Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha! Well, my team pulled it out in style and are on their way to the World Series! Now if my candidate does as well, all will be right in my world!
 
I'm happy for your team, congrats, even though the Yankees is my son and grandsons team. :thumb: My son was whining on Facebook tonight!
Now as far as the election is concerned it is clear to me who should win, but it's not all about me, dang! Good luck to both of us!
Have a safe and enjoyable trip tomorrow! :friends:
 
Thanks Jacky! Sorry for your son's disappointment in the series, but this is sweet for Detroit! We don't get that thrill as often as Yankees fans! But we earned it this year!
 
It was a 7 hour drive with a stop at Cracker Barrel for coffee and rush hour/construction/Friday night traffic getting through Cincinnati into Kentucky. All in the rain. I did ALL the driving, and my knees didn't bother me during or afterwards, other than the normal stiffness on getting out of the car and stretching the legs. I brought my wedge and ice bag and am using as preventive maintenance. I'm encouraged! We'll see what kind of walking I do tomorrow.
 
Sounds like everything went well with your driving, very encouraging!:thumb: Enjoy your time away and all that beautiful scenery!
 
Hi Janet, just dropped by, I recall wishing you good luck before your surgery... now look at you, fantastic !
 
Hi folks! Just getting ready for the day here, doing some preemptive icing. My knees had a great day yesterday. I spent 5 hours mostly walking around the grounds and museum of the Kentucky Horse Park. I wore the wrong shoes, so my feet weren't happy, but my knees were fine! Sure, I iced when we got back before going out to dinner, feeling stiff by then, but that did the job and I didn't feel the need to ice again before bed. I don't feel stiff this morning, but am icing for good measure. We'll spend the afternoon continuing the horse theme here in horse country at Keeneland racetrack. Yesterday we saw some beautiful Derby winners and other great racehorses living at the Horse Park. I'm normally not into betting the ponies, but when in Rome...
 
Sounds like you're having a great time, I'm so jealous because I love horse races and betting, very exciting!
What a beautiful time of the year for such a trip! Good for you my friend, and good for Elmo and Cookie Monster for behaving!:friends:
 
You go girl! All that driving and feeling great!! You have won this race for sure! Enjoy the trip cause you have more than earned it!:friends:
 
Thanks jacky, Mimi and Debbie. What a gorgeous day we had at the gorgeous Keeneland race track! I picked the winner of the first race, so that set the tone for the day and made it great fun. We won 4 out of 9 races! So, we were there for about five hours, mostly sitting this time. I have to say my knees liked walking more than sitting. I had to straighten them out once in a while over the seats in front of us when they were empty, and I did limp down the steps a little, but I'm icing now and feeling good. Tomorrow afternoon is hubby's business meeting, so not sure what I'll do.
 
These are for you, Jacky. Not the best. Can you see in the last photo the horses were running on a grass track, 1 1/2 miles. We won the Exacta on that one, the big race of the day!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-2972643726.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 130
  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-2145912052.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 107
  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-288536151.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 116
Awesome Janet! The last time I went to the races was at Green Mountain race trace in Vermont. It was with a bus load of people from a company that my girlfriend worked for, We rooted and screamed so much that I couldn't talk for days! Needless to say Norm enjoyed the silence!:heehee: You just brought all these old memories back! Thanks for sharing the pics, now I feel the need to go play!
 
Vacation update. Yesterday was hubby's meeting, so I putzed around. In the end it was mostly a driving day. Today we went to the Shaker Village and it was another beautiful day. It was really interesting, and the grounds were gorgeous. But for some reason, I was not up to walking more than necessary and did the steps, but struggled with them a little. I felt very stiff and achy today. I'm doing what icing I can. It would have been lovely to walk the Shaker lanes.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-4275036540.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 99
  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-88182320.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 122
You continue to be my inspiration! So glad you are having such a nice vacation and your knees are doing so well, keep the same stories and experiences coming..
I only hope I can be doing the things you are doing very soon!
 
Janet,
things will be okay, at almost 17mos I still get some stiffness and achy if I do to much some days. I think it just part of the new normal and after all you are not all tat far along yet. Just keep icing and get some rest. Love the beautiful scenery pics you sent to us, makes me want to be there too.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom