TKR Jo has a new knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Dori
Your city sounds as if it has some great activities to get involved in - I like the sound of the Crabfest! As you say in time you will get involved again and boy it will be worth the wait. My chickens are so funny and a big time waster :biggrin: . At present they are not laying very well and we can't work out why they are not doing their job!! It is nice to have fresh egss everyday :thumb:
 
Jo, although my knees do have quite a different ROM it doesn't seem to matter too much for most day to day activities. The only time I notice it is if I climb a step ladder, I have to come down left (less ROM) leg first. I'm sure in time it will even out, but for now I'm just grateful they're done!:wink1:
 
12 Week Update :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

12 weeks ago today I could not contemplate how I would be feeling today, it seemed so far away but :yes 4: I made it!!!

Today, my hubby, Roxy and I took a drive to Exmouth (a seaside town in Devon), we parked up and took a very long walk along the front and enjoyed the sea air and watched the fishing boats coming and going. It has been a beautiful day with the sun shining down - just glorious! We stopped for coffee then had our lunch sat outside enjoying the sea. I was so happy to walk with absolutely no pain and at a good pace. My hubby commented that my gait has really improved and he can hardly notice a limp :yay:. Towards the end of the walk I started to tire and could feel the pesky limp was beginning to show itself but I'm happy with that, as it was the longest walk I have done to date. Now I'm sat at home with no knee issues - a happy Jo :happy dance:

I still have the tight band that comes and goes - so annoying and I notice when I stand for a period of time, the bottom of my knee does hurt. I hope in time this will disappear as I'm guessing it is still healing as that area took quite a hammering! It's funny because when I walk I don't get any feeling from that area :scratch:. Also, my shin area will twinge sometimes but again I'm not that worried as it goes off as quick as it appears. I am still icing and elevating when I'm sat around not doing a lot - I still love the ice on my knee. I think it was Niki that said maybe she was addicted to the feeling - I know what she means and I am :th_heehee:

So, although I still get odd bouts of discomfort I am generally delighted at how my knee is feeling and the activity level I have reached. I tell people all the time that I can't believe how much I am able to do already and I still have a long way to go before I am fully recovered :yahoo:.

I have noticed over the last week or so I have spent less time on the forum and it's due to the fact I am getting busy with my life again, which I guess is such a good thing but I do miss my time spent on here with all you great folks. I wish everyone a good recovery and positive thoughts to you all :thumb:
 
Hi, Jo -

What a fantastic report!! I can't wait until I can go on a nice long walk like that.

It is strange that some of the tightness and annoying little pains are not there when we walk. I think walking a lot will be easier in some respects than just standing.

Please keep in touch with your BoneSmart friends. I can't keep up with all of the new folks and once I get back to work (shudder), I'm sure my time here will also be limited.
 
Great to hear that you are getting on with your life!:dancy:

Everything you are experiencing looks perfectly normal in the recovery process. I feel that you are ahead of most people at 12 weeks!:thumb:
I know you are way ahead of me at 12 weeks , since that is when my quads finally started to work:rolleyespink:

Enjoy the spring weather and continued successful recovery :friends:
 
Hi Jo,

What a lovely morning! How wonderful that you are able to experience the joy of simply being near the seaside with your hubby and Roxy. Having gone thru all this, it seems that we are able to appreciate the little things even more.

I wish you continued joy and progress in your recovery. Don't worry about spending your time Living life rather than posting on this forum. It's always good to hear from you and we're happy that you're living the good life!

Dori
aka GrandyGirl
 
Jo, wow, such a positive report. My hubby and I like you went to Hayling Island for lunch with some friends we hadn't seen for some time, and they hardly recognised me from the lady that wouldn't/couldn't walk far and was carrying way to much weight too.:blush: :biggrin:

That day I had my slim jeans on, and had just had my hair done, and felt good. Walked along the beach some, had a great lunch of beer battered fresh fish and home made chips, and it was delicious!!:thumb:

I am finding like you that I cannot spend so much time on Bonesmart site as there are so many things going on in our life at present, complete house and garden renovations, and lots of catching up to do with old friends and now new ones here. I feel really guilty as I don't want to lose touch with everyone, and want to put back all the support and energy I received from the Bonesmarties, so am gonna try to visit at least once a week to support whoever will listen.

Take care Jo, you are making great progress, :friends:
 
great report Jo, you are the poster child for TKR recovery, my hats off to you!!

It sounds like you are well on your way back to your life and thats why we start the journey in the first place. Keep checking in when you can, to inspire those still trying to get where you are; they need to hear that its possible and probable.

Congrats again and be well,

Dawn
 
Hi Jo
What a glowing report. I am so pleased that your recovery is going so well and you are getting back to a normal life. It has been great reading about your progress as I am right behind you with the second knee.
I hope you have a great weekend with more walking and stops or coffee!
 
Yes, that is a wonder 12 week report, Jo. Many congratulations to you. Hardly surprising that you sound buzzing and so you should. You are a great inspiration to the rest of us. It's always good to hear your reports.

Aretha, we have had a few good family holidays on Hayling Island at Mill Rythe (don't know if it's still there - Mill Rythe that is, not Hayling Island :th_heehee: )

Take care Jo

Kathy
xx
 
hy jo i was supposed to have my knee op same day as you but was cancelled, my new date is april 10th,glad youve got yours over with and hope you go on ok,(betsari)
 
Thankyou all so much for your lovely comments, it is really appreciated and I must confess to getting a lump in throat reading them - you have all become my confidantes through this recovery. Nobody understands knee issues and this recovery like all you Bonesmarties. I could not have got through this journey without all the help and advice given to me prior to surgery from all the members here and the help and support I have received since surgery has been wonderful - thankyou a million times :thumb:

Barb - I followed your every move before my op and you gave me so inspiration. You will be doing lots of long walks soon with two lovely knees.

Dori - We are just about partners in crime here, 1 wk apart!! I have enjoyed sharing the journey with you, you have been a great partner to have :thumb:

Aretha - I love your new picture -WOW!!!

Dawn - Thankyou so much xxx

Diane - Thankyou and your 12 wk anniversary next week!

PooShay - I bet at 12 weeks you will have a similar story to tell - you are doing great :thumb:

Mimi - Thankyou for your support with my journey, I have always valued your sensible advice xxx
 
:friends:Hi Jo,

I just thought I should keep changing my Avatar, so many piccies to share. This one was taken on the day of my engagement, 50 years ago now, and its still so fresh in my memory, something to be thankful for I guess, still having all my marbles!!

Hope you go on as strongly from here Jo as you have been with no real setbacks yet, it gives all the newbies a picture of how it can and should be, and you are always there to encourage and support them. Good on you. Take care and have a lovely Easter coming up, lets hope the goold old British weather holds out for us over this period, I have a sneaky suspicion that it will all change just about at that time!:friends:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom