January Jackpots 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In January??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey nanal,

I hear you!!! I'm going in tomorrow and I'm STILL doing prep!!! Still have vacuuming and mopping to be done as well as lots of laundry! And still doing school work for the supply teacher coming in for me. I will not get the school work all done, so will have to wait until I'm back home to finish up. I can't believe I'm not totally ready at this point!!! Should have done more earlier in the week when I was more mobile. This not taking drugs this week has definitely slowed me down!!!

Anyway, good luck to you when you go in!!! :) And I'm sure you'll get all your prep done!! :egypdance:

Peace out,

Foxy
 
Foxybrown Goodluck for today!!!!! very excited for you!!!, Bravo for getitng back your quality of life!!! Well be here for you when you awake stronger and better than ever!! xxx:yay:
 
Foxybrown- you are my inspiration. I thought I was in a denial zone but maybe not. Please know we are happy for you be on your way to a better pain free life and when you feel up to posting, please let us know you are feeling better.
 
:yay: Hello to All January Hip Replacement Folks: Just got home from the hospital on Sunday and am so glad to have this part over and done with. Everything went really well with the surgery though once again must adhere to the 25% weight bearing rule until I have my first visit with the surgeon in six weeks. Now the hard work starts all over again.! Having gone through it before did make things a lot easier this second time around. Of course the old frustrations do come back with a vengeance, because once again, you are starting from scratch. Oh well, that is the price you know you must pay to get back to normal. Good luck to everyone who is coming up to their surgery, stick with this site, the help and encouragement will get you through. When you stop to think about it, it really is a great way to start off the New Year.
 
Thanks, Nanal and Stargirl!!! I will definitely post when I'm back home (I don't go in until tomorrow morning), so not there yet! But very soon. My admission time is 8:45am. Just really looking forward to getting this done and over with now! I know the first couple of weeks will probably be a little rough, but it'll get better after that. :SUNsmile: You girls are right behind me!! See you from the other side soon!!! :spin:

Peace out,

Foxy (Michelle)
 
Oh foxy brown.... My twin!!! We are gonna face the knife at the same time!!! I go in at 8:30 in the morning!! Aaaaaa!!!! Please keep us updated!!! Many many hugs and prayers please keep us updated when you can!!! May God be with you, until we both make it to the other side!!!!
 
Hi to all the January hippies to be.. I have brought this list forward so that you can all see who your surgical buddies are and it helps us to follow your journey.

Good luck everyone, we will be waiting for you on the hip recovery side :)

03 Jan 2Bpainfree
07 Jan
09 Jan TJB and Mr12barbluz
10 Jan lovegardening
14 Jan ilovefall and Willatess
15 Jan abbydreams and Foxybrown
16 Jan CookingLoverGirl and gymrat1991
17 Jan Matsan and finn1913
18 Jan Knitter4444
21 Jan TiredHippy
22 Jan nanal and coolvoyage and wildsong and hip-hip-hooray-in-seattle
23 Jan stargirl
29 Jan emily76
30 Jan gailcoco and gershom and waltern31

 
My ride just arrived, CookingGirl!!! On my way!! Good luck to you, too, and see you on the other side!! :yay:

Peace out,

Michelle
xoxoxoxo
 
Good luck Knitter4444... We will be ready and waiting for you Merry on the recovery side.. Hang in there honey... all will go well :)
 
HI all, Got home on Sunday, all is well. Feels great to have this surgery behind me and now I can concentrate on getting into my physio.Compared to my first surgery nine months ago, this time around seems so much easier. Hope that lasts! For anyone struggling with compression socks, my nurse gave me a tip that really seems to work - baby powder. Just sprinkle it on your feet and legs, and voila, those annoying socks slide on quite easily. Good luck to all who are just approaching their surgical dates, think positive thoughts, and positive things will happen. :friends:
 
Finally got my date !!!!!!. January 25th. :dancy: Six painful weeks after my first send off date:cry: but it's official this time. I have to say not a moment too soon, the pain has been brutal the last few days. Although I still have the normal jitters about surgery I have to say it is such a relief to not be in limbo anymore.:happydance:
 
Hi Nessiepie
Love the picture of your avatar, is it of your kitty? The facial expression is just priceless. Congratulations on getting your date, it will be done before you know it, and with no more pain. The jitters are quite normal. I just went through all this for the second time, and I was still nervous. It is a relief when the surgery is behind you and you know it can only get better from there. Good Luck. Think positive thought and your results will be positive!
 
Hi Bridgette,
No I don't have any Kitties at the moment. Down to one dog after the loss of my other one in November. This cat reminds me of one I used to have years ago and I too, loved the expression. I feel better, after preparing for surgery last month and having it postponed at the last minute due to HMO red tape, was beyond devastating. Remaining positive has been difficult after being in limbo so long. I'm usually a pretty upbeat person but ashamed to admit I allowed it to bring me down emotionally. However, now I'm back to being Positive. You have had both hips done now , I know that feels awesome !
 
Glad to hear that you are feeling positive again! Being in limbo for so long and then getting your date postponed would certainly be enough to get anyone down, even an upbeat person. That is nothing to be ashamed of, after all, you are only human, like the rest of us.
You're right, having both hips done now does feel awsome, and I know the rest is up to me. Gradually doing the progressive physio and taking it slowly is going to be hard for me, I am always in a hurry, which won't work for this. At least now I don't have to deal with that consistent ache from the OA anymore, thank goodness.

Take Care
Brigitte:SUNsmile:
 
Hi Lovegardening: So do I! I see that you had your surgery date scheduled on the same day that I had. I hope that all went really well for you. I came home on Sunday, today is the first day that I feel more like myself. They gave me so many meds in the hospital, I felt like a sombie. I know that you probably need them, but I don't like the feeling of being in la la land. Taking only Tylenol extra strenght right now, seems to be working well, and no more fog! Yea!
How are you making out? Hope that you are feeling better now that you have made it to the other side.
 
Easy does it ! But I think it is great you even feel up to being in a hurray. That's good even for one hip but especially after two.:bow:
 
HI all, Got home on Sunday, all is well. Feels great to have this surgery behind me and now I can concentrate on getting into my physio.Compared to my first surgery nine months ago, this time around seems so much easier. Hope that lasts! For anyone struggling with compression socks, my nurse gave me a tip that really seems to work - baby powder. Just sprinkle it on your feet and legs, and voila, those annoying socks slide on quite easily. Good luck to all who are just approaching their surgical dates, think positive thoughts, and positive things will happen. :friends:

Hi Brigitte.. Not sure if you have started a thread of your own on the Hip recovery side of the forum.. If not, please do, and then we can follow your progress.. Your post here tends to get buried..

If you have started a thread, then apologies and I will go looking for it :)
 
Hi Poppet - I thought I had, but am not sure I did it right, since a few things have changed on this site since I first joined. I have tried it again, so hopefully you can find it. Thanks for letting me know. :thankyou:
 
Hi to all the January hippies to be.. I have brought this list forward so that you can all see who your surgical buddies are and it helps us to follow your journey.

Good luck everyone, we will be waiting for you on the hip recovery side :)

03 Jan 2Bpainfree
07 Jan
09 Jan TJB and Mr12barbluz
10 Jan lovegardening
14 Jan ilovefall and Willatess
15 Jan abbydreams and Foxybrown
16 Jan CookingLoverGirl and gymrat1991
17 Jan Matsan and finn1913
18 Jan Knitter4444
21 Jan TiredHippy
22 Jan nanal and coolvoyage and wildsong and hip-hip-hooray-in-seattle
23 Jan stargirl
25 Jan nessiepie
29 Jan emily76
30 Jan gailcoco and gershom and waltern31

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom