Guest viewing is limited

TKR JASPA 2nd recovery

The stockings I had this time were only knee-high so not too bad AND I only had to wear them at night. I think I had to wear them for two weeks. The stockings I had to wear 11 years ago with the first TKR were thigh-high and I was miserable! I weighed about 30 lbs more then and they keep rolling down my thighs. Pain in the royal butt!!

Glad you don't have to wear yours anymore!! :yay:
 
@Scaredycat10 I also took 81 mg aspirin twice a day for 3 weeks. I found the study that proved that blood thinners were just as effective as the compression hose for blood clots post surgery. Most of the orthopods in my area stopped using them after the study was published. I hear that they can be very problematic.
 
I found the study that proved that blood thinners were just as effective as the compression hose for blood clots post surgery.
I’d love to read the whole study, please post a link.
 
Felt good to get out of house yesterday for the drive. Very stiff today after first in person PT yesterday, told him "don't touch me tell me what you want done" it seemed to work. At first rom was 82 then after warming up and doing exercises which weren;t too bad got to 94, kept telling him doctor doesn't expect 120! Loved the ice / compression machine for 10 minutes after the exercises as didn't need ice on the half hour drive home. Will go to PT 2xs a wk for 4wks. I see surgeron;s PA Thrus for xrays and exam and then go to PT in same building. I prefer doing the heel slides sitting but they had me doing them laying on my back which is uncomfortable. Each PT is with a different person too which I'm not sure I will like.
On top of all of this my identity was stolen (bank account set up online at my bank in my name) so have to go through all the mechanics of changing things!
Off to do my exercises then ice.
Sending healing thoughts to all.
 
I’m so sorry to read about the identitiy theft, and especially at such a time as recovery from major surgery a short time ago.

Glad Pt was a decent experience, stay in charge of it!
 
@jaspa I much prefer the sitting heel slides too. Since I’ve been more mobile no one has requested the ones where you are laying down, thank goodness. I’m so sorry about the identity theft. You don’t need anything else to deal with right now.
 
@jaspa , so sorry about the identity theft! What a pain!

I don't like the heel slides on my back either and I have to do it every time at PT. The therapist eases my leg back in tiny increments to stretch it. I know a lot of people would not like this but if she goes too far, I let her know. The last time she measured me I was able to move back a bit more by myself so she didn't push me. 111 for me so you are doing great 94 is great at a little more than 4 weeks!
 
I hope you get your identity straightened out. What a pain. I pray it's settled quickly.
 
Finally the last steristrip came off after a shower this am. Granddaughter is taking me to PA and PT right after it. I'm looking forward to seeing the xrays they take tomorrow. My knee/leg is very stiff since PT but I'm still doing the exercises but find I need to ice 1st thing when I get up in am. I don't feel I'm as flexible as I was before starting the in person PT with the different exercises and I will request that I stop doing the ones on my back as that is killing my back - will see what they say tomorrow.
 
I found PT to be detrimental to my knee, not helpful. Prior to my TKR I was aware of the BoneSmart gentle approach to recovery as opposed to rigorous PT. I was lucky enough to find the site before my TKR. Even though I knew about the BoneSmart approach my OS was all about PT and "whatever ROM you have when your scar turns silver is all the ROM you will ever have." He was the trained surgeon that has done many, many replacements, he must know what he's talking about right? So off I went to my first visit to PT, about 2 weeks out from TKR. The next day when my knee was more swollen and I was in much more pain I opted for a BoneSmart recovery. I never went to another PT session. That was one of the best decisions of my life. Not only did I suffer less pain, but my ROM has continued to improve over two years. I've been hiking over rough terrain for good distances, scuba diving, and just living a happy active pain free life with more ROM than I ever thought I would have again after many painful years. I've now had a hip replacement with equal success following a BoneSmart approach. You don't have to suffer needlessly to have an amazing recovery.
 
I enjoyed both my PT sessions this week as they were gentle and listened to my concerns. I got on a bike one day and rocked back and forth which felt good to do but couldn't go around due to my non-operated knee is locked. My PA at surgeon's office is very pleased with my ROM already and thinks 4 more wks of PT are enough. I saw my xrays and the parts were all explained to me which were very interesting. I go back to see surgeon in 2 months and they may discuss when the other knee will be done. I got to meet my new Primary doctor yesterday too and like her very much and my daughter and granddaughter took me grocery shopping and I used a motorized cart which was nice. I didn't get too tired either. Thanks to Bonesmart I have learned so much and was able to make this progress == Thanks Everyone.
 
I saw my xrays

Isn't it wild to see those images and realize that's what inside your knee now? This is my second replacement (hip in 2019) and I'm still in awe every time I look at my X-rays at my bionic parts. So amazing what they can do!
 
Well I'm 8 weeks out from surgery today and back from PT. I feel she is great and listens to everything I say. She massaged around the scar and stretched me before starting me to do exercises. I have PT 2xs a wk until end of year so far. I did overdue it with cutting fabric and sewing the other day and took an 1 1/2 hr nap. I felt a click in the knee this am and told her and she assured me it was normal, it comes and goes. She is very pleased with my progress and doesn't want me to harm the other knee which will need to be done as soon as doctor oks it so I'm limited on the bike but have been averaging 800 steps a day and doing normal household chores for myself. I'm still not interested in driving so take advantage of family for rides. It is slow but going along and so much better than some problems people have on here and so glad I have bonesmart to come to.
 
Great to hear your steady progress. You are doing so well.
 
2 months tomorrow, got my Moderna booster Tuesday and my arm is red and swollen, didn't have reaction with original shots. Also when I got pneumonia shot at 6 weeks from for my arm swelled real bad, never had this happen before.
Went to Chinese buffet yesterday, had bone density test and went to Michael's for yarn, daughter is driver. Came home and took 1 hr 40 minute nap when I got home. Still learning so much from this site thanks everyone for sharing
 
Good day everyone and Merry Christmas to all who celebrate!:xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon:
11 weeks out and doing well. Thank goodness I have the best 2 PT people to see as they massage and warm my leg before I get going I am doing leg press at 45# now only 10 but it feels good. I always feel better after PT as I am stiff on days I don't go but I do manage to do exercises at home. If I do more sewing or cutting fabric I find I am a little stiff but worst if I just sit around all day and need more ice then. ROM was 105 and dr. didn't expect that as I started at 90 and flex is almost zero. I find that my sleeping early on with the ice 2 1/2# ice pack on the knee while raised up on pillow probably helped me get that flex. Still not driving but will get behind the wheel and try before I see DR on 1/18. Mainly other knee is problem about getting into car. Grandson and granddaughter put out some of my decorations and I got them visa gift cards from Shop Rite, no shopping here. Will be going to daughter's for dinner for Christmas. :presents-under-xmas-tree-smiley-emoticon:
 
Back
Top Bottom