Guest viewing is limited

THR Jaydub63 port side recovery

Happy Sunday morning all! I realized I've been away for several weeks now and decided to make a few minutes this morning for an update. I'm just past 4 months, which has gone incredibly fast! I feel like I'm back to my old self and with the weather slowly getting better it's been great to get outside walking again. I've been going with two old friends in the neighborhood - our kids were in school together - so we meet up to walk on the weekends. It's still kind of cold, and this last week we still had snow showers, but it beats walking at the mall for sure. One of the ladies walks really fast too, so that's been helping get my speed back up. Still working with my trainer once a week and biking and elliptical on my own, and soon I will look for a yoga or pilates class to add into the mix.

February and March were a blur. It's always a busy time for my job but I did manage to get in a few days of vacation when my husband had a conference in Chicago. I got to catch up with several friends I hadn't seen in a long time, and enjoyed walking everywhere pain free! I wouldn't even have considered doing it a year ago, so it's such a blessing to have had this surgery. No TSA issues to speak of - they sent me through the tube scanners rather than the metal detector. I did go through one metal detector at Disneyland while on a business trip in Anaheim (not for the rides, just dinner at a restaurant lol) and didn't seem to set anything off. Sad that the "happiest place on earth" has to have metal detectors!

Will try to get back more often and I need to catch up on some other threads!
 
Happy Four Month Anniversary @jaydub63
What a great update. Thanks for sharing your progress. Very happy for you!
Hope it continues to get better and better.
A great week to you :flwrysmile:
 
Congrats on how well things are going @jaydub63 - it's so much fun being able to do things again without worrying about whether the hip will hold up. My 17 YO and I went to the zoo this weekend and walked over 3 miles up and down hills. He was the one that took a nap after we got home!
 
Good to hear from ya and so glad you are doing well. I too am getting there!! 2nd hip has been much harder than the 1st. I am now past the pain and walking as much as I can and smiling the whole time.
 
Nice update @jaydub63. Time does get away from us. Glad you are experiencing such positive results. Amazing what a difference a few weeks makes with recovery. And just think, they say full recovery can take a year-we’re going to be terrific!
 
:wave:@jaydub63
So happy to hear from you and know you are well. :yahoo:
Haven't had an experience with the metal detectors but I'm guessing mine will be double trouble:heehee:
 
I appreciate that BS has posted the webcast for NJRAD on the website! I wasn't able to tune in last week, so it's great to be able to watch the presentations when I can. Lots of good information presented.

A little bit of a milestone this week - I found out (kind of accidentally) that I can squat all the way down to my ankles again. And actually get up too! I haven't been able to do that since...I can't even remember when, it's been years. Still seeing these steady improvements in my ROM and strength which is exciting.

It's my birthday today, and I can honestly say that I feel SO much younger than last year!!
 
Happy Birthday @jaydub63 .
I feel the same way, younger!
Isn't it grand.
So very happy for you...you can shake it down to the ground..AND get up:happyfeet:woo-hoo!
 
@Jackie222 Thanks for the happy flower! I had a nice dinner out with my husband and kids at one of our favorite places. The service was a bit off from how it is usually, but they were pretty busy - college graduations going on this weekend so all the restaurants are packed. Today I'm meeting up with a friend for a little hike through a local arboretum and tomorrow is brunch and dinner with some friends. All good stuff made better by no hip pain!
 
Happy Belated Birthday, young lady! :heehee: You're younger than me so I can say that.
Plus you're feeling young and squatting like a youngin.
I guess the word of the day is "young"
You're only as old as you feel.....youngster!
Hope today is great.
@jaydub63
 
I managed to get through a near-miss this weekend when I caught the toe of my shoe on some uneven sidewalk while out for a walk. It was on my op leg side, and I was able to catch myself with my other leg before hitting the dirt, so I dodged a bullet and didn't fall all the way. Nothing hurt afterwards except the toe I had stubbed when I tripped, and I was able to walk that off after a few minutes. I did some icing as a precaution when I got home, but the hip was fine. Just a good reminder to be ever vigilant for these hazards. I had gotten kind of complacent!
 
Been there, done that. Several near misses .
Scary :shocked:
Glad no damage done...AND yes, it was good reminder for me to keep my klutz in check!:heehee:
 
@Mojo333 I am a bit of a klutz too. My mother wasted a lot of money on ballet lessons for me as a kid (her idea, not mine), but I was never the graceful ballerina type!
 
My mother's favorite phrase was..."Glad I didn't name you Grace"
:loll:
Main rule on forum, no falling!:no-fin:
Hope you have a great week!
 
I do that too on ocassion! I can do it on carpet with athletic shoes on :holysheep: Seriously!!!!
Talk about giving you a scare.

Glad you caught yourself @jaydub63 Hope you're having a good week. Your updates have been great.
May it long continue!
 
Happy belated birthday - glad to hear your recovery continues to go well. Sound like there's several of us that need to tame our inner klutz. @Mojo333 - my mother always tells me my middle name was almost Grace - she tells me she wishes she'd done it - then I might have some claim to a little bit of grace.
 
SaraK..Means the same thing:heehee:
Of course I had the great Ramen noodle scare of '17 where I almost fell onto a concrete sidewalk when I thought the noodles were actually maggots in the trash can..and then the ATV Tipover in which I was sure I had done something to my new hips.
I hold on to the banister when walking down steep stairs and try not to be careless. Don't want to do anything to cause me to start over!

Hope all is well with you Jaydub.
 
Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom