THR JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember waking up and the first thing I asked for was a glass of prune juice. Glad to see you made it to the other side. Keep on top of your pain meds like you are doing right now. Pretty soon you will be home and enjoying life once again. Safe travels down the road to recovery.
 
Glad all is hoping well @beachgal.....low BP after spinal causes the fainting feeling, keep drinking lots and lots of water!! That will help your dry mouth too. Looks like all going to plan...so glad for you...Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
@Chessie true it can be 4k. I know I wouldn't be taking that much... I'm kinda fond of my liver... So not willing to gamble it. Maybe I would be more willing if Tylenol did more than give me extreme headaches though.
 
Check these articles out when you feel up to it :)

The following is a link to an article which provides the current science regarding the healing beneath and around the implant and approximate timeframes for the healing phases and processes and the relevant nutritional information for each phase.

Healing Phases & Nutrition

This second link is to other nutritional articles which you may find interesting, including one relating to bone health.

Nutritional advice for pre op and recovery
 
You are doing great!
I am sure you are so happy you did this thing!
 
@Chessie true it can be 4k. I know I wouldn't be taking that much... I'm kinda fond of my liver... So not willing to gamble it. Maybe I would be more willing if Tylenol did more than give me extreme headaches though.

Nor would I on a continued basis - that is a LOT of acetaminophen. But I just wanted to clarify the actual max dose. :)
 
@beachgal. Just catching up on your recovery and a huge congrats on your shiny new hip. You sound like you're doing great and I can totally relate to your fainting spells - after a walk you feel 10 feet tall and bullet proof but I know I came back to earth with a thud and very nearly fainted. So pleased for you and I hope your recovery continues to be smooth.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
So mine didnt work but not in pain. 11 hour surgery. Bone broke near knee.
Surgeon did replace hip but bones soft. Have a full body suit that lools like storm troopers thst i have to wear for 6 weeks when out of bed. No guarantee on bone healing. If it 0doesnt heal femur will be replaced with steel. Not what the doctors brochure said thats for sure lol.
 
@beachgirl63 Sounds awful. 15-20 years ago, my mom, who was quite a bit older than you, broke her bone above her ankle. They put her in a full leg type of cast, see if it would heal properly. It did not (they x-ray'd it, it wasn't working), so they put a plate between her ankle and knee to keep 'soft' bones together. That worked. She was walking well in a few months, and had no pain. But this sure wasn't what you bargained for. Good luck,
 
[Bonesmart.org] JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!
@beachgal, we are requesting that you put your surgery date in your signature, as well as what surgery you had (i.e., LTKR, RTHR). You can find the instructions here: How to create a signature. This information is very helpful and necessary when answering your questions and concerns.

Please also remember that our membership is international and for clarity use the International Date system being Jan. 10, 2014 or 10 Jan. 2014 rather than 1/10/14 or 10/1/14.

Thanks so much for your cooperation.


(I know the date is in your title, but that does not show up as it will in your signature in every post.)
 
First day home from THR and I'm doing ok. Still have a bit of nausea and gas but I know it will pass. I've been munching on strawberry fruit frozen bars and they are helping with my dry mouth.

Although I really didn't know what to expect, it hasn't been as rough as I imagined. I have all the restrictions, wearing compression tights. Percocet for pain, aspirin for blood thinning. Non of it has been a bother.

Log leg especially in and out of bed. That part freaks me out the most but even that is easier now than during the night.

PT is coming this afternoon and I'm planning to use the in- home services for at least two weeks.

Just so happy to have this behind me. That old hip pain is a stranger to me now!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Welcome home @beachgal ! Log leg will indeed pass - just give it time. Meds could be causing some of the nausea but that should ease as well. If not, ask for anti-nausea meds.
 
@beachgal glad to hear it's going so well. It sounds like you are sailing pretty smooth already so home should just make everything better. I opted for home health care too instead of a few other day disturbing options. I think you will be pretty impressed with the quick changes that happen without even really trying for them. In my thread @Chessie posted a good photo explanation of leg elevation options.
 
Great to see you're home! The log leg resolves by itself...had it for a few days after surgery and then 1 day I could move my leg like magic abracadabra! All the best for a quick recovery
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom