TKR Jennszoo Staged TKR, working on running again

Jenn, I'm still *thick as a brick* at times and don't have the excuse of narcotics anymore, lol. When I had reached the point of taking the Oxy only at night (4th week) I complained to my pharmacist about this issue. According to her, the Oxy/Percs can give you a bit of a *hangover*, effect that lingers on into the next day. I think I recovered most of my gray matter at around 6 weeks, but it still hasn't come back full circle yet. You've had two knees done in short order, so I'd think that alone would make a difference?
 
Got up, showered, made BFast, iced/rested, took girls to rehearsal, shopped at Joanns (they have a scooter!) and only around 1 did I realize I had not taken any tylenol/gabapentin. Wow. Of course by the time I got home, knees were achy and I've been icing/resting for a couple hours.
 
you know what they say... when you start forgetting to take the meds, you're getting better; although at your stage, I would think you would still be wanting some Tylenol. Sounds like one of the corners is being turned though. Yeah!!
 
wowza, you are doing great. nice to think you can go a little longer without the medication ~ healing nicely.
 
Yippee, Jenn, you're forgetting to take your meds. That's a really good sign!
 
I stuck to watching documentaries on TV first 2 weeks. Only real reading was this forum.
Then it was short articles on Flipboard.
No book completed yet since. Have huge skyscraper stack next to bed with 5 started books among them.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Still having some brain issues at times too. Your life is very full right now. Lots to remember at the best of times.
 
Totally impressed you are sewing while recovering! To be honest other than buttons and mending, I don't sew at all, so I'm impressed you are a sewing mom whether you are recovering or not!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Wow, I'm impressed too! In another lifetime I actually sewed as well. I made all 4 daughters and myself matching mother daughter dresses and my husband a tie to match. I haven't sewn in years. You have so much going on with your kids and you are sewing all with new knees! I can't wait to see pictures! You amaze me.:wowspring:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Jennszoo Staged TKR, working on running again
Here's my big guy on his first day of school in his mama-made Harry Potter shirt. He goes to a small, life skills based private school so 11th grade isn't totally accurate, but he keeps track so we go with it.

Now to have a girls day with my daughters since they go back tomorrow. Pool w friends and nail salon. My knee weeps for how tired it will be tonight. Lol.
 
Your son looks thrilled with his 11th Grade status and his new shirt made by his talented Mum! Awesome!:happydance:
 
I love the shirt, what a great job! My baby sister, although she is 49 and not so much a baby, is learning disabled. We did the same with her. She got a certificate of completion for each grade. That's wonderful the choices you know have for help. Back then she was in a normal school but just went along gradewise with her classmates. Enjoy your daughters today. Sit in a massage chair when you get your nails done if possible! Remember you have swim time just for you coming up!
 
Can Becky and I go to the pool and nail salon with you? We'll be quiet, lol!
 
Jenn, you are so talented! That shirt is amazing! Great job! And I love that smile on your son's face.

Have a peaceful, relaxing day with your girls!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom