TKR Jo has a new knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Jo., Just want to give you good cheer. I hope you keep up with Ice and resting. It is not a fun surgery, but hope the outcome will make it better in the end. I am six weeks out and my knee still has a lot of stiffness in the a.m., less after I am up on it a bit. We are all in the same boat and I have found everyone to be supportive and giving good advice.
 
Hi, Jo -

Sounds like things are coming together for the wedding! I still have some twinges, too (going to do an update on my thread tonight).

I like the photo idea. I also need to put a new photo up for my avatar. You guys all probably think I look like a lioness (not that there's anything wrong with that).
 
Pictures are MORE than welcome in the social forum....bring 'em on!!!!
 
Hello to everyone

I thought I would drop in with a quick post to let my bonesmartie friends know that I will be out of action for a few days as I have family staying before the big wedding on Friday. I have a feeling I shall be a busy lady!!! You will all be in my thoughts and I shall be able to catch up with everyone next week.

It has been a manic couple of weeks getting ready for family staying and the wedding. Also, my Mother is not doing very well and she is such a worry to me at the moment. She is beginning to show very worrying signs of dementia and it is hard to know how to cope with this fast moving condition. I work with people with dementia but when it's your own family it's very hard to deal with. I am lucky to have a supportive family and we are all trying to deal with it.

The good news is that my knee is fabulous and I am so happy with the way it is behaving. I have spent a lot time cleaning the house, making beds, shopping and tons of cooking. It has not complained once!! I have also kept up all my exercises, cycling and walking. I am so pleased I have had it done and I am getting on with my life. This time last year I was a miserable wreck not knowing what to do with my awful knee. The wonders of modern surgery - we are so lucky to have it available to us.

I do wish everyone a good week and to all my UK pals - enjoy the Jubilee weekend. I will post some pictures of the wedding celebrations when I return next week.
 
Hi Jo, great to hear you're doing so well. Enjoy the wedding and walking in heeled shoes - something you couldn't have done last year I bet.
 
Jo, have a great week with family and have a wonderful wedding! Let me congratulate you early on becoming a mother-in-law.

(The secret to being a great mother-in-law is to 1) mind your own business, 2) never take sides, and 3) give advice only when asked and don't expect it to be taken.) This has served me well, and my daughters-in-law and I are great friends.

Remember when you dance at the wedding, you're dancing for all of us BoneSmarties.
 
Jo, I am so glad to hear how nicely your knee is doing with all of the work that you have been doing. Have a wonderful week with family and enjoy the wedding and festivities.
 
What a great post Jo, thanks for updating us!!

Best of luck with your busy week and the wedding. Cant wait to hear about the dancing in heels! Twirl a few times for us!

Best,

Dawn
 
Happy you are doing so well with your knee, Jo.

Enjoy your son's wedding and hope you don't have to work too hard this week coping with your guests - but I expect you will :wink1:

Can't wait to see your pics :thumb:

Kathy
xx
 
Hi, Jo -

Best wishes for a wonderful wedding! How thrilling that your knee is doing so well (just like Neil - now if only Buzz would catch up).

I'm so sorry to hear about the worries about your Mom. My prayers are with you.

I hope Jubilee weekend goes well with no disruptions or concerns.
 
More Best Wishes for a wonderful wedding from me!! Judy gave wonderful mother-in-law advise! It is very different from being the mom that's for sure, but just remember how you felt when you were first married and you will be fine! It sounds like your knee is doing great and you will be dancing up a storm!

I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I will hope for the best for all of you!
 
Jo,

Have a great wedding week. I agree with Judy's advise, this is from the DIL perspective. That's very much how my MIL was and we were very good friends until she passed.
 
Hi Jo
Sorry to hear about your mum. I know how hard it is - my mum has dementia and over the last year it has got worse. The good thing is that she is now quite happy in herself most of the time.
I hope you can still look forward to the big event on Friday and that it will be a fabulous day for all of you. Enjoy it and your new found freedom with a strong knee!
I'm off to France on Sunday for our wedding on Monday. Let's hope we all get good weather!
 
Just having a quick catch-up in bed with my iPad - I am absolutely worn out tonight with looking after my guests and I needed some Bonesmart time :th_heehee:. Thankyou all so much for your lovely messages, I was so touched that you all took time to post such nice comments. I am really looking forward to going away on Thursday and staying in a hotel for two nights, so I can be waited on for a change and then hopefully be fresh for the wedding.

See you all next week :thumb:
 
Enjoy yourself, hon. You deserve to be pampered!!!

I'll keep you mom in my prayers. Dementia is a disease that takes some getting used to, but it can work out to be just fine. It's just "different." My mother had it to some degree for many years. Even the last few years when it was really bad, she was still happy and we had some wonderful times together. I hope the same for you.
 
Hi Jo
Just caught up with your thread as I've been indisposed for a while! Sorry to hear about your mum, we've had some worries as well with our aging parents, it's never easy, you just want to make everything right for them.

Hope you have a fantastic weekend with your family and enjoy all the celebrations - what a great weekend to be getting married - no hope of anyone forgetting your Anniversary!

Photos of the shoes please!!!

Enjoy x :dancy:
 
Hi Jo,
I hope you have a lovely time at the wedding and that your shoes remain comfortable and that you are happy the entire time.

I am sorry to hear about your mom. My mother had dementia and it was challenging at times to see her decline mentally but we loved her through it all and that is what matters most.

Dori
aka GrandyGirl
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom