TKR Jennszoo Staged TKR, working on running again

@Jennszoo, I'm so impressed that you were even willing to make this trip; brava! I know you won't try to see ALL the things in Chicago. You and your knees will want to save some stuff for next year, right? Yep, there's always another trip down the road apiece. Wishing you a safe and comfortable trip home!

Great news on your son's camping experience; whoohoo! :happydance:
 
Glad you survived day 2! So glad you had the time with the girls and your son enjoying camp. Safe travels tomorrow, elevate and ice as you can!
 
It's good to read about your travel.
So happy for you too. Making good memories with your girls.:smile2:
 
You have made memories for a lifetime! And great about your son doing good at camp!
 
Got home to VM confirming my surgery time (7am, first up. Yay) and pre-op call from anesthesia. It's becoming real. I don't want to do this. I knew this would be the hardest part of the whole process before I even started - getting to a point of recovery and then starting all over again. I look around at all my post-op stuff - shower bench, DVT pumpers, Walker and I want to cry bc I don't want to do it again. I don't want to.

But the state of my knee after even the most minimal walking around chicago this week is a reminder that not doing it isn't an option either.

person. Going to cram a summer's worth of fun into the next 5 days.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Jennszoo Staged TKR, working on running again

And on a happier note, here's as pic of my girls with Ari Asfar, who played Eliza after the show. (Alexander Hamilton's wife, for those who aren't Ham-obsessed like us. Lol). Memories indeed. They are still on cloud 9.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Jennszoo Staged TKR, working on running again
    upload_2017-6-22_22-58-25.png
    71.7 KB · Views: 123
Last edited by a moderator:
Your girls are beautiful! Enjoy your 5 days. Then, once this upcoming surgery is over, that will be it, and you will be on the up and up! Then it will get better and better!
 
isn't that wonderful for your girls. i would love to see the play ~ hope it comes to t.o. my sister and my niece met the dogs that played "toto" in "the wizard of oz" theatre production, as they were being walked outside.
 
What a great trip and terrific memories for your girls!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Beautiful daughters! You want to have that second surgery for the same reason I did (and everyone else that has to have two). During my left rehab the right knee hurt worse. Sure I had that post op pain, stiffness and all that went with in but the right knee reminded me every step I took that it was never going to be okay without surgery. Hang on to that @Jennszoo. It's tough but you are tougher! Just think when this is all over how awesome it will be with two good knees!!! Enjoy your 5 days but don't get too exhausted, lol. You've got this!:loveshwr:
 
Awesome trip! I will be doing my other knee at some point and I completely understand where are coming from. I keep reminding myself that the new knee will continue to get better while the others will continue to go the other way. A year from now we will be happy we made the choices we made (will make for me).
 
Oh dear! I can well imagine how hard it must be for you right now as you face your next surgery. :unsure:All I can offer across the miles and ether is sympathetic hugs and good wishes that all goes well and recovery is good and steady. :console2:
 
My boy is home! He had the best time. My husband got him and he's been on a work call since I got home, so I haven't been able to debrief him on the dirty details. I understand there were meltdowns, but no one called us. And to hear Ben tell it, it was the best time ever.

Leg is a bit swollen today from the week's adventures, but it feels stronger. I'm not buckling/locking up at all anymore. She knows she's about to have to take over.

Confirmed w the surgery center that knee #2 is indeed 100% covered. Yay.

One point of stress - my sons been coughing a bit. I hope he didn't come home with camp plague and gets me sick! I remember I was pounding EmergenC & Vit D leading up to my last surgery. I think I need to start that again.

Tonight - a lazy day with all 5 of us home(!!!) Tomorrow, start cleaning this messy house up and setting up my recovery nests.
 
@Jennszoo, your recent trip with your beautiful daughters will provide a lifetime of great memories for all. It was worth a bit of knee pain and swelling!

I knew your son would rock camp! Meltdowns aside, he had a blast and that's what matters.:-)
Facing your next surgery requires true grit, something I suspect you have in droves.:yes!: Yeah, you do, I can see it from here. In some ways, I think the waiting is worse than the reality. Knowing what you know now has to be a plus in many ways. Just think, after this, NEVER AGAIN! You'll be home-free!:flwrysmile:
 
Love that pic of your girls... those hats are epic! And double yay for the camp report!!

I'm sure the thought of another surgery is awful so soon. But the second time around is easier in some ways... a sense of expectations, knowing what's normal, less worry. And it will all be history soon enough!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
So glad your son enjoyed his camp!
If he had meltdowns, the people there would have been trained in how to deal with it. Enjoy some time with your family now.
 
Just went grocery shopping for the first time in forever. All by myslef. I even left the cane at home. All that walking in Chicago must have given me the confidence. My knee only buckled once - and that was the right one! While I'm sad that I won't be shopping next week, it's encouraging at how much of a corner I've turned at this 2 month point.
 
I loved that shopping on my own! Your son had a great time and so did you and your girls. It's all good!
 
Celebrations all around! Terrific that camp went well, and great news about going shopping on your own!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Great job on shopping alone! Sounds like a great trip with your darling girls and it sounds like your son had an awesome time as well. Lots of good stuff. You've got this. You will do wonderfully on the next knee like you've done on this one!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Back
Top Bottom