TKR Jennszoo Staged TKR, working on running again

That is an awesome shirt Jenn!!! You better be careful - we will assign you to make all of our BS t-shirts with your talents!! Hope he has a great start to school and that you had an awesome "girls day."
 
It's 5:30 and I'm icing and elevating for the first time. It's felt worse. I think my biggest challenge these days is just standing from a seated position. And general Achiness. And finding a comfortable sleep position. And morning stiffness.

Ok, so I still have a few problems. :rotfl:
 
You are super talented! I think the Bone Smart T-shirts could be endless!
"ROM Busters'"
"Bending while Friending"
"We who ice elevate!"
Okay, so can you tell I'm tired! Anyway, great shirt!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
i love the shirt and your son looks so proud to wear it. you are so talented ~ great mom. enjoy your girls' day.
 
And the other two are off to school today. I made a Ellys shirt on the left. We're not entirely sure if it meets dress code or not - is it a tank top (not allowed) or a sleeveless shirt (allowed)? Silly dress code.

Now I'm alone with my knee and my pets. It's weird having all this time while the kids are in school, but not able to fully enjoy it by running, hiking, thrifting, etc. I'll prob sew a bit, but I can only do that in spurts, too.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Jennszoo Staged TKR, working on running again
    image.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 208
Cute kids who seem very excited to be off to school today. And a really cute shirt you made Elly -- looks fine to me. I love that you have the first day of school pics - I expect you do that every year? No wonder you are bored in recovery - you are supermom! Get that new bike put together as I expect you'll be on it before long!
 
Your kids are all psyched to return to school and that's fantastic! Great photo of the girls who are positively beaming!

Now, let's see, how will you manage being alone in the house, lol? Don't do anything wild and crazy, ok?
 
Surgery went well. Home already. Pain is about a 3-4. But nerve blocks are still in. I'm worried about when they wear off.

Nurses at surgery center would only put a rolled sheet under my ankle. I want more support. They scared my husband into thinking I can't have pillows under.

I'm going to try to upload a pic and can y'all let me know if this looks right or do I need to straighten it more?

Holy moley! 10 weeks apart! That's brave!


LTKR scheduled on July 11th, 2017 [emoji51]
 
Been there, done that. Years of hectic three kid household and never ever having alone time left me clueless at first when it happened unexpectedly that I was alone with the cats.
I am so over that now.
I don't do anything that I have to do.
I put my music on loud and dance.
I love your sewing projects, I am also an avid but very inactive sewer. So envy that you have Jo-Ann's
Fabric stores are quite expensive here and they don't have anywhere near the handy gadgets and do-dads that you can find there.
 
your girls are gorgeous and clearly happy to get back to school. i love Elly's top ~ i would love one like that ~ love the paisley pattern...great job mama.
 
I think I joined the odic yesterday. I didn't think I did too much, but apparently driving + sewing + more driving = too much. They all kind of require the same flexing of the foot and a down position. I was so sore & cranky last night and most of today. (More driving this am to get Ben to school.). But I rode the same distance w DH driving to lunch today and the knee was much happier. It just doesn't want me driving. Too bad that's not an option.

But other than 2 car trips & lunch, I've mostly rested and elevated and feeling better this evening.

But I'm so over this recovery. So over the limitations. Back to back surgeries kinda sucks.
 
I was in the ODIC myself today. You might have seen me eating a gooey, super fattening dessert with VW54.
I'm glad to hear you are much better tonight, and hey, tomorrow's another day of______? Who knows? Every. Day. Is. Different!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom