THR JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm HERE!!! Went into OR around 9 am, woke up in recovery room around noon, brought to hospital room from there and the first guests just left. I've had a good Sourhern lunch of fried catfish, peas, greens, cole slaw, cornbread muffin and lemon pie. Sweet iced tea, too! No pain yet but it's early so trying to rest a bit before PT comes later. Y'all, I'm the happiest girl in the universe right now!! OS said my hip was a mess. Figures! More later, and thanks for showing me the way!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Welcome to the other side,@beachgal!!!!!!!! And seems like you had a good appetite too after your procedure. Keep up with your meds and make sure you get plenty of rest! Best wishes to you!!
 
@beachgal awesome! Happy to hear it went so smooth. I hope things continue right on this track. It sounds awesome. Have a nice rest and I am looking forward to hearing about your journey.
 
Ask hospital staff if they give pain meds automatically or upon request; as you know, I found out the night of Day 2 it was upon request only.
 
Mine was by request too . Remember to stay on top of the pain and don't play catch up. For me not following that advice made my stay much worse than it needed to have been.
 
@beachgal Congrats. A month from now, the operation will seem like a dream. Three months from now, you will have forgotten how unpleasant your hip was. On to some healing!
 
WooHoo! Here you are...so happy for you that this is now behind you. What a feeling of elation that is!! That lunch included ALL the area staples! LOL. It sounds a favorite meal at my mother-in-law's house. A big welcome to"the other side"!
 
WooHoo! Here you are...so happy for you that this is now behind you. What a feeling of elation that is, huh? That lunch included ALL the area staples! LOL. It sounds like a favorite meal at my mother-in-law's house. A big welcome to"the other side"!
 
Great to hear from you! Wow that was quite a meal!:giggle: Hope you get a good nights rest.
 
Afternoon PT. Moved to standing from bed, walked with walker to door of room, turned to go back to bed and started to faint about three steps from bed. I got seated with no problem and nurses got me back to bed with cool washcloth on head and I'm better now.

Very dry mouth. Guzzling water like crazy but have catheter until tomorrow. I have large ice pack on my hip and a small surgical drain which will also come out tomorrow. Tioradol, Percocet, or some combination yet to be determined
No complaints yet.

Dinner tray arrived jut will have to wait. I'm so happy to have this behind me.




Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@beachgal tioradol or do you mean toradol? Was it a blood pressure issue at the end of the walk? I'm amazed we get up as soon as we do... So when weird stuff happens in not shocked at all. Congrats on the very successful first pt though.
 
I wish they had given me a catheter for the first night... I really was about to ask for one... The amount of iv fluids and everything... Yeah.... I was ready to just lay there and not care how much iv fluids they gave me.
 
:welome: @beachgal !
Glad you joined us.
I had really low BP, and on first standing felt my op leg go noodlelike so sat back down.
That is very common to have low BP after the surgery.
Rest up!
 
Man I wish I had had a catheter. I felt like I had to get up every half hour the way they were pumping fluids in me. I was REALLY tired of getting up and going to the bathroom. You were lucky! Although - I have to say that since my PT did not make it to me (I was having dinner when they came the first time) until the morning after surgery, I suppose that it was a good thing that I had been up and down a few times already.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom