Guest viewing is limited

TKR Josephine's knee story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to update:
Jo had a very good night, her pain is well controlled and she ate a 'hearty' breakfast. :snork:
She can't wait to get home tomorrow to tell you all about it.

.
 
Best wishes for the speediest of recoveries.......:wave:
 
Didn't see any posts about Josephine last night, but just checked to be sure all went well. She was in my thoughts when I got up this morning. So glad to hear she's doing well and can't wait to read her version of things!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Thank you, @Jean , for continuing to update us on Josephine's progress.

I hope she continues to do well and does get home tomorrow.
 
Jo had a bit of a set back this afternoon so not definite but still hoping to go home tomorrow.

Another good night's sleep will probably help her to feel better tomorrow.

(I will leave it for her to tell the story)
 
Thanks for the update, sorry about the setback, hoping for a good nites :sleep:.
 
Jo, I just got back from Vegas and ran to the computer to see how you are. I hope that all is well and you are yelling to go home by now. I will give you our recovery articles from our library. They are all short and informative---i think you will have some extra time for reading now. Love, Kelly
 
Oh dear, if Jo doesn't get home on Friday I think I'll be able to hear the screams in New Zealand. Seriously now, I hope whatever the setback was has resolved, that she's doing well and does get home as planned.
 
oops, I forgot to add the articles!!! Old age is looming.First are the BoneSmart mantras ....
- rest, elevate, ice and take your pain meds by the clock
- if it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physiotherapist - to do it to you
- if your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again
- if you won't die if it's not done, don't do it
- never stand when you can sit, never sit when you can lie down, never stay awake when you can go to sleep!

And here are some very crucial articles
The importance of managing pain after a TKR and the pain chart
Myth busting: no pain, no gain
Swollen and stiff knee: what causes it?
Activity progression for TKRs

Healing: how long does it take?
Chart representation of TKR recovery
Energy drain for TKRs
Elevation is the key
Ice to control pain and swelling

Home physio (PT) and activity progress: suggestions
Myth busting: the "window of opportunity" in TKR
Myth busting: on getting addicted to pain meds
Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it

And wise words from members who have shared their experiences ...
Where are you in recovery?? (TKR)
Five “P’s” of knee recovery
TKR: work “smarter” and not “harder”
Recovering a knee - from one who knows!
It's never too late to get more ROM!
It's worth the wait for ROM
 
:rotfl: Way to go, Kelly!!!!
 
Hi Josephine,
I hope things got sorted out after your technical hitch and you are home now, or will soon be home.
Best wishes!
 
Swishing you a speedy and smooth recovery Josephine
 
Jo has another night in hospital and all being well discharge tomorrow.



....................................................................
[Bonesmart.org] Josephine's knee story
 
Boooo hooooooo!!!!! Another night of delicious hospital food. Poor Jo!!! Hurry home....we miss you.
 
Thinking about you Josephine and hope you are back home Saturday!
 
Thinking of you Josephine! Hope you're reading the articles Kelly sent you! I'll bet you can't wait I till you get home to your own bed!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
And don't forget these article Jo... take care sweetie, we are thinking of you x

In addition to the articles you have been provided with already, you may like to browse these.

Nutrition plays a huge part in surgical recovery, in fact it is one of the 'forgotten topics' of recovery..

The following is a link to an article which provides the current science regarding the healing beneath and around the implant and approximate timeframes for the healing phases and processes and the relevant nutritional information for each phase.

Healing Phases & Nutrition

This second link is to other nutritional articles which you may find interesting, including one relating to bone health.

Nutritional advice for pre op and recovery

This third link refers to my ongoing research..

nutrional-snippets
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom