TKR Jennszoo Staged TKR, working on running again

Take it slow and easy. No falling (from brain fog or something else). Your lefty will figure it out soon and the pain meds should help with both lefty and righty. Don't forget the meds to help with what comes after being on narcotics for a bit!! :)
 
So many meds - percoset, abx, muscle relaxant, colace, aspirin, zofran, gabapentin....

I even bought Sennakot and prunes to stay on top of that other *issue*
 
Welcome to the Two Knees in less than 12 Months Club! I'm on week 11 after my second replacement- mine were 6 months apart. So far so good! You'll be doing so much better experience of your first one. I'm even off to my morning Bootcamp class, something I didn't even dream about with my first knee!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Good morning, I hope your second day at home goes well. Remind me if you have the Q pump or a block that you came home with, I can't remember. You know these next few days starting around day 2 or 3 are the worst but then it starts to get better. Lefty is just still in shock, she will kick in soon and show off her stuff!
 
No Q pump. The surgeon apparently gives a Bolus of meds to keep the nerve block going for 48 hrs, but based on how much pain I had when I woke up, I am not sure it worked so well this time. But I'm still bracing myslef for that awful day 3. Bc I'm feeling way too good right now. Almost eerily good. I'm scared to trust it. Lol.
 
I was on so many meds that I got out my small fishing tackle box and we used it to put in a 24 hour day lol. My sister was with me those first 2 weeks and she didn't trust me with the bottles and fog brain. That was a nightly ritual, setting up the pill box and our iPhone alarms! Stay ahead of the pain. Easier to do that than to try and play catch up.

Found it from my Jan. 7 post. :)
[Bonesmart.org] Jennszoo Staged TKR, working on running again
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh @Jennszoo I know that feeling of knowing what coming! The good thing about doing it the way we have is we know after that "Then Comes The Morning" to quote some words of my favorite Easter song. Because we have done it and done it recently it helped me to think, oh yah, I know that new or strange pain and it's normal! We all are still cheering you on!
 
I just keep a journal for when I take meds so I can look back and how many hours it's been. My knee reminds me at the 3.5 hr mark it's time to take the percoset. So I don't need alarms yet.
 
Congratulations on your newest knee! It sounds like you are on schedule for a really good recovery!
My pain alarm is every 3 hrs so you are doing great! I am trying to cut down the amount I take between the pain alarm! I know you will do well!
Keep up the good work and stay strong!
 
That's a really great bend you got going! Really like your nest, too. So cheery!
 
Jenn, glad it went smoothly. I wasn't online yesterday, so welcome to the other side! The bend on lefty looks great and I know you will be able to depend on it more and more as the days go on. Prayers going your way for an easy day today.
 
I left my nest in my office so I could nest in the living room and passively supervise kids. Who btw have been amazing so far (knock wood) since my husband left to go do a phone job interview in his car bc this house isn't quiet.
 
This is a great report for Day One at home Jenn! Literally, LOL at the idea of going to rehab just for a nap. Earplugs aren't a bad idea.:smile2:
 
You're on the other side...yay, no more dreaded knee replacements. I'm glad the kids have been amazing, taking after their mother!! Earplugs are a must here trying to sleep with a snorer next to me [emoji16]. You're very brave in my opinion being an outpatient, I couldn't do it. I hope the knee behaves and the pain can be controlled x


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Do you not have to wear TED hose or compression straps on your shins? Lucky girl. Keep up those ankle pumps. The lefty bend looks fabulous!!!
 
@Jennszoo, do you need to borrow a pair of the dreaded TEDS? Just look at you with that naked leg, lol!
 
No Ted hose, but I do have the DVT pumpers I wear at night. I don't wear them when I'm in the recliner bc I'm moving my legs around a lot. Ankle pumps, getting up every hour or two.

My ice machine is a Breg Polar Cube that I got used off ebay. Love it.
 
Thanks! I may try the Breg next time. I have a Ossur Cold Rush and have not been happy with it.
 
Back
Top Bottom