TKR Jennszoo Staged TKR, working on running again

Oh, and as one who has had 4, major abdominal surgeries, all I can say is that's a joke next to a knee. Next to 2 knees? A mere pimple.
 
Yeah, my hubs had a mancold the week of my surgery. I was not at all an understanding and compassionate wife.

Man cold. Hahahahahaha! We've all been there!


Boss K
LTKR November 4, 2016
RTKR April 17, 2017
 
Yep, I can't wait to see what Oct is like.....my hubby is having a left total knee. Now mind you he has been more than attentive with a only few bleeps along the road. However....he does leak out this little attitude that he won't have the struggles I have. He's a MAN and he can handle it. Time will tell...:rofsign:that was mean wasn't it??
 
Oh, and as one who has had 4, major abdominal surgeries, all I can say is that's a joke next to a knee. Next to 2 knees? A mere pimple.

So. Stinking. True.


Boss K
LTKR November 4, 2016
RTKR April 17, 2017
 
Yep, I can't wait to see what Oct is like.....my hubby is having a left total knee. Now mind you he has been more than attentive with a only few bleeps along the road. However....he does leak out this little attitude that he won't have the struggles I have. He's a MAN and he can handle it. Time will tell...:rofsign:that was mean wasn't it??

He just jinxed himself. Brace yourself, my dear.


Boss K
LTKR November 4, 2016
RTKR April 17, 2017
 
Oh Becky, he really has dug a hole for himself and yes, I AM laughing!:heehee:
 
@Jennszoo ~ we have those nice chairs here also in some theatres, called V.I.P. seats where they give you a menu before the movie starts and then serve food and alcohol to your seats. we've only done that once on a new year's eve when the most recent star wars film came out. i think it's great that you've found a way to get out with your family, even if (in your words lol), it wasn't the smartest thing. you are a fantastic and strong, selfless mom.
 
I love what @Pheebs52 said. Some days are better than others and it helps me immensely to keeps my focus short. We are cheering for you. :yay:
 
@BossK Hernia surgery is nothing! I had my gallbladder out and was feeling great in two weeks. You cannot compare what we have had with most other typea of surgery. Feel free to be grumpy :boohoo:
 
My prior surgery experience was a gallbladder - 1-2 days of feeling bad and back at work after a week, and a cesarean section. That was a rough recovery, bc you also have a newborn who needs you. The worst was my back going out from sleeping in the recliner. But still...I was mostly functional within a couple weeks. This...is definitely an endurance race, not a sprint.
 
Jenn, you will be getting better and better as time goes on! That arthritis pain is gone!
 
Think about activities that are actually achievable right now, not the unachievable. Just look at today, not tomorrow or next week. Get through this day as best you can and *wash, rinse, repeat* for tomorrow. That's all anyone could do under these very trying conditions.

@Pheebs52 - That's great advice for all of us, no matter where we are.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Jennszoo Staged TKR, working on running again

Post op with PA today. Bandage off. Looks better than last leg. I showed off my awesome bend in knee #1. He told me to "keep working hard in PT". Uh, sure. Whatever. He eyeballed me around 90° bend. I still can't straigten well, but Im not worried. Got a refill for 90 more percoset so I can wean meds at my own pace.

Husband went to the office today, so I'm solo with the kids for a few hours. Wish me luck.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom