TKR Jennszoo Staged TKR, working on running again

Good deal with no teds. I didn't have to wear them either! Another reason I loved my OS!
 
Wow! I admire all you ladies that get both knees done so close together! You are my Heroes:flwrysmile: My right knee is going to wait until next year. I am glad everything went well and you look pretty comfy:) Take care of yourself!
 
I had to wear them :( I didn't mind the compression straps except when getting up to pee during the night - unstrapping them, the ice, etc.
I too kept a journal that included my meds, it included everything from day 1 thru 3 months.
I hope you have a restful, drug induced, comfortable night.
 
I also used to write all my meds in a notebook, which meds, when they were due. When I took a dose, I would cross it off, so there was no chance of mistakes.
 
Definitely more burning this time. I'm taking the gabapentin 3x/day vs 2x/day last surgery. And just now, since I just took one, the side of the knee is burning. Like It touched a hot pan or something. Ouch. Each knee has to show us it's different and unique, I guess. Lol
 
I hope that burning stops. It is so uncomfortable.
 
@Cybil62 We need to coordinate and have our second ones done the same time next year too!
Don't forget about me!!! Back to work part time this week and i am getting the impression that if I tell them I want to do #2 before the end of this year they're gonna freak! So next spring is looking more likely than this December (even though I'd save $$ this year, having met my deductible).:censored:
 
Love your picture with your newest knee and your bendy knee. Still jealous of your bendy knee - that is fantastic. Im sure your newest one will do just as well!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I am so impressed with your bendy knee!

When I was first home from the hospital, my hubby would put my meds in snack zip bags and label them with what time I was supposed to take them. I ended up using a clip to keep them all together.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@keefsmom, I may also be joining all of you who are going for another knee next Spring; aaargggh! Hopefully, it won't be needed sooner than that, but....who knows? This one certainly took me by surprise with rapid deterioration; pffft!

@Jennszoo, that burning sensation really rots! Hope the Gabapentin kicks that to the curb ASAP!
 
First Pt - basically my eval for baseline numbers and we did a few easy exercuses. But apparently it was too much. So hurty now.

But....I can do a leg lift (like 2 inches) and a leg kick (extension?) and neither of those were even possible with my dead quad last time til like 2-3w. So that's encouraging. Rom is 14-78 on my own.

I think the patch wore off bc I was nauseous on the way home. Took a zofran, muscle relaxant and percoset and now hoping for a nap.
 
Jenn, sorry to hear you are hurting, but how great to be able to lift and kick that leg so soon! Classic case of good news/bad news I guess. With those meds, you should be on Cloud Nine very soon. Enjoy the zzz's!
 
Isn't it strange how even knees on the same body are different. Get that ice and pain meds going and get that pain down!

I was hoping to get my left knee replaced in October since Medicare is going to have some major changes in '18, I want to get it done this year. But, my foot/ankle might keep me from doing that then. I was hoping to join in the party with you guys!
 
Good numbers for this point. I hope the nausea is under control and you're napping peacefully. :sleep:
 
I dozed a little. Kids, man. So loud. But the zofran helped the nausea. And the knee appreciates the rest and ice.
 
Back
Top Bottom