Guest viewing is limited

TKR Jo has a new knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jo

Hope you've had a lovely time with the wedding. It's great to hear you and your knee are doing so well. It's really positive for us following behind.

Well weather was a bit hit and miss or the jubilee but we had a great time under shelter and still had a BBQ.

Sorry to hear about your mum. It's such a cruel thing to happen. Hopefully she will respond to medication that may hold it still for her.

Take care and look forward to seeing the photos :biggrin:
 
Jo, I too have been adbsent for a while, been away and just egenerally busy, but wanted to give you my best wishes for the wedding, its such a exciting time, my own son got married |(second time around) 3 years ago and it seemed to consume all of my time in the lead up, and sometimes you have to remind yourself to enjoy the time, it goe4s so fast, and you need to remember every little bit of the day.

Wearing heeled shoes is something I too have started to do when I go out dressed up, like the Jubilee Weekend when we had a posh dinner on the Monday, in a marquee with 500 guests for dinner. It was absolutely freezing, but did it spoil the event, not on your nelly, the dance floor was full the whole of the time, and although by the end of the evening we all had our coats on, everyone had a good time.

Post some pics please after you have settled back into a normal routine again!! xx:thumb:
 
Jo, great to hear about your knee. I bought some shiny Tom's for a wedding I attended last fall. I tried wear wedge heels, but by the reception, I was done. My golden slippers got quite a lot of attention. K
 
Hello to everyone

Wow, where does the time go? The wedding went like a dream, it was just simply perfect and everyone had such a good time. The bride and groom looked wonderful and so in love (bless!!!). It all went so fast and now I keep looking at the photo's to re-live the day.

My knee held up so well and didn't give me any grief at all - it was superb. I was on my feet for a lot of the day and there was plenty of walking around but no mad dancing, only a couple of slow ones with hubby. I still don't feel brave enough for a boogie just yet. The shoes held up for most of the day but I did put a different pair on later in the day. The next day all was fine with my knee - I was so delighted that I could just enjoy the day and play a big part of it with no complaints from my knee ...... oh the joy!!!!

Since the wedding I have been busy getting the house back to normal and getting our life back in order. I have been catching up with work commitments that I had let slip due to all our visitors. I have stepped up my exercise routine and again my knee is great - I still cannot believe that I have such a great working knee again. When I consider how I was this time last year it seems amazing to me that I am doing so well - everyday I say thankyou to my wonderful OS that has made this possible.

I hope everyone is well and having a good recovery. I shall now be checking up on the news I have missed for the last couple of weeks.

Oh yes, I shall load up a couple of pictures of the outfit and shoes on the Social forum.
 
Glad you're back, Jo. Just thrilled that the wedding was perfect and you had a perfect knee to go with it! Hallelujah!
 
Can't wait to see the photos, and its wonderful to hear that it went perfectly and that they are so happy. They have the perfect parents and in-laws, and you sound so happy with your knee Jo, you simply have had the best recovery, long may it last!! xx:friends:

Thanks for the lovely words Bottomshollow, it was taken last weekend when we attended a Jubilee Dinner in a marquee which was great fun, but the weather was so cold, and if you look closely you can probably see me shiver!! xx
 
Hi Aretha

I am pleased you enjoyed the Jubilee weekend and got yourself all poshed up - it's such fun to have a day like that. I love your new profile picture - stunning!! I am true to my word and have posted 3 photo's of the wedding outfit and also a pic of our lovely bride and groom. How about you posting one of your outfit :biggrin: .

How is that house coming along - are you fed up with it yet?? I have spent many years doing up properties and I must confess I get a real buzz from the whole deal but there are times when you wonder where you are going with it!!! I'm itching to get going on another project.

I hope your knee has been behaving - take care my friend :friends:xxx
 
Thanks Jo, it was a great Jubilee 4 days. We went back to Henley on Thames for an Olymic games event put on by the local primary school which is situated on Peppard Common adjacent to our old home, the children were dressed up in the colours of the Olympic flag, and did a march past with flags of all the countries competing, and then families completed over 8 different types of events for a cup at the end. They had 30 families competing and it was a hoot, needles to say there was water involved!! Sunday we had an area church service for 4 parishes in the huge marquee, then picnics were in order (inside unfortunately because of the rain) and a huge screen had been set up in the marquee so we all watched the floatilla procession etc. whilst drinking and making merry. Monday the Jubilee celebrations climaxed with a 4 course dinner, inside the marquee for 500. The children had made huge crowns which sat up in the roof ofthe marquee, and every guy and gal had a crown or a tiara on the tables, all made by the schoolchildren. We were all in our finery, but it was bitterly cold so by the end of the evening 1.00 a.m. wives had their partners coats on and were freezing, but it was a great night.

As for the renovations, they are so start and stop at present with all this rain we are having, I guess we are at least 6 weeks behind. We keep planning and booking men to do different stages and it rains, so we put them back, and still it rains!!! Yes, like you being married to a builder has its compensations, but we are always renovating something or other, this is our very last project so has to be right, and fingers crossed that the weather improves soon (not holding my breath!!) LOL!!

Glad the wedding went off OK, and will take a look at the piccies now. Happy that you have done so well with your knee, it seems no time ago that you had it done, and haven't heard from Hills, have posted her a couple of times but nothing back yet. Trying to fix a lunch date with her, we do them regularly, but not sure how or where she is at present.

Anyway, off track a bit, so take care Jo xxx:friends:
 
HI JO and welcome back! It sounds like you had a great day to celebrate the special event!! The pictures you posted were terrific, what a good looking couple!

Also, congrats on the marathon of pre-wedding and post wedding activity. YOu should be very proud of your ability to participate and enjoy the occasion!

Be well,

Dawn
 
Jo, where are the pictures sited, as looked on your profile but not there and not sure how to find them!! Help please anyone xx
 
Aretha,

Go to the Social tab, then to social room, then you will see something something in POSH OUTFITS and there you will find what you are looking for.
 
Hi Jo

So glad your wedding went well and you look great in your outfit!

As you say, it's so nice to be able to enjoy a special day without worrying so much about the knees - doubly important for you as mother of the groom!

I've just posted on my thread and added a couple of photos!
 
Hi Jo, Glad the wedding went so well and you had such a lovely time with no knee problems! Makes it all worthwhile! I'm busy packing up the house and trying to sell everything before we head back to Spain on 8th July, hence not much time to spend on Bonesmart!
 
Hi Goodasnew, I was thinking about you today and imagined you would be rather busy at the moment. I hope the move all goes well for you and I bet you can't wait to get settled in your house. Good luck :puppysmooze:.

Hi Bassplayer, Thankyou - we had a lovely day. My Mum is proving to be such a worry to me at the moment, I have to keep tabs on her daily - she is forgetting the days and also day/night. So, I am trying to set her home up to make life easier for her - it's not easy but at least she is happy with me bossing her about; bless her! I hope you are feeling a little better now - I shall take a look at your thread and check-in on you :).
 
Bonjour & welcome back Jo, how was France? Did you visit Vannes? Can't wait 'til the 27th when we go. Having a long weekend in our caravan just to get a bit of practice in. Sorry you've been unwell, hope it's all past now.
 
It has been a while since I have posted on my thread - where has this Summer gone?

I am so happy to report that my knee is in fantastic shape and I am now living with a perfect knee. I am so pleased that I had the TKR and I have my life back. Life is good :yahoo: . I can do just about anything I want to do and I very rarely think about my knee - it is strong, stable and painless. When I consider how I felt this time last year, I really have to pinch myself to check i am not dreaming.

We had our trip to France in July and it was fantastic to be able to walk anywhere and for miles and miles. It has not only changed my life but it has been a positive result for my husband. He keeps telling people that it has been life changing for both of us. I know that I am a happier person due to the fact that I am no longer living with pain. Rita, we stayed in Vannes and absolutely loved it.

The Olympics were fantastic and I was literally glued to the television - I was totally blown away and so proud of Team GB. I have been dealing with a difficult time with my poor Mother - bless her. I know I have a very challenging time ahead of me but at least I can focus on her and not on my knee.

I have some catching up to do on the forum and I am looking forward to seeing how all my Bonesmart buddies are doing. Wishing everyone a good recovery.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Jo has a new knee Jo. You have been such an inspiration to so many on your journey to a pain free life with a super new knee! Your update just warms my heart. I just wanna jump up and down while yelling, "We keep telling all you BoneSmarties that it will and it does just get better and better! And here is living proof!"

I am so happy that you now have the life you deserve. Take care. I care.
[Bonesmart.org] Jo has a new knee
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom