
You'll get there, or wherever your knees and heart lead you, before you know it! I've never been to these parts of Kentucky before, in spite of the fact that my mother was from Kentucky, and my parents met in Lexington during the war. It's been a fun trip. Last full day is tomorrow, and still nice in this part of the commonwealth. Saturday we drive home in the rain.
 
I did this! Granted, we took the sky lift up, but I did the trail and rock steps to get there. That's me in the photo, not posing. As much as I was able to do on this trip, limited as it was, I can hardly wait to get in shape for next year! I know my knees will be there, but I need to work next year on getting the rest of me there! My concerns are with the East coast people today, hoping the big storm is more talk than reality. We drove into that cold front yesterday. At 4pm it was 74 and sunny, by 6pm it was 44 and raining. Going to the Newport Aquarium this morning, then Skyline Chili for lunch, and a 5 hour drive home this afternoon. Icing now while hubby showers and packs.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-1801157200.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 125
Woohoo, look at you go!!!!:thumb: You must feel soooooo good! Next year will be here before you know it!:yes!:

And, yes I hope this coming storm is more hipe than reality!
 
So do I, Jacky! We don't bat an eyelash at blizzards, but they are using language about Sandy that are making us NE'ers nervous.
 
Jacky48 said:
Woohoo, look at you go!!!!:thumb: You must feel soooooo good! Next year will be here before you know it!:yes!:

And, yes I hope this coming storm is more hipe than reality!

Jacky, this has been a rewarding trip. Not that I've been an outdoor adventurer, but it's pushing me to do things I'm not doing on a typical day around the house. And I keep realizing something that I'm doing is easier, more manageable, than just a couple of weeks ago, it seems, and, as my husband said yesterday, "you would have never done that before surgery!"
 
Well, home finally after going to the aquarium before the long drive home. Walking the aquarium was great, thinking about fish instead of knees. Tonight my thighs are a little sore, I think from all the climbing up and down rocks and steps yesterday. I'm not at PT anymore using those muscles regularly! Before getting home, we stopped at my daughter's to see the grandkids, and watched The Wizard of Oz with them for a while. They've never seen it. It was always such a big deal when we were growing up, and also for my own kids, that once a year network showing of the movie! That and Peter Pan!
 
Janet, I still get scared watching the Wizard of Oz when the flying monkeys show up. Sounds like you had a really good day, especially the part with the grandkids. Love that part.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom