Theres a local painted rock trend going on here (and other places I've heard). People paint rocks, hide them around town and post on a Facebook group when they find them. I've been wanting to participate but obv haven't been able to do much. I bought some rocks and paint pens on Amazon and the kids have painted a few.
Today a friend came over and we all painted together, then she drove us all to a local park. I planned to just park it on a bench and let them run around. Of course, you always end up walking more than you think. I ended up off roading with my rollinator. . But I got some much needed sunshine and fresh air, my kids had fun and now I'm back in the recliner with my ice on. Same as usual.
I want to do some painted rocks. A video keeps coming up on my Facebook feed where you heat the rocks in the over and use crayons to decorate them. The crayons melt on the hot rocks and looks interesting. I am so glad you got out to get some Vitamin D.
Just catching up with your thread! Even though you have had some obstacles, it looks like you are making great progress!!! Especially foot over foot on the stairs! Awesome Blossom !!! Keep up the good work!
I don't think I'll ever get used to shaving these numb legs.
I also still cant get over how stable this new knee is already. Having such a harder recovery first really messed with my head. I am continually amazed at what I can already do with it.
That is so awesome Jenn! So glad the 2nd one is coming along so well. I hear ya about the freaky shaving. I shaved before going to PT yesterday and last night noticed that I had missed a big patch where my big numb area is - guess I am not comfortable with it yet either.
I finally broke down and bought a decent electric razor after having unwittingly sliced a piece of skin in the numb area. I didn't notice the bleeding (duh) and it was only discovered at the PT office that day. The electric model still feels odd in the dead-zone, but definitely not as odd as a regular razor and no fear of nicking helps.
After the awful time you had with Knee#1, you must keep waiting for the bubble to burst on this happy knee dream, lol. You really needed this good knee experience.
How wonderful your newest knee is the better-behaved and you're having an awesome recovery! Having the hardest first is the way to do it--if only you could know for sure going in. Now you have two stable, new knees and will going only forward from hereon.
Just did the electric leg-shaver gig again and must say, I can barely feel it in the numb area and that's a huge improvement; highly recommend. Braun Model #3 (yes, a men's foil razor, built much better than the cheesy women's models) from the good people at Amazon.
Jenn, if only we all knew going in exactly what to expect, eh? I'm so glad you saved the *best for last.*
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.