TKR Jo has a new knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jo, look for a pair of Merrill shoes, they have great support and many have a small heal, a little bit dressier! I did buy a pair for my nieces wedding and they were great!

Great report and congrats on the vacation, you are well on your way to a new life!

Be well,

Dawn
 
Hello to everyone

I haven't posted on my own thread for a couple of weeks as I have been ticking along nice and quietly with my recovery. I have been concentrating on my walking and strengthening my quad muscles. I have seen good improvement on both :dancy:.

My quad muscle in my left leg was a disgrace and had just about withered away. I can now see the muscle is springing back and is beginning to get some definition - I know it will take ages for it to be like the other leg, if ever, but I am pleased with the progress.

My gait is coming together now but only with me concentrating on every step. I hope one day I will just walk and not think :rolleyespink:. I live on Dartmoor where there is no such thing as a lovely flat walk, so I am now trudging up and down hills everyday. I find the going up fine and my muscles are pleased of the workout but I'm still not comfortable in coming down a steep incline (hence getting the quads working!). Again, one day in the next few months I hope to do it without thinking :rolleyespink:.

I have had a funny little thing happen the last week with my knee. When I go up the stairs I sometimes get an odd tweak from the back of my knee on the outer side - it's enough to give me a jolt. Then the next stair the feeling has gone. Anyone got any ideas on that one????

This is not knee related but a quick wedding update - I have the outfit and the shoes and have also got hubby sorted - we are ready for it :yahoo:, so bring it on :yahoo:. The shoes were purchased before the dress (silly I know) but I had to have them. They have a 2" solid heel and look really cute!!!! I have been practicing walking around the house in them and they seem really comfortable - time will tell :skeptical:. It seems so strange to have proper shoes on again - what I shall do is to take another pair with me (just in case).

Wishing everyone a good and steady recovery.
 
Jo, it sounds like the pain I have always had behind my knee. I can be walking along feeling fine and ping! Pain from top of calf in to knee. Stops me or at least makes me gasp and hesitate, then i can just carry on and walk it off. Masseuse thinks its ligaments. I have bought an outfit for our son's wedding in September including shoes with heels......and a huge hat! I didn't mean to get it so soon but I saw it, tried it on ,and liked it! Where is the wedding to be? I have the hen weekend at the end of the month. It means a flight to Bristol so will test the scanner alarms!
 
Nancy, The discomfort for me is more at the top of my leg and behind the knee, at the side but I agree it could be ligament issue. It's weird how it's so random?? I can't believe how organised you are with having your outfit sorted for September - well done!! Does that mean the hen night is in Bristol? The wedding is in Wiltshire at a hotel - only a couple of weeks away now.
 
Jo,

From time to time, I have all kinds of tweaky jolts and pains with this new knee. But I can't recall having anything like that...YET. I'm sure it's just part of our continual recovery. Like you said, our muscles and ligaments are recovering from a long spell of atrophy.

The wedding plans sound exciting, especially with the 2" heels. I have not worn heels yet but next week I am attending a fundraising gala and it has a chic western attire them. I am happy about that because I am pretty certain that I can weat my boots comfortable for the evening and I have the perfect hat to go with it!

Dori
aka GrandyGirl
 
Jo. The wedding outfit news is HUGE!

Sorry about the weird feeling in the knee. Sometimes, I wonder if we're not just so super attuned to our knees that we feel every little niggle. Ligaments? Have you been able to repeat the feeling?
 
Dori, I like the idea of your western evening - sounds like fun :thumb:

PooShay, I have tried so many times to repeat the feeling but of course I can't!! It has only happened about 6 times, as I say it's so random. You are right about being so attuned to every niggle and odd feeling - hopefully one day we shall stop all this fretting :rolleyespink:
 
HI Jo,

Congrats on the upcoming wedding! I hope its turns out beautifully! It has got to feel good to get into a cute pair of shoes and feel like a grown up again!! I wore my dressy shoes to my nieces wedding, but had my sandals on standby which I promptly switched to after the main festivities. It was a godsend! My sister did the same thing!!

Be well, can't wait to hear all about it!

Best,

Dawn
 
Yes hen weekend is in Bristol . my son lives there at the moment. Apparently we are abour to 'GO Wild!', I don't think i'll be hiking!. The wedding is just outside Ross on Wye. I think maybe we just panic with every knee twinge and if it was in the other leg would just ignore it
 
Jo, so happy for you that everything is going well, apart from that odd little twingle. But like Nancy says, you'll be much more aware of everything in that knee than the other one.

It's great when you have your outfit all ready for a big do, especially your son's wedding. I bet you're well excited!

Kathy
xx
 
Dawn, I will be taking a comfy pair of shoes too :thumb: (wish I could wear my Birkenstocks :th_heehee:)

Nancy, Your Hen Do sounds lively!! I hope you have your pink cowboy hat ready :th_heehee:. Panic is a good word for us knee replacement folks!! No twinges today, thankfully!!

Kathy, thanks for your encouragement. Yes, we are getting quite excited here about the wedding - I keep thinking I must have forgotten something :what: :th_heehee:
 
It all sounds lovely for all of you!! Are you allowed to post pictures in the social room? I would love to see everyone dolled up!! You will be the bee's knees!!!(hehehe)
 
Hi Megan

Yes, I believe it's ok to post pic's on the Social room. I will do it and hopefully all the other ladies attending weddings will also post. Maybe we should start a new thread for posh frocks!!
 
I love the fact that all you ladies have weddings coming up, and look forward to seeing you all in your finery.

I hope that your knees get through the festivities with as little niggles as possible, and am sure that all will be well.

Good luck with the new shoes xxx:friends:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom