TKR Jennszoo Staged TKR, working on running again

you're doing great jennszoo; happy for you. i have 2 questions: 1. what strength tylenol do you take and how often; 2. do you still use the raised toilet seat or are you back to using the regular seat? continued good health to you.
 
I take 2 500mg tylenols 3x/day. Then 1 percoset at 10p (5/325) and 1.5 when I wake up at 2/3am.

I use a portable commode seat over my toilet, so it may not be a full raised toilet, but a couple inches. And yes, I'm still using it.
 
Awesome work! Congratulations on the ROM! I wish I was at that! You are coming on in leaps and bounds! Good job!
 
Quad is def waking up. I was able to do a great straight leg lift this am. No pain, lifted about a foot. Just now (5pm) my daughter asked to see if I could do it. NOPE. The kneecap hurt real bad while I was trying. I'm assuming that's all normal - the kneecap pain when doing a lift? I mean, normal in that nothing is askew, just a tired knee from walking and ADLs all day. I am certainly not pushing and doing anymore lifts.
 
Yes, it is normal. Everything inside your knee is still very angry and a newborn! At least you lifted your leg about a foot this morning! All that walking you did has angered your knee this evening, that why it hurt. Don't worry. If you did it once, you'll do it again! You know what to do! Ice and elevate and let you kids help out!
 
Good news about the quads, Jenn. Now you can do the straight leg lift, you don't have to keep doing it. Once a day is enough this week, then you could probably cut it out.
 
Yes pain across the incision is very common while doing straight leg lifts. I can do them okay so I no longer even try because they still hurt when I do.
 
Also I appear to be entering the sensitive skin stage. Omg. It's so tender to the touch. And the incision is a bit burny feeling. I'm hoping this is also normal and not a sign of infection. Nothing is red, and it's not any hotter or more swollen than normal. Just so sensitive. I've had my cuff on almost nonstop for 3 weeks, but even the cuff (with a soft towel underneath) is hard to manage.
 
My incision area is also very sore. I try to massage around it lightly and that helps a bit.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm at 7 weeks. Mine went through that super sensitive stage. I also had at the top of my incision what felt like bee stings. The bee sting feeling just lasted for about a day. The super sensitive incision feeling lasted for awhile. You can try and desensitize it by pulling a wash cloth or some fabric lightly over the top of the incision. That does eventually go away. Now it's just sore if I press on it.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Skin burning is normal. Mine got so bad, even the sheet hurt. It didn't last that long, but it does happen. Probably before long you might experience what is known as zingers. It feels like electric shocks going through your knee. My OS says it's the nerves reattaching. I'm still getting minor ones where my knee is still numb on the bottom right. Don't let any of these pains and burning sensations scare you. It's nothing unusual to have new and strange pains with this recovery. Believe me, this site was a God-send to me going through all these different pains. Stay here with us, and we'll help you the best we can!
 
Also I appear to be entering the sensitive skin stage. Omg. It's so tender to the touch. And the incision is a bit burny feeling. I'm hoping this is also normal and not a sign of infection. Nothing is red, and it's not any hotter or more swollen than normal. Just so sensitive. I've had my cuff on almost nonstop for 3 weeks, but even the cuff (with a soft towel underneath) is hard to manage.

I was a little later getting sensitive, it's really only been the last couple of weeks. Sometimes whatever I have on bothers me, and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes, like sistersinhim, even my sheet hurts. I have seen so many mention the problem that I am trying to just get through it. I have started some scar gel on my incision. I don't know if that will help with the sensitivity, but it will be nice if it does.
 
Actually this last week I've noticed certain clothes irritate my knee more than others and I've been getting a burning sensation too.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last night I woke at 1:30, it was too early to take meds (took a percoset at 10:30) so I went back to sleep. Woke at 5! It was too late to take the percoset bc I'm driving my son to school, so I just threw some ice on. I felt no worse than the nights where I took a narcotic at 2/3am. So I guess, yay? Progress. Tylenol on board and heading out to drop my son and do PT afterwards. First day of doing both of those. Luckily once they're done, I can rest/nap all afternoon.
 
I'd say sleeping through to 5:00 with no repercussions is a progress. How great to have the rest of the day to rest!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom