Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brownie51 said:
Jacky that's so encouraging that you felt comfortable going on a trip at 6 months out. I loved your photos! Did you go to Berea College? My Mom just loved them and years after visiting would order things from their catalogue to help support the students.

Hi Brownie! First, I'm Janet, and it's been 5, not six months. But that's all about the same! Lol! We stayed at the Boone Tavern, the colleges historic Inn. It's really an interesting area for artists, and very creative how they support the students and have them volunteer their work. It was a nice stop on our trip!
 
Thanks Jacky. I was put on the spot when Daniel called to see what costume I would be wearing. We have odd bits and pieces from when we used to go to Carnival in Rio, so I grabbed a hat and cape, my Halloween bear that I made almost 20 years ago, and then thought up a story to go along with it that Daniel could relate to. It's not enough to dress up, you have to BE something!

I'm enjoying being back in the gym, and it gives me more flexibility than just the pool. I'm doing less than when I was in PT, but I was getting some soreness that last couple of weeks, so am adding on slowly. Plus I did nothing for three weeks.
 
Wow, you even made your own bear 20 yrs ago and still have him? And, you made up a story that little Daniel could relate to? You are the koolist grandma! :thumb:

Going slow at the gym is the way to go! Remember, this is a marathon, not a race! Keep in mind it's a recovery time span of 1-1 1/2 years.
I like the approach you're taking!

Stay well my friend! :friends:
 
There was a small group of us who went through an arts and crafts phase in Brazil trying to keep one of the moms sane. You should see my Easter Bunny!

That sore spot I got at PT still is tender, so I'm hesitant to do anything but the slow approach, anyway.
 
Big milestone, in a sense, today. I went to my daughter's after the gym (45 minute workout), and for the first time since Jonnie was little, I got down on the floor to play with Daniel! I never got on the floor to play with James, the middle child. It meant a lot to me to be able to do that! I just said, watch out, grandma's coming down! Of course, I used the nearby sofa to help get me up again.

Side note, my daughter had the election results on after dinner last night. The boys picked sides, based mostly on color, but at one point, Daniel asked, " Is broccoli Obama going to win?"
 
Janet, That was a good one about your grandson calling him broccoli...my grandaughter called him karack Obama...They never cease to amaze us grandparents, huh?....LOL
 
Awe Janet you put a big smile on my face! :) I am so happy for you because I know how important it is for us to get down to our grandchildren's level to play! :happydance: What a great milestone! :thumb: Congrats! :friends:

Broccoli Obama! :loll: Gotta love what comes out of the mouth's of babes!

Thank goodness that women were let out of the binder! :thumb:
 
One of my daughters friends posted about their four year old that was dissappointed to find out they weren't going to be Boating for a Present.
 
Janet, now how exciting is that, getting down on the floor with your grandson. I can't wait for Eli to come next week, grandma can play now too. I still love to rock him and read him a book though too. I am preparing for grandchild number 2. Today I was shopping and bought a couple sleepers and a little tutu and onsies. Little girls are so much fun to buy for.
 
I have three boys, don't rub it in! On the last one, my daughter said if she had another boy, she was going to get a life size baby doll to buy girl clothes for!
 
Janet, I was just happy to have one and figured that might be it, then son surprised us with their announcement. We really didn't care what it is because she lost several and didn't think she could have any. She is at 19 weeks now, so we are still hopefully optimistic here. Are there chances of more grandbabies? I have one son that isn't married and isn't dating either, so there is hope for him some day, but I won't hold my breath.

Marianne, no grandbabies, oh no. I also have three kids and it got to the point where I told my kids I didn't even care if they got married, just didn't want a one night stand baby. But then my daughter finally had an "opps" and I couldn't have been happier. She was engaged anyway, first babies can come any time...LOL Are your kids married, or have partners? I have an unmarried 30 year old son. Need to fix him up with someone.
 
Yes, my youngest son got married a year ago and they plan to have a baby, but maybe only one. My other son is engaged, but I don't believe either of them are planning on having kids. Not even sure they'll get married. Of course it doesn't really matter, as you point out. Any healthy baby will do!
 
None are married. My daughter has "met the one" so I think there is hope. My oldest has a girlfriend but I hope she's not going to be "the one". My youngest (26) boy is enjoying single life! My daughter really enjoyed single life too and I thought she'd never settle down. Kids now have amazing networking. They make friends with literally people all over the world. It's a whole lot more fun than in my day. By my daughter's age I'd had 3 children!
 
Marianne, I had my three kids by the time I was 28 and I am glad now as I am young enough to enjoy traveling and don't have to worry about parent teacher conferences and stuff like that. Now my daughter who is 36 has a 3 year old and her husband is 47, so he will be pretty old by the time Eli graduates. I know my daughter would love one more baby but her husband has two girls from his first marriage. Had to laugh, seeing there was such an age difference between them, I told her when they were dating that he might not want any more kids and so she asked him point blank, if he wanted any more and he didn't know, so she told him that she wants one child and it was non negotiable and he agreed. Now she wants more, but yet she loves to travel too. So I doubt if there will be any more there.
 
Congrats Janet! You are just amazing with your recovery! Playing on the floor with the grand kids is a great thing. My grandson knows I can get down now and I need help to get up with "Nonna's booboo knee!"

Brownie, don't worry, I was 62 before my first Grandchild came along. And now 4 years later we have 4 under the age of 4. Be careful what you wish for. We have 3 boys, the last 2 are 9 months apart ( different mothers), and one little princess. I so enjoy every second of being with them. The oldest turns four on Friday and he "gets" a baby brother in a few weeks.

My little princess who just turned 2, was asked who was the President, and she replied Barack Obama. Then asked who was Vice President, and she said Barack Obama. She was told no not that, and she said "Oh Ho Ho Ho!" Her Mom said you mean Santa and she says Yes!! :loll:
 
What a lovely story Janet to get down on the floor to play with your grandkids. Its them that keep us going sometimes and i look forward to doing that. I have six kids ; three boys from first marriage and three girls from second marriage. Neat a. My boys are in their 30's eldest has two boys and other two a girl each. my girls 18, 20, and 22 and have bf's bt no kids yet. bit early days yet. I love christmas when we are all here together with the grandkids its lovely and im hoping to get more involved once the knee heals a bit. Something to look forward to. Robyn the youngest at two is fasinated with my crutches and gives a big cheer and a clap when i climb downstairs. Shes so cute.:)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom