TKR Jennszoo Staged TKR, working on running again

Wishing you luck and strength and Patience!
Your scars look quite ok. Is one longer than the other? If yes, do you know why?
 
It does look like the newer one is longer. No idea why since the left had more extensive work done. Maybe it'll tighten up as it heals.
 
@Jennszoo and @VW54 my left (first knee) incision is longer than my right. The right one required more work as well but shorter by at least an inch! There is explaining these knees!
 
My left incision is slightly longer, but OS said it was because that knee needed more work. Go figure.
 
Even the scars on the knees on the same body are different! Yep, no two knees are alike!
 
Jennszoo, Knee #2 look good! Hope the day was fairly quiet with Hubby at work!
 
Your incision and scar look great!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Your knees look great Jenn. Every new post, you sound better. I am so glad to see that. Keep doing what you are doing.
 
I hope you have a really good day and that things are feeling better!
 
Pretty good day so far. Ilast night, I was trying to stay awake til 11:30 for meds, but dozed off on my side at 11. When my hubs woke me at 11:30, I was in so much pain, it was like he was hooking a hissing, spitting, feral cat up to the ice machine and the DVT pumpers. :kitty:

Woke at 2, shambled to the bathroom myslef, got myself back in bed and slept til 5! Medicated, fell back asleep around 6, family was up at 7, but I kinda dozed til 8. Not bad.

Been sitting in my recliner without my ice cuff on for an hour or so and feeling pretty good. Took 1 percoset. (Vs 1.5) for my doses at 9:30 and 1:30. Hoping to start the gradual weaning process.

Researching kayaks and bikes and dreaming about a return to the gym and exercising one day. Must be feeling better!
 
Jenn, my husband knows your husband's dilemma; to wake or not to wake, lol. It takes a brave man.:heehee:
 
Glad to hear you are having a good day Jenn --- I agree, dreaming of the things you will be doing on your new knees is a sign of progress.
 
That was good sleeping, Jenn! If you find you need your full dose, don't hesitate to go back to it. It's not worth being in pain when you don't have to!
 
That sounds like a success to me, too, Jenn. Just a little improvement is enough of a step, isn't it?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Looking forward is a good sign. Kayaking sounds amazing. I did it once, with Mr. Shoes, and he has vowed he will never kayak with me again. Swears I tried to sacrifice him to a grove of blood-thirsty mangroves. But I enjoyed it, the kayaking, not the sacrificing, and might try solo sometime.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I would have to do it solo. Or with a kid. My husband has no interest.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Jennszoo Staged TKR, working on running again
I bought a bike! Now to get to where I can ride it!
 
Jenn, that's the exact bike I had and I loved it! Great purchase and enjoy!
 
I used to own a Dodge Caravan and pulled out the middle seats so the bike would fit there, no racks required.:yes!:
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom