TKR Jennszoo Staged TKR, working on running again

Jenn, I am so glad to hear your good report. You are really helping my anxiety :fingersx:. The whole shaving thing is certainly weird. At this point in life, my hair doesn't grow as fast as it used to, and I probably don't care as much as I used to, so I don't have to shave that often. :yahoo:
 
I am so glad that your second knee is going better than the first.

The rocks look great! What a fun activity to do.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Good news about your second knee feeling strong and sturdy. I hope that is how it will go for me when the time comes.
 
It may not seem so from your perspective, Jenn, but you are really making strides ! Ugh, no pun intended. Pretty soon, your nights are gonna catch up with the rest.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks for the reminder. I better shave legs before appointment with OS on Monday.
:snork:.
Do you think he notices if a woman shaved or not?
 
@VW54, I think all medical pros just look at us like a slab of meat at the butcher shop.:heehee: So, do they care if we are fuzzy? Nah. Do we? Well, that is definitely a cultural thing.
 
I think you're generalising a bit too much, Pheebs. There are compassionate, caring medical professionals out there and they do care about the person. Believe me, they do notice how you present yourself - it's part of their assessment of your general progress.
 
Celle, I didn't mean to imply that medical pros are uncaring, so poor choice of words on my part. I only meant that they have to maintain a certain detachment, so in that sense, we are viewed as specimens and they wouldn't be put off by something as trivial as fuzzy legs. There are several RN's and a PA in my family and also a few friends in the profession, so no offense meant at all. They are all compassionate and caring, just as you described.
 
I used to stress about shaving before my massage appointments. Then it occurred to me that my massage therapist also massages men and prob doesn't think twice about their hairy legs (and backs and arms and...). So I stopped worrying. I joked about how hairy I was at Pt and she said "it's a no judgement zone here". Lol.
 
Hey Jenn, just catching up on your thread. Sounds like you are doing great!!

I know what you mean about massages. I always tell myself, however bad I am, they've seen way worse! [emoji15]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Just catching up Jenn, glad to hear you are doing well. I too struggle with shaving. I wonder how much of the numbness will go away after a while. Glad to hear I'm not the only one.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I just left a message with my surgeons nurse to the effect of...my incision is healing shockingly well, it looks better than the other one did at 6w. Can I maybe pop into the office next week and have someone look at it and see if I can get pool clearance before my scheduled f/u on 8/7?

I bet they don't get a lot of calls about things going better than expected. Lol.
 
Now, that's an uplifting post! Go head on, Jenn, you're on a roll!
 
Hi Jenn! I have been MIA going from having my daughters wedding and then off to my father in laws funeral. Yours is the first thread I've caught up on since you and I were surgery buddies on your first knee.

I'm sorry for the trouble you were having early on with this knee but it sounds like things are really going better. I started with your Fourth of July post and your darling matching clothes with your kids to your recent darling bike purchase to your awesome walking up the stairs "normally" this early!! You are still a rock star. Such a good mom to take your kids to the coveted new Spider-Man movie when you probably had no business even leaving the house.

Keep up the great work and the awesome attitude you continually display!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Jenn! Man, when you turn a corner, you really do it in style! Inspiring to those bringing up the rear. Rooting for you to get pool clearance
 
Thanks all. The MA called me back and basically said as long as I think it looks good, and im talking about going in a pool,and not the ocean, then go for it. Eek. Id much prefer a second set of eyes vs my own judgement. But really, it looks pretty closed. I'll prob wait another week, but def not 3 more weeks. Yay.

I'm sleeping through the night w/o waking for pain meds these past few days. Only a bladder call after about 2 hrs, then sleeping til morning. That's a huge post-op milestone. Still sleeping w the ice cuff on.

Now to work on weaning from the percocet during the day so I can hit the next big milestone - getting my wheels back!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom