THR JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is good news @beachgal! Makes me realize I still need time to get better. Sorry about the unfortunate cruisers -when we get the time and money to travel the health is not the best.:boohoo:
But you did so well you must be grinning like a Chesire cat.
 
I'm struck how many life lessons get hurled at me now. Maybe I'm just tuned in and want to take care of myself and this amazing hip particularly when I'm out of the U.S. So many of the other cruisers had mobility issues. I am a little surprised that some of them were adventurous enough to tackle a strenuous trip as this for fourteen days. I kept band-aids and bottled water with me every day as I never knew when someone would need it. I was more than thankful it wasn't me!

Here are a couple of pics I snapped on one of our steepest inclines on cobblestones. This was along the side of a castle we visited where lots of passengers stayed behind.

[Bonesmart.org] JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!
[Bonesmart.org] JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!


I took these two especially for this forum to be an encouragement for those who cannot imagine the climb.
It can be done!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
the pictures are awesome and yes! They are super encouraging. Glad you had a nice time and stayed on your feet! I have heard this many times from friends and clients.. how someone takes a bad fall while on vacation. Horrible..
 
Hi Cricket! So, are you getting excited?! :ok: You are so much more prepared than I was on my surgery day, because I didn't even know about this marvelous forum....and I did great....and so will you!
 
Love your pictures - unfortunately our house is on a hill so our pathway to front door is very similar to your holiday pathway - hence my caution about leaving the house too soon. Hope you really enjoyed that much deserved holiday break.
 
@Bfam85
Hi! Yes, I am ready, not sure I would say excited, though.. but and am having a week full of discomfort so that helps keep me focused on the finish line.
or surgical line, haha
I have read and pored over everybody's recovery threads and the Library of information.. it has helped so much.
 
Hi @beachgal! Just doing some catching up and saw your photos. It looks like you had a wonderful time and you are truly an inspiration for all of us hippies! You have proven there is life after THR! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
 
:flwrysmile:Hello again @beachgal.....just checking in to see how you and your new hip are doing....today is my 10 month anniversary since my replacement. I am still recovering, but will continue to stay strong and determined. Have a blessed day !
 
I actually woke up this morning thinking of @beachgal, too!
I think of you daily as I pull only wonderful skorts. I hope the fall weather stays nice enough to continue wearing them at least another week or three. :heehee:
I bet beachgal is busy loving life. :loveshwr:
 
I'll bet she is too, @CricketHip! I have to admit, I miss your upbeat, positive and enlightening posts @beachgal! I hope life is still treating you well.
 
Good morning, girlfriends! I am at the beach with my three sisters. The last time we were here was June, 2014, about a month before my THR. My, how different this trip is! I'm marching through sand, sitting in a low beach chair, and tackling waves in the Gulf.

I've been so busy at work with deadlines looming around 10/15. In the few minutes of free time I have at lunch, I've been reading on BS about more amazing recoveries. I'm so tickled for everyone's triumphs and know that it is the key to a better life!

So, today I send you greetings and love from the four of us with an invitation to join us when you're ready!
[Bonesmart.org] JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!

[Bonesmart.org] JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
How wonderful your life is now, except for your approaching deadlines. Thank you so much for the hope and inspiration you have given us all. Enjoy the rest of your vacation!
 
A few interesting developments since I returned home from the beach trip. Hubby had an MRI before I left to help find out the source of pain in his left shoulder. We met with his OS yesterday to find out that he has a torn tendon that needs to be repaired asap. So it's scheduled for 11/2. Meanwhile, hubby has already started the "gloom and doom" scenario we all envision.

I'm looking forward to taking care of him like he did for me 18 months ago. It should be a quiet time at work and he can rehab and rest without all the worry. I hope.

My blessed recovery has inspired him to get this done so we don't miss an opportunity for fun later! I'm thrilled that we had my THR to pave the path for him.

I appreciate your prayers in advance of his surgery and my caregiving. ❤️


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
So sorry to hear about your hubby's injury and upcoming surgery. I'm sure he'll do fine. He has you as the perfect role model and what it takes for a smooth and speedy recovery. You are an inspiration for anyone who is acing surgery. My thoughts and prayers are with you and hubby.
:prayer:
 
@Nana757, you're so kind. Thanks for the good wishes. He's also having cataract surgery next Wednesday so he's feeling a bit overwhelmed.

His 50th high school reunion is this weekend and we have two full nights of events planned. Thankfully, his OS gave him a cortisone shot in his shoulder last week so the pain has lessened a bit. It's going to be a hectic three weeks but I'm optimistic that he will have a good outcome!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
My ex (daughters' father) had cataract surgery a couple of months ago. He is 68 and a BIG wimp and came through it with flying colors. He had the implants put in and can now see perfectly. He only complained of some minor itching, like sand in the eyes, but not bad. I hope your hubby has the same good results. Best of luck to him. And, enjoy the reunion!
 
Hi @beachgal I have put you and your hubby on my prayer list.....how nice that you can now repay him for helping you last year. I hope you both enjoyed the reunion this weekend.... and I'm still so happy that you are enjoying your new hip :yay:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom