TKR Jennszoo Staged TKR, working on running again

Yippee, sleeping through the night! What a wonderful break through!
 
It may not sound like a big deal to outsiders but we all know that sleeping through is HUGE. Bet you felt like a million bucks.
 
Sleeping through the night is the best medicine of all. Everything feels better!
 
:holysheep: Jenn, you're also sleeping through the night this early? This recovery is happening at warp speed; yowza! Whatever you're doing, keep doing it, lol!
 
Good sleep is a beautiful thing during this recovery!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Getting antsy about driving so I'm trying to wean Percocet. Managed yesterday pretty well, despite a lot of activity (mostly in and out of car). Took tylenol, plus an afternoon and bedtime dose of percocet. Took 1000mg tylenol this am and I'm aching. I guess it's yesterday's activity catching up to me today. Houseguest is gone, so I'm basically sitting at home all day, icing and elevating. I was really hoping to have my wheels back by Sat. Sigh. Not looking good.
 
Ach, Jenn, it is so easy to want to build one success on another and lose patience. It seems like you are wanting it all, now (stamping foot)! Which by the way I fully understand but you, you already know this, in your heart of hearts ❤️
 
Oh I know. I worried I wouldn't drive for months bc of how weak the left leg was. So when this one didn't have the same weakness issues, I got a bit overly excited about driving being a sooner possibility. My ultimate goal is july 31, the week school starts. I think that's reasonable. This Sat is just my petulant child saying "I want a goose that lays a golden egg, Daddy. And I want it now!!" :heehee:
 
Aah, Jenn, what a drag when the knee isn't ready for our briliant ideas; pffft! Even driving by July 31st is ambitious for a right knee, isn't it? I completely understand why you want that to happen, but don't want to see you punish yourself in trying to reach that goal. If you need the Rx pain meds this week, that's ok, it's normal. Feeling ouchy after playing in the car is also normal. I know you know all this, but sometimes it does help to hear it from an outsider. Hope the knee responds quickly to ice, elevation, rest and pain meds!
 
Physically, it's so much more responsive than the lefty. I've been practicing making hard stops and holding my foot cocked like I'm pushing the accelerator. So I'm almost there on that end. It's just the painkillers and building overall stamina.
 
Yeah, I get it. How long were you playing in the car? Maybe if you skip it today, you can try an abbreviated session tomorrow? Just a thought.
 
Oh, good, kinda/sorta but not really! Been there; ugh!
 
How do you know when to get concerned about a pain? I've got kind of a throbbing on my inner knee. It's new. But I did overdo it the past couple days. And I skipped my am percocet (took some after lunch). It's just a dull ache, around the bony-ish protrusion. My inner hypochondriac says DVT, even though it's not in my calf. It's just that's where my inner anxiety always goes, bc it's a worst case scenario. Going to the Hosp would be a huge inconvenience witn 3 kids to just get it checked out if the likelihood of it is just post-op pain. I also twisted my leg a couple times yesterday, painfully trying to pivot into the passenger seat of the car. So it's likely that. Right???
 
Jennszoo, I can't give a medical opinion, but hopefully someone who can will be along soon. What I can say is twisting and pivoting the knee yesterday would certainly equate to pain today, and it's the reason you started out having a *Chair Day,* right?
 
None of us here can give you a medical opinion, but it seems pretty clear to me that your pain is the cumulative result of several small things that add up to over-activity, plus you skipped a dose of your pain medication.

Your instinct is right - have a chair day, with lots of rest, elevation and icing, and see if your knee starts to feel better.
 
Chair day definitely helped. Much less pain today. And I took my morning percocet. Let's see how today goes.
 
Good news Jenn !


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom