Guest viewing is limited

TKR Jennszoo Staged TKR, working on running again

Oh Susie, I recall a kayak trip we took in Florida on some river where there were flying fish. Well, ....we both almost went overboard when one landed in the kayak, lol.
 
Jenn, I have a low entry bike, too. You're going to love it! I can't wait to get back on mine!
 
That is a great bike Jenn!! Easy to step into also! Now that's motivation to get better :bicycle1:
 
Oh yay. I'm excited. We have rental bikes here that are similar to this style that are so nice to ride. Then I rode my mountain bike I bought used and it was so hard. Just the different angle of pedaling left me not as happy. So I'm hoping the comfort style is what I heed.
 
Such great reports Jenn! Sleeping, thinking about the future, your new bike....you have turned a corner :wowspring:I am so happy for you.

That bike looks great - I haven't ridden a bike in so many years that I don't know if I can work up the nerve, but if I do, that is the one I would get. :biking:
 
What a great day for you! A great night's sleep and a new bike! Congratulations all around!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I hope you have another really good night's sleep tonight! Dream of riding that pretty new bike!
 
Not a good sleep night. My ice machine stopped circulating twice. My reflux kept acting up, I eventually had to prop myself on pillows, but had at least 3-4 miserable attacks. No idea what I ate to set them off. Plus general leg malaise. Ugh. Going to be a long day. PT plus bored kids = no naps.
 
Ulk! Sorry to hear about the rough night -- hope you can get through this day, sounds like it will be a marathon. I wish for you some rest today and a good night of sleep tonight. Just when we think the journey is getting easier, I little reminder that we have a long way to go - :censored:
 
Ah, Jenn, sorry you had such a rough night. I hope you are able to somehow get some rest today. Sending (hugs)
 
These nighttime disturbances can really put a damper on things. Hopefully, the kids will let you nap today. You need it.
 
UGH! Some days and nights are just one hour at a time; pffft! Sending down some "Quiet Vibes," for your kids!
 
Ahh, I hope your night is better tonight and you can get some rest! No sleep just sets you up for a difficult day. I love your bike! Dream of your freedom on that bike coming soon!

Walt got me a bike for my birthday last year. It's a crossover for mountain or paved paths. The SECOND time I rode it I crashed it! My handicapped mother was living with us then and I had the bright idea that I would ride the bike up the ramp when I was done. By the time I slowed down enough to make the turn up the ramp I was pretty wobbly. You can imagine the rest.... I have fairly long legs and tall so my bike is pretty high off the ground. I not only fell off my bike but the ramp as well... it wasn't pretty...my face looked like I had been beat up. One ER visit and much $$$ later and I've only been on it one time since. Here's to more bike riding!:cheers:
 
I plan to only bike on the local paved trails and greenways. I have a rack I need to figure out how to use. My neighborhood is too hilly and I'm scared of cars to ride on the roads. I'm way too clumsy myself.

Maybe you'll get back in the saddle once Bealzebub calms down.
 
I went upstairs leg over leg. What? This new knee is so solid. It hurt a bit and I held onto the rail, but I swear, between the pain on righty and the weakness on lefty, I couldnt really tell you which was my "good" leg. So I just used both. Crazy.
 
You did what, Jenn??? You went foot over foot already! Whoohoo! We have a new star among us! You go, girl. You're going to give SusieShoes a run for her title!
 
Wow! Foot over foot at this point is amazing! I hope you have a better night's sleep tonight!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm glad yall understand what a big deal it was. I kept yelling at my husband as he was following behind me - look at me! Look at what I'm doing here! Do you see this??

I think he was just too worried about me to think beyond that.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom