TKR Jennszoo Staged TKR, working on running again

Yeah, my pool is going to be cold, so my main goal is to just soak both legs in the nice cool water. I don't foresee doing much swimming.
 
Took kids to the pool. Mostly just sat in the water and relaxed. Did a few leg extensions. It felt great. Now icing and elevating bc we have a bbq to go to tonight.
 
I remember how good the pool felt after my PKR. The weightlessness... being able to stretch and move so easily. I heard that I won't be able to get in the pool for 3 months because I have staples this time [emoji24]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Great day today. Minimal pain. I was able to help pack for our trip to FL tomorrow and take the kids to Five Below for a bit of fun shopping. No real pain at the end of the day. Yay.

Tomorrow scares me. 7-8hrs in the car and my kids have been so out of sorts since school let out. My autistic teen is on the edge of a meltdown all the time, my 9yo appears to be kicking into the hormones bc she's moody as heck and my middle one has always been my most challenging kid w her anxiety and bossiness. It's made for a tough couple of days trying to manage them. Now why did I think it was a good idea to throw all that and my bad knee into a rolling tin can for most of a day? Send all the good thoughts you can muster. Lol.
 
Good luck with your trip Jenn! Hope you guys have a great time and I hope your knee behaves!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh my, well that gives me some specific things to pray about! You might just have to take it minute by minute. Look for the good things that happen. That advice comes from my remembering days and trips like that. We have four daughters all pretty close in age. (They are all grown now with babies of their own). Lots of hormones going around. Have a great time. Another bit of advice. When you get in the water make sure you don't overdo. In the pool yesterday it felt so good and no pain but had a pretty uncomfortable night so be careful! Enjoy your trip!
 
Jen, I too will be praying for you and your trip and for your kids to be calm. Stopping every hour or so and walking around will be good for all of you.
 
Jen, wishing you a fun trip; you deserve it! Get out of the car once an hour or so and walk/stretch a bit. Crossing all digits the kids are well-behaved!
 
Good luck today!!! Hopefully the destination will make it all worth it!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
[Bonesmart.org] Jennszoo Staged TKR, working on running again
First two hours up front. Next leg, I squeezed my big butt & non bendy knee into the back row. But now I'm iced and propped.
 
wow, jennszoo ~ that looks like a cozy set-up. maybe you'll even be able to fall asleep! hoping the kids will be able to entertain themselves for most of the road trip, especially having something fun to look forward to. have a super time and be cautious with your knee.
 
Great photo Jennszoo and it actually looks comfy!
 
Made it to Orlando. 8 hr trip with stops. Not too bad with my set up. Biggest issue was ziplock kept leaking. Note to self: double bag.

Hobbled to the pool. I tried this trick of resting my legs on a pool noodle and swimming laps with just my arms. It's a tiny pool, but it feels so good to actually exert myself. I enjoyed my mini 5 min workout. And no knee pain.

Been back in the room icing & elevating for a couple hrs now. Day 1: survived.

And the kids were great. Thanks for the prayers! Only one near meltdown from my so and the girls were angels, bc they weren't next to each other the whole drive since I sat in the back with my youngest.
 
ahhh that's great Jennszoo. enjoy your vacation and family time.
 
Congratulations on getting there without too much pain. And for the most part kids behaving.
Hope you have a relaxing vacation.
 
Enjoy your vacation! I swim laps mornings for 40 minutes. I am already feeling sad knowing I will be out of the water for awhile!!!! 2 more weeks, I will appreciate the swimming each day!!!! Must feel wonderful to get back in!!! Enjoy and thanks for posting your journey!
 
Jennifer, it looks like you had a pretty good setup in the car. I have about 7 weeks until a very long car trip and I am very encouraged when I see someone do it successfully. Enjoy the rest of your trip and don't join the ODIC! :flwrysmile:
 
Jennszoo, congratulations! I'm so glad you made it none the worse for the wear and were able to enjoy some pool time; huzzah!:yay:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom