TKR Jennszoo Staged TKR, working on running again

Wait....*sitting on the FLOOR sorting laundry?* Did I read that right? Yikes, I can't even imagine doing that. Huge kudos to you! So happy to hear your hubs is home!:happydance:
 
I have a system, the laundry room is at the top of our stairs, so I can easily get back up by putting my legs down the first few stairs and pulling myself up. I do cut fabric on the Downstairs floor and thats a much more difficult challenge to get up.
 
It sounds like you have lots of fun filled events coming up. Enjoy!! You are doing amazing!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Aha, now I understand! Good upper body strength really helps with this recovery in so many ways. Still, just the sitting on the floor part is mind-boggling to me right now; brava!
 
yep, I've only gotten on the floor a few times and thats only when I have a low couch or something behind me that I can basically do a tricep dip on to help me get up. One day I'll try that roll over type of getting up, but I don't really trust my natural knee and I think my bionic knee wouldn't like it yet. :)

You're doing great and will feel so much better going into that 2nd surgery!!
 
Can you FaceTime me when you see Hamilton????? Thinking about getting tickets for August but maybe I won't have to!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I just dropped my son off at his first special needs sleep away camp. He has Autism, cognitive delays and mood disorder/bipolar (meltdowns). I'm a nervous wreck. It could go well (when he's good, he's amazing) which describes him 85-90% of the time. But that 10-15%...ugh. Exhale. He's in good hands. The camp comes highly recommended. But I'm still nervous!

To make this BS relevant, the 2+ hr drive there was barely noticed by my knees. What a difference from the FL drive a few weeks ago. Hopefully it stays happy for the 2 hr drive home.
 
Of course you're nervous, you're his Mom! Deep breaths are recommended as you take that 2 hour drive home! Just think, he may have the time of his life and make wonderful memories that last a lifetime. Hopefully, you have some ice and elevation on your agenda tonight? Safe trip!
 
He is going to have the best time and you will soon rest easier!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm sure the camp is staffed with experts and he'll have a great time! Camp is the best!
 
I look forward to reading about the fun your son had at camp. I am thrilled your husband is back home. :happydance:
 
He is going to have a blast!! Even if he does have a 'bad day' as you said they're experienced.
That's fab news about the long drive with the knee!!
 
Knee starting getting achy around the last hour. We stopped for dinner, did too much walking so I was icing and took tylenol before bed. But the fact that my knee did most of the 5ish hours in the car ok gives me confidence going into tomorrow's 2 hr flight.

Thanks for the support about my son. No news is good news so far. I may or may not be stalking the camps FB page for pics. :heehee:
 
Go for the photos on FB! It will be uplifting for you. Good luck on your flight. Tell us all about it when you can.
 
have a good comfortable flight there and back and a super time. your son is in good hands ~ hope you can relax a little and keep contact with your son's activities on f.b.
 
Wish I could be there working your flight! I'd make sure you were comfortable and taken care of [emoji4][emoji574]️


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I've requested the wheelchair assist through the airport bc atlanta is huge! I am nervous about how that will go with my carryon bags and my 2 girls. I can walk down the jetway and onto the plane, but mainly I needed help avoiding all the walking getting to the gate. I've got 2 ziplock bags for ice on the plane. My cane. I'm ready as I can be.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom