THR JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Chessie something to be said for having to get to the toilet but I'll admit first day that last thing I wanted was to risk passing out again.
 
@Chessie something to be said for having to get to the toilet but I'll admit first day that last thing I wanted was to risk passing out again.


Agreed! Luckily I never had any dizziness like you did.

There was once where I got really lightheaded - but that was during my first shower 2 days after surgery - my BF turned the water on much too hot, and I just got a little overcome...but cool water fixed that!
 
Late night update: Toradol in drip, every 6 hrs until IV is pulled tomorrow morning. Percocet by mouth every 4 hrs as needed but setting our alarm for the two overnight doses. Antibiotic in drip too.

Spinal is starting to wear off hence the start of these meds. Enjoying gab session with one of my sisters who is staying with me tonight at hospital.

Hubby taking care of dog which is a huge concern of mine. He knew something was happening Wednesday on our drive up.
Very tired and need to sleep. Dry mouth still a problem but getting better. Did breathing treatment tonight and no problem there.

I just cannot convey the happiness in my heart that the surgery is over. Doc said hip was a mess. Not anymore!!

I want to reply and comment on a few specific posts but not tonight. Bedtime.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I think I recall having drymouth for about 3 days...... Its another normal thing.

Best!
 
Congrats. Sounds really positive. I hope you are getting some sleep. ..
 
@beachgal So happy to see you here on the other side. Rest, rest and more rest prescribed. You are on you way! Well done!
 
Wow @beachgal so happy you sound like you're in good shape congratulations! Hope you won't have too much post op pain...I'll cross my fingers.
 
[Bonesmart.org] JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!
@beachgal, you are now an
[Bonesmart.org] JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!
! Your recovery journey has begun---so stick with those BoneSmart mantras for the best recovery ever.

Take care, we care.
 
So glad you are now on the other side and can now concentrate on just getting better each day. Just take things slow and be good to yourself. I remember how thirsty I was for several days following surgery - water never tasted so good!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I think the first thing I did when I woke up after surgery was to ask for water...
 
Had a restful night with blocks of sleep. I already have lost my catheter, oxygen, and surgical drain this morning. He also took of the ankle pump machine since they have a busy day planned for me.

I am still amazed at how kind and generous the nursing and aide staff here. I've had the toradol before they unhooked the IV and have taken Percocet every four hours since 8pm.

I'll be getting dressed in a few minutes and will do group PT at either 9 am or 10:30 am. No nausea still but wearing a patch to help.

I can't recall sharing this yesterday but the PT I did late afternoon yesterday, well, I had a little fainting spell but wasn't surprised. I came out of it quickly, no harm done.

I will try to reply to all the sweet and encouraging posts from y'all. It means so much to know this group is here!! More later !!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@beachgal I'm sure the nurse staff will be on top of the Tylenol limit but couldn't hurt for you to be aware of it and how much you are taking too.
 
@beachgal so happy to hear that you are doing well. I had some of the near fainting episodes when I first started PT. Take it easy till your strength comes back. This surgery is wonderful, but it is still MAJOR SURGERY. I'm a southern gal by birth (Virginia), and I'm so jealous of the hospital food you got. Take care.

LTHR. Posterior. 7-7-14
 
@beachgal btw the limit is 3000 per day if you didn't know.

Just so that everyone knows, the FDA limit for acetaminophen is 4000mg/day. Tylenol, the company, voluntarily lowered their dosing label information to 3000mg per day in 2011, to reduce the possibility of overdoses and organ damage.

@beachgal , I do remember having a dry mouth - I couldn't wait to get some ice water after I woke up! So you had a spinal. I had general - no issues at all, and my surgeon said they stopped using spinals as they just didn't have a good results with them - but sounds like you made out just dandy! :yes: I don't even know if they had any pain meds in my IV - I never asked! But I don't think they had much. They started giving me oxycodone by mouth, after I woke up, at regular intervals, along with a stool softener and a few other things, and that worked great for me. My antibiotic was given by drip too.

Take it easy - don't overdo!! Hope you are out and on the way home soon!
 
Good for you, @beachgal! Glad everything is going well. The first week or so at home may be challenging, but once you get past that, it's clear sailing!!! Just folllow the Bonesmart protocol: Rest, Ice, Elevation, and Pain Meds - and More Ice!! Eat healthy and don't forget those prunes :heehee:
 
Eat healthy and don't forget those prunes :heehee:

Man I second that! I sorta let that go by the wayside and I would up having a really REALLY uncomfortable day - 9 days out - dealing with "recovering" from constipation. :sick: The home care nurse told me to get some Colace and take it at least once a day, or even morning and night, and I'd be fine. I am now doing that. But I am off the pain meds too so hopefully they will work their way out of my system and things will get back to *ahem* normal.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom