Bilateral TKR Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
A BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU too Janet. Until a few years ago I never knew anyone with the same birthday then my nephews girlfriend came along and now You. It is really strange how this one little forum has come up with so many people I have things in common with. Tim C lives a few suburbs over from where I used to live, MilanFire2 is a friend of my cousin and swimmerdog goes to the OS practice I did and she also has some other friends in common with me.
Hope you do something wonderful tomorrow. Will anybody be back in town for you to celebrate with??

Jerseychick, thank you for the well wishes.
 
Happy Birthday Janet! I think you'll need chocolate tomorrow for sure! :kittykiss: Enjoy your special day and do something fun! :friends:
 
Janet, that chocolate was great! I've had dark chocolate many times, however this Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt was very tasty! Thanks for the heads up on that tasty gem! :friends: Definately a healing tool! :thumb:
 
I had some myself tonight! Thanks for the birthday wishes! No, no one will be back except my daughter. We are invited to my sons on Sunday for my new step granddaughters 12th birthday, so that will be nice.
 
Taking up Tap Dancing Janet? So you can do a little celebration 'shuffle ball change'! :dancy: Have fun, good job you got the hair & nails done just in time, someone might have mistaken you for an old lady with wonky knees!!!!! :heehee:
 
reetpteet said:
Taking up Tap Dancing Janet? So you can do a little celebration 'shuffle ball change'! :dancy: Have fun, good job you got the hair & nails done just in time, someone might have mistaken you for an old lady with wonky knees!!!!! :heehee:

Only tapping going on here is on my iPad! I went to have post golf breakfast with my golf group this morning. I haven't seen most of them since last summer since I haven't been golfing. They thought I had lost weight, but it's just that I have bigger hair this summer!
 
My bigger hair, my surprise birthday cake, my grandsons and their cousins - all a little fuzzy! We all had great fun.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-2836993369.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 138
Waiting for hubby to get home from the airport. It should be soon. I thought I would treat myself on my last night alone and picked up Pad Thai for dinner. It was good, to start with, but then It didn't seem to set right with me. I've been having Pad Thai regret ever since. On the knee front, the last couple of nights the knee seems to be getting less achy regardless of the position I'm in, so I've had a couple of really good nights sleep. Also less stiff and achy when I first get up in the morning. Today, I took the Celebrex at breakfast, and then have only taken tylenol through out the day. My first day without any Percoset. I'll see how that seems to do for a couple of days anyway. I only have one more day of PT, at least until after vacation. It's 8 weeks Monday!
 
TIME & PATIENCE do win the day. You're getting there slowly be surely---good for you!
[Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
And sorry about the Thai food
[Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
.
 
Janet, Happy Birthday to you! Or is it now Happy Belated? I am so impressed with how well you are doing! No problem with gait? That's amazing. Perhaps the key lies in what you mentioned casually--"I spend most of the day with my leg up." How much exercise and stretching are you doing?
 
juniper said:
Janet, Happy Birthday to you! Or is it now Happy Belated? I am so impressed with how well you are doing! No problem with gait? That's amazing. Perhaps the key lies in what you mentioned casually--"I spend most of the day with my leg up." How much exercise and stretching are you doing?

Thanks! My Birthday was the 27th. I had both knees done at the same time, and I think part of it is that there is no benefit to favoring one knee, so I use them equally and have no limp like before surgery when one was worse than the other. I do keep my legs up all the time that I'm not walking somewhere or sitting to eat, for instance. I have been going to PT three times a week, but other than that, I've done little other exercising. I probably stretch the knees to get a good bend, and maybe do a few quad sets or leg lifts once a day. Way less than I'm suppose to do, I must confess. I haven't had extension issues at all, but have had one knee that lagged behind in flex. She measured me Friday and it has caught up. Holding the bend myself, I was 115 on both on my back, and 118 and 120 on my stomach. Monday is my last day of PT before seeing the OS on Wednesday and leaving for a two week vacation on Saturday. I really have had the luxury of taking my good ole time. I haven't gone to a grocery store or done any amount of walking like that. Apparently, laziness wins the day for me! Lol! But now I will have to conscientiously make sure I do a little more on a daily basis. I hope to get another round of PT after vacation, and I will also return to the pool and start walking and stretching there again in the fall. I may have to go back to Planet Fitness to use the bike at some point. I don't want one in the house. I'm so glad to see that you've had a break through and feel like you are making some headway! I have my legs elevated and am watching the Olympics at this very moment, but my peas just slid to the floor.
 
Happy Belated Birthday, Janet. You are doing great ...walking with no sticks WOW!
Enjoy your holiday
 
You have been so good and it has done you well. Happy Birthday and Have a wonderful vacation. Where are you guys going? Chris O
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom