TKR Jennszoo Staged TKR, working on running again

Bless your heart! You don't look to be that swollen and that's a good thing! What about now? Did it puff up?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Not terribly swollen visibly from the outside, but it felt super tight and hot on the drive home.
 
Oh yeah, that's a sign it's not happy with you. It must be pretty swollen on the inside. Elevation and ice will help that. But, don't be surprised if it takes a few days to calm back down. What you have been doing so early in your recovery would have put me down and out for a week, probably!
 
You are making me hopeful that I can make it to my son's preschool graduation on June 9!! Bet I'm the only preK mom with a fake knee, haha!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Yup. Everyone in my peer group tells me that their grandma or their dad had TKR. I feel like such a trail blazer. Lol.
 
Yeah. So today wasn't nearly as short as I was hoping. Gah. They were running 2 hrs behind schedule. My knee is toast. But my Special Olympian won a gold, a silver & a 4th place ribbon. He used to get so upset when he didn't earn a medal, he refused to wear the ribbons. But today he wore them all proudly. Progress!!


One more day of obligation, but thankfully tomorrow is only a lunch out and a 30 min gymnastics performance. Both 5-10 mins away. And several hours apart. Then Monday - nothing. Sweet cinnamon roll, this week has been exhausting.
 
congratulations to your son ~ proud moments to be cherished. i'm sure you're looking forward to monday. enjoy the gymnastics, and the sweet cinnamon roll. you deserve a good rest.
 
Congrats to your son!! Way to go!
You've earned some rest... no, you've earned A LOT of rest!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Your son has accomplished so much in the pool and out!! You must be very proud.
I run an All Abilities Basketball Club, the best part of the job is seeing the players get over their fears and are so proud when they accomplish something they haven't done before. Love the beaming smiles, it's why I became a teacher too.
Does that mean he will be competing at the Olympics???
My peer group keep telling me about their parents having TKR's too and how they have got through them so easily. We're trailblazers haha.
You have accomplished so much this week too. Rest is your medal x


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Jennszoo, Congratulations to your son. You must be so proud.
Enjoy your lunch but relax after!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@zakmick i think they have a next level Special Olympics (it's for individuals with intellectual disabilities), I've heard of folks going to regional or national competitions. But for us the state games are enough. As you can see, it's 2 long exhausting days! But they have different events year round. One year he did roller skating in the Winter Games. I'd love for him to try Kayaking or Equestrian for the Fall Games.
 
Special Olympics are a wonderful experience for so many children. I'm glad your son was able to participate and enjoy success.
Hopefully next week you'll be able to rest that knee better!
 
Congrats to your son! Hope you are getting some rest now! :)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
My kids were behaving awfully today so we cancelled the 2pm lunch event. Felt bad for my nephew; who's Bday we were honoring. But man, sometimes ya gotta follow through w consequences.

The plus is that I've essentially done nothing but ice and elevate all day. Just have ny youngest' gymnastics performance at 6, but that's usually quick (30-45 mins) and only 5 mins away.
 
I hate when I have to follow through on threats! "If you don't start behaving, we are leaving!"
And then... you actually have to leave! Grrrrrr......


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Final Pt today before OS f/u on Friday so they got all my official measurements. 0/125 unassisted. She pushed just a bit to 130 and -3. Quad weakness is still my lingering issue - leg raises are still a struggle. But she's happy with my progress. I feel like mentally I'm beginning to shift from recovering from knee A to preparing for knee B now that I'm hitting the "halfway point" tomorrow - 5 weeks from the first surgery, 5 weeks til the next.

I'm off Pt next week for a trip to FL that may or may not happen. My husband may be sent to New Zealand. :flabber:

Then I'll do 2-3 more visits in June to keep working on strength and balance before my next TKR. Whew. I'm feeling good but starting to have anxiety about losing the ability to drive again and this time for a much longer stretch. With 3 kids and a husband with a demanding job, there's not a lot of folks to help take care of me. I do the taking care of. :heehee: But we'll manage.

Can an admin chg my title to "halfway between knees"? Thx.
 
Sounds like a great final visit (for now) with PT! Your ROM is fantastic - you are definitely ahead of the bar. Hoping you get to go to FL. I do dread my R replacement for the driving issue alone.
 
You are doing so great Jen! So envious of your ROM! I'm sure the quad weakness will get better soon. You might be surprised on driving after the second knee. Maybe you won't have the same quad issue with that knee since they say all knees are different. Keep up the great work and take care of yourself!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Wow! That's great ROM. I'm jealous. 9 weeks and my last measurement was 113. I admire all of you who go forward and have another one done so quickly. I'm not planning on having my second one until next year sometime.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom