Guest viewing is limited

TKR Jennszoo Staged TKR, working on running again

Isn't it great when our knees improve and we hadn't even been thinking about it, it just happens! I love how our bodies repair themselves. Such a miracle!
 
Good for you Jenn! We all know it's not easy to take back life's commitments after a TKR and having two of them 10 weeks apart makes a significant impact. The thing once you start feeling good is to not go overboard ( kettle calling the pot black here! Lol)
Try to pace yourself with lots of rest, ice and elevation between activities!
Your kids start back to school much earlier than ours. My grands don't go back until Sept 5th.
Good luck to them and hopefully the driving gets easier for you!
 
Took my son to his therapies today - got on his PTs recumbent bike and was able to do a few revolutions. Slow, but no pulling or pain. Woot! I haven't been going to PT so it's nice to have a tangible way to see progress.

And then tonight, I got excited watching American Ninja Warrior with the kids and they started doing planks and push-ups. I did 5 push-ups against the stairs - nothing hurt while I was doing them. And then I sat down and the knee is like..."um, what were you thinking?" Sorry, knee. I promise, nothing but rest from here on out today!
 
You are a beast Jenn . . . I would no more think about doing planks or pushups than hopping on my op leg . . . good for you. I could sure use a few planks or push-ups-- I'm getting mighty soft lying on the couch for 11 weeks now. :tennis2::treadmill::upright:
 
Hey Jenn... just caught up on your progress. Sounds like you are doing great! Way to go!!
We are getting wrapped up in the back-to-school excitement around here too :)
 
You're guy is starting Kindy, right? Big transition. My middle one is starting middle school and she's beside herself excited about starting band, getting a locker...so much big kid stuff.

Slept ok last night. Always good when I push the knee a bit and don't suffer for it. It seems to be ok with tylenol in the am and stronger stuff around 2/3 and bedtime. Hoping to kick the afternoon pain meds by this weekend.

14/4weeks! Time is flying.
 
Sounds like you're just about at that corner and getting ready to turn it. :happydance:
 
Wow, I actually remember my excitement at getting my very first locker, lol. Thanks for that Jenn!
 
Transitions! Hope all of your kids have a great start to the school year. Lockers and changing classes . . . what fun(though I wouldn't go back to those adolescent years for anything). Both of my grandkids start high school this year - I think they are more apprehensive than excited but hopefully they will have a good start. Good luck with the pain med transition this weekend Jenn - you are one tough cookie! :smile2:
 
Jenn, you are amazing. I real tkr rock star! I love reading your updates!
 
I agree. We should make you a "RockStar Mama," T-Shirt!
 
Anyone still have brain drain at 4 weeks? I made it all day without my percocet yesterday so I'm down to 1.5 at night and I swear, I still feel like I'm trying to think through molasses. I thought as I weaned the narcotics that would get better. Word finding, formulating complicated thoughts...still a struggle. I tend towards adhd on a good day,and live with a great deal of noise and distraction, so it's definitely noticeable when I'm not "sharp". Just keep telling me this is normal and I'm not kicking off early onset dementia or something! (Yes, I'm a hypochondriac....)
 
Yes, the brain drain is happening to me too. I'm on tylenol daytime. 2 percoset at night(one just before bed, one middle of the night). I had expected to be less goofy by now but still blanking on words, losing thoughts in the middle. Yesterday for the first time I was able to read coherently but otherwise, not much improvement.
 
I definitely still had brain drain at 4 weeks and was mostly off the narcotics. I had tried to go back to work part time and was pretty much worthless . . . could check and respond to emails, but not much energy beyond that. Plus, you've been at this intense recovery for a few months now. This too shall pass!
 
At 5 weeks I tried to prepare for teaching my SS lesson. There was no way I could do it. Jenn, you've had two surgeries back to back. Your body's energy, including your mind, is concentrating on healing those two knees!
 
You've gotten a lot of feedback already, Jenn, but I'll add my two cents - I also am experiencing brain fog or forgetfulness - with 3 young adults, lots of activities and all with boy/girl friends there is a lot going on here and one of them is constantly telling me - I told you, bla bla bla...
Thankfully, when I was discussing how my responsibilities at work would be handled in my absence, I kept reiterating that I would be unavailable the entire month of July. I am just starting to feel that I can reason but it certainly takes a lot out of me.
I have also noticed, mainly through participation in this forum, that it is easier for me to write my thoughts than to verbalize them.
 
One month out from my first surgery was the last week of school and so busy it nearly broke me. One month out from my second surgery is the first week of school madness and it's also trying to break me. Three Open Houses in the past 2 days, all the school supply shopping (yay for scooters at Walmart and Target), dr appts, hair cuts...so much. I didn't think through this timing very well. Lol.

But I'm glad im not alone on the cognitive impairment train. Choo choo, all aboard!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom