Bilateral TKR Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've re-routed our trip so the return trip will be 5 hours instead of 7+ hours. I think that just makes sense, especially in the shorter autumn days coming.

I hope I'm good to go by Friday! I Still have a cold, but finally slept in my own bed without coughing last night, so that must be progress. Waiting for carry-out pizza yesterday, I found myself in the bathroom, doubled over in pain, with diarrhea and sweating profusely! It makes me nervous any time there is some sort of bacteria stirring something up. I'm not 100% today, but much, much better! No idea what triggered that. Hubby and I have eaten all the same things and he's been fine. Staying in and eating light today.
 
Janet,
I think there must be something in the air. I was so sick on Friday and most of Saturday, didn't know what end to put over the toilet first and it really made me nervous too. Feeling better today but still the nerves are acting up.
 
Awe Janet, that is not a good feeling doubled over in pain, diarrhea and the sweats! You got hit with a triple whammy!:console2: Let's cross our fingers that it was just a 24 hour bug or something like that. Whenever something happens to me like that Norm seems to be just fine, so maybe it a girlie thing!:skep:

Sleeping in your own bed without coughing is a big plus!:thumb: So, maybe your ill feeling was the last of your cold leaving you!

That's pretty good cutting off some of that travel time. The shorter autumn days do hinder the travel time. Norm and I are going to be driving down to Florida to spend Thanksgiving with our daughter and our two granddaughters. Anyhoo, we'll take our time and stop at different places a couple of nights, we like to be done driving before dark.
 
Daughter had something similar this morning, so I'm feeling better about it being a virus rather than something bacterial! Feeling better tonight. Eating soup.
 
Janet,
Glad to hear you are feeling better, I've been a little queasy this afternoon. Did you read that the Historian had it this weekend too. Like you said feel better knowing it must be viral and not bacterial.
 
Wow, Janet, you have had a tough week. I'm glad that you are feeling better today. Take care! xoxoxox
 
Janet, are you all set for your trip tomorrow? It's so exciting to get away and enjoy different things, that's why we got new knees! :friends:
 
Lordy, you scared me there for a moment! Our trip is Friday, not tomorrow, thank goodness! Lol! I've done the laundry and picked up some trekking poles. There won't be any fancy packing. Mostly, I need to get a couple nights of good sleep so that I have some energy for the trip. I was so tired today! But, I went to Ann Arbor today, a beautiful day, with my daughter and Daniel. We walked to lunch and walked to the children's museum and walked to the market, and up and down a few sets of stairs and back to the car. Last time she asked me to go, I said I just couldn't do the walking, so we both enjoyed the triumph today! And then I came home and took a nap. Now I'm alert and waiting for the Tigers vs. Yankees game to get started (tigers are up 3 games to 0). It's still beautiful out, not windy, 67 degrees, and they are rain delayed. Or, I should say, delayed for potential rain. But it will be a late start if they do, so now we're looking at something midnight or later. So much for a good night sleep! Who has a rain delay when it's not raining? Maybe they don't want to start a game that will be interrupted and end at 1am. Sorry for rambling about baseball!
 
So I have to just add, re: the delayed baseball game. They are playing an episode of Seinfeld, where 1) George is talking to his boss, the Yankees owner, and 2) Elaine goes to a movie called " Blame it on the rain". Coincidence??
 
:yikes: Didn't mean to scare you Janet! I must have lost a day, I hate when that happens! :heehee: It's wonderful that you had a great day with you daughter and grandson and you were able to take a nap. :thumb: And now you get to watch the game, Kool! Enjoy!
 
Game is postponed until tomorrow afternoon, so I get to sleep and watch the game tomorrow while I pack my bag. I've had to figure out this whole trip as to where we will be for games and debates! I'm confident it will be a World Series!
 
Hey Janet2012! I'm back on after a long break. After the 4 month mark, (& the MUA in Sept.) new knee became much happier. I can get it to 100 by myself (stiff hard to do) & it's just about straight! I'm thrilled. PT may be finally over, I go next week for a re-evaluation! They have made my life pretty miserable, but I have strong muscles. I am hoping to bike on a regular road bike soon & even get a new pair of figure skates soon! How are you doing. My recovery has been slow, but as I do the stairs (slowly) at school, I am amazed at how easy they are to go up & down. Just a twinge when it gets to the bending point.:)

Since I lived in MI during the 1990's, I am hoping that there is a red wings season. I go to the Ducks games out here & cheer for my Wings! Hoping the Tigers go all the way, Detroit can use something to celebrate!:yay:
 
Hi Lori, I'm glad to hear the MUA was successful and that all is coming along well! It does take time, doesn't it! I look forward to the someday, but am enjoying the today that I have gotten to thus far!
 
We only get snippets of the debates over here - but Jed Bartlett has to be the best President ever for my money (West Wing was REAL wasn't it?)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom