TKR Jennszoo Staged TKR, working on running again

You've got a good thing going there with the pool noodles! Now, that was smart and will give a lot of other water lovers a good hint on getting back to swimming without hurting the new knee! I'm so glad the traveling wasn't bad. You had that set up well, too. Continue to enjoy your vacation!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Jennszoo Staged TKR, working on running again

We went to eat lunch at our favorite Disney World restaurant - Sanaa at Animal Kingdom Lodge. I had to get an I'm Celebrating button, because why not? It's Disney.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
great photo ~ you are so darn cute and i love your button. still so impressed with your recovery!:wow:
 
You deserve the button for sure! Maybe you can get a few and hand them out to anyone you know that gets a knee replaced. :heehee:
 
Jennszoo, your button rocks! And, you wear it well. You look like you're in "The Happiest Place", on earth and you deserve it!:loll:
 
Disney with a new knee is intimidating! We are talking about going in September. I'll need some tips!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
We aren't visiting any parks this trip. We're at our time share just outside of Disney, but went to our favorite restaurant on property. We're going to attempt the parks this time next year. I should be mostly healed by then. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for the nice comments. :roseshwr:
 
Love your button and love the pool noodle idea which I will be stealing :). I think it's brave and great you are on a family vacation so soon. Continue to enjoy your fun family time (and hopefully a little down time too!)
 
Still on vacation. Rented the scooter to shop at disney springs yesterday. Much more pleasant than trying to walk. Today, spent time at the pool with fiends. His father had TKR and this friend kept asking me if I'm keeping up with my exercises. Even after explaining multiple times that pushing it doesn't help it heal faster, how I had a two day painful setback after pushing too hard, that patience & time are the key, he kept telling me I "have to do the exercuses!" Sigh. I'm so glad I have this place for a sanity check.

Heading home tomorrow. Then the husband leaves for New Zealand for 8 days on Sat. That should be fun. I've gotten used to his help with all the heavy lifting since surgery. Just the kids and I. Eek.
 
When you encounter someone who insists that you have to keep doing the exercises, don't bother trying to convince them otherwise. Just nod and say "OK" and move on to another topic. They're well-meaning, but it's your knee and you're in charge of its recovery.
 
Jennszoo, I'm actually glad to hear you are not visiting the parks because that seemed rather daunting and I pictured you overdoing. This vacation sounds much more relaxing and like just what you needed.:SUNsmile:

I must agree with Celle about trying to *explain* to others....don't bother. Just yes them and change the subject. They mean well but are clueless and explaining is useless.
 
Sounds like a great vacation and I love that button! I hope you have safe travels home!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
At first I tried to explain why I wasn't taking therapy, but quickly got tired of that. I started just smiling and nodding my head, and making a face like it was real rough. That satisfied them.
 
@Jennszoo, Both of my in laws have had their knees replaced so whenever my husband spoke to them they would ask " is Debby doing her excercises?" It got very old, very soon. I just told them I was , it wasn't worth the argument.



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I agree with all of the above, a smile and a node, or a quick yes, or a "I'm doing what I am supposed to" will usually stop the questions. They don't need to know that "what I am supposed to" didn't necessarily come from the PT. :heehee:
 
Yes I have a few apparently 'wise' people telling me I need to push myself through my exercises and that it does hurt but it's worth it. My reply has been 'but why would I want to make the knee angry with heat and inflammation by pushing through with pain and causing extra stiffness?' A few of said but that's the way it's done.. aghhh no that's in the dark ages!!
Now I just smile sweetly and under my breath say you 'have no idea..this is my body!'


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Yeah, I basically gave up and nodded and smiled the rest of the visit. I just don't like the implication that im lazy. Ugh.

9 hrs to get home yesterday bc of traffic. Knee did great considering. And then last night I skipped my 1/2 percoset and had no cold sweats and slept ok til I woke with achy pain at 6am. Took tylenol, added a fresh ice pack and went back to sleep til 8:30!! Woah kids. They never let me sleep that long! So I'm off narcotics til surgery #2!

Today my husband left for New Zealand. So I have a week of doing all the things he's been doing, like setting up my ice machine, dishes, trash, etc. He did stock me with groceries before he left. I'll miss his nightly tuck in. He's been such a great caregiver these past 6w. :roseshwr:

Let's hope the kids behave. :fingersx:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom