TKR Jennszoo Staged TKR, working on running again

I loved seeing all the smiles! And look at you sitting with your knee bent! Wow, even after a busy day, you're doing great. Now, is the time to lay back and take care of your baby knee!
 
It's too bad those electric carts don't have a way to elevate your leg. When I used one at Costco my leg was swollen and sore from being down too long.
 
You are right. I used a motorized cart at Walmart for about 15 minutes and blew up like a balloon. My friend saw it and had a fit. She got me home as soon as possible and set me up with the ice machine. It was nice being taken care of for a change!
 
Love the pictures Jen! Enjoy your icing and elevating girl!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Jen, on your beach trip in September, try to keep your walks in the soft sand minimal. Walk down once and back once on your first day to test out the pain level and the knee. If trips back and forth are necessary send someone else. So just feel it out and see how it goes.
 
Sand waking is tough on knees in general. It was during a beach trip tha my right knee gave up the ghost entirely. So I was very cautious on my next trip.
 
Loved the pics of you and your son ~ great smiles. You are doing amazing.
 
Got a massage today. She worked my lower leg muscles, shin/ankles. Then focused on my hip/quads/lower back. She was very gentle w moving and propping and supporting my knee. Felt great to get a little TLC and release some of the knots & tension.
 
I like the massage idea. I have this one spot on my knee that I would love gently massaged. I may look into that too!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Loved the pictures! I'm glad you made it through your busy week. A massage sounds heavenly.
 
Oh tomorrow is the worst of the days. But I'll have my scooter and lots of Tylenol
 
Hi @Jennszoo! I just caught up on your journey. I have some events for my 5 yr old that I hope to attend soon, so I'm following your outings with interest! Sounds like you are doing great!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
today was the day I've been dreading since I booked my surgery. Swim prelims for the special olympics. Basically,it's all day. Wait for hours on uncomfortable concrete bleachers for my son to swim his 3 events. He has autism and doesn't mamage long waits well. It also involved an hr drive each way, and a parking deck that's a a haul from the pool. Left at 9:30a and just got home at 7:30p.

I used the rental scooter to get from the parking deck to the pool - that worked great. I brought those disposable ice packs - not so great. I got maybe 10-15 mins of cold. But someone reminded me there was a med station there for the athletes, so I got some ice in a ziplock. Much better. I elevated on a rolled up towel - unsatisfactory. By the last few hours, no position was comfortable. My son was amazing and patient and had zero meltdowns!

But it's over and I'm in my recliner with ice on top & bottom of my knee. Tomorrow should only be about 4 hrs and my husband will be along to drive and my daughters will be there to run errands and help keep up with their brother.

Insanity week is almost over!!!
 
I continue to be amazed at what you accomplish each day. Hope you will have some time to take it easy.
 
You've got through this long week amazingly well, Jenn.

Try to give yourself and your knee a well-earned rest this weekend.
 
Can you travel in the back seat to keep your leg propped up for the drive? That would be 2 hours it isn't down.
 
You made it through! Now, you will need at least a few days to recoup from all this action you've been doing. You are quite a woman and one to be admired. Do the best you can to be good to yourself now and as long as possible.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Jennszoo Staged TKR, working on running again

And since my helper monkeys are coming along, I'll have extra hands to bring my pillows to prop during the meet.

This was my desperate attempt to get comfortable on the bleachers. Laying on top of my rolling suitcase with my pathetic ice pack and a towel rolled under my knee. By hour 7, I had no shame anymore. Or any desire to look like a grown up. Lol
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom