BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Knee Replacement & Hip Replacement
Patient Advocacy & Online Community
  1. Your support makes a difference...BoneSmartie Member

Industry changes have drastically reduced orthopedic partner contributions, which for 13+ years supported the operation and development of BoneSmart.org.

Our patient-focused articles and world-class joint replacement community forum have helped millions of people. Your gift today provides the important funds necessary to keep this valuable resource online.

Donate Now
    Dismiss Notice

[THR] JJ's recovery thread (14.02.17)

Discussion in 'Hip Replacement Recovery Area' started by JenJuniper, Feb 13, 2017.

1. JenJuniper

JenJuniper Junior Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks for that @leejaa, I may have to resort to antihistamines then if it doesn't stop soon!

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

2. Delphi

Delphi Junior Member

Thanks @JenJuniper, and glad to hear that you are back home safely. Rest ,relax and recuperate now!

3. JenJuniper

JenJuniper Junior Member

Update day 5:

Pain in still at 0-1, which is managed by Paracetamol 1000mg every 5 hours. I still am taking codeine at night.
    Sleep is just amazing! Did 9 hours last night, so fully back on track which is making a world of difference!
    Still napping and resting in the day too though.

That damn rash is still there and spreading!! now completely around my groin area, and under and above wound plaster. I've taken @leejaa advice and sent the OH to the shop to get some antihistamines so I'm taking one every 4 hours now. Doctors on Monday if it's not clearing up!

I'd been having showers since day 2 and now I'm at home. Although I feel steady, I'm just making OH be around in the bedroom just in case for a few more days.

So overall, nothing really to report now. After 5 days pain has steadied and is manageable on just paracetamol mostly. I am hoping this will be it now and daily i just work on pottering around the house, increasing walks (I may attempt a walk outside down our little cul de sac next week!), keep resting lots and getting more into a daily routine.
    I think I'll stop posting daily now as the major events have been and gone (hopefully!) and stick to a weekly update which will hopefully be of use to some.
    Looking forward to hearing updates from those February Valentines hippies! Take care all x

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

4. Delphi

Delphi Junior Member

How are you doing @JenJuniper ? Have you managed to sort out the rash? Hope all is well x