Guest viewing is limited

TKR Jennszoo Staged TKR, working on running again

Wow, @Jennszoo, congratulations on being able to give up the narcotics and still manage such a good sleep! Sending you best wishes and strength to deal with all you'll need to do while hubby is away. I know how much you'll miss that tuck -in. Even after 43 years, I miss sleeping with mine and he feels the same way, but....it's just impossible right now. Better days are coming.:loveshwr:
 
Yay for sleep!!! A gift before your husband's trip!

I know you will handle his absence just fine. It will be a long 8 days, but you've been very independent already. And something tells me your kids know they need keep it together for the next week!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
You will do fine in your husband's absence. You have a good head on your shoulder's and know what to do. And you are not lazy because you're not doing the aggressive pt. You are being very smart! It is your job to heal!
 
KarriB that is a great idea!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
i have no doubt you will do just fine and great suggestion from KarriB to give each child a job. ask for help from a neighbour, friend or relative if you run into a situation where you need it. hope your hubby sends you lots of pics from new zealand ~ wowza, what a trip that will be.:horseriding:
 
That's a great idea to give the kids jobs to help out! I hope the time goes smoothly for you!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Good luck with your husband being gone. I'm sure you will do great. You have persevered so great through this recovery so far!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
[Bonesmart.org] Jennszoo Staged TKR, working on running again
During my recovery, our family has gotten obsessed with the TV show American Ninja Warrior. Found a gym nearby and took the kids on this rainy day to Open Gym to wear them out.

Man, I wanted to play so badly! I wonder when in this year-long recovery I can attempt the Warped Wall or the Jumping Spider obstacles. :rotfl:

But seriously, it was great. My youngest is a natural athlete/gymnast and I knew she'd love it. My middle is not athletic but her mastery of several obstacles boosted her confidence. And my oldest (autistic & with hypotonia/motor apraxia) did so well having patience and working w the coaches. I need to find the $$ to get them all in a class.
 
How fun! We love that show as well! What a great experience for your kids!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
That sounds awesome!!! Great way to spend a Sunday!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Just think that one day you will be able to do those things!
 
The rain stopped and the kids begged for pool time. I went bc I wanted to try swimming real laps (w my legs suspended on the noodle). Man, after 2 laps, my arms were screaming. I was regularly doing 16 laps (400m) before surgery. I made it 8 with lots of breaks. Sad how quickly fitness can decline. But I'll do what I can in the month I have before I start it all over again. (Ugh)
 
Paula is right, your body is sending so much energy to your knee there isn't much left over for swimming. :gaah:but it will get better. Some day the knee won't be so greedy. Looks like your kids had a great time at the gym. My grandkids would love a place like that.
 
Thank you for that link. I read it before surgery but it's a different read when you're in the thick of it. So true. I feel like I should be so much further along; but yeah. Not so much.
 
I'm right there with you on the energy drain. My hubs even noticed my right calf has atrophied. :( Spending the summer getting my leg strength back!!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
So if bend is good but strength is lagging (at almost 7w, I'm still struggling to do short arc kicks and lift the leg and I still have buckling/locking when I walk that makes me feel very unstable) but it's too early for targeted weight training, what should I be doing with this leg? I'm canceling tomorrow's PT bc I know they'll put me on the weights and I learned my knee isn't ready for that. But I have three weeks til the next surgery and clearly my quad is still weak. I can't walk for distance yet, walking around a small store is about it. I'm up and doing my ADLs, stairs a few times a day. Are there any exercises that can help me at this point without overdoing it or just keep increasing my general activity levels a little each week?
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom