January Jackpots 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In January??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got bumped up from 12:15 to a 7:15 check in for 9:45 surgery tomorrow. I'm not a morning person, but, that much sooner I'll be rid of this old nasty hip! I had planned on getting a few things done in the morning, but guess I'll have to do it all tonight!
 
Good luck wildsong. We will be waiting for you not the recovery side :)
 
stargirl .... Hey Aussie girl, just had to pop by and wish you luck for tomorrow.. I will be thinking of you and sending good vibes... It is the start of your pain free life hon...

I will be waiting for you on the recovery side :) hugs xxx
 
Thankyou Poppet really appreciate your beautiful words . At the ore admin now before they wheel me in a bit freaked out but I have to do this xxxxxx talk soon xxx
 
Goodluck guys that much closer to regaining your mobility back!!! happydance:
 
Hi CookingLoverGirl in rehab part of hospital now for next four days or do trying to learn how to survive once I'm at home . Wish I could just go but I realist I am not nearly ready to go when I can only walk on crutches still .
Had a bit if a rough time coming of endone which I think is morpheine? Now just on panadol for the pain which is around 3/10 but of course flared up a little right now due to pt today.

Thanks god for ice packs!!!!!

How are you doing ? Xxxx
 
Hi poppet! Sure am
Icing every single minute , after pt sessions have one on each knee and each hip!
Had two x1hr Physio sessions today and they migrated me to a cane already one week post op which I thought was a bit fast? I think I prefer one crutch so when I discharge tomorrow thank god!! I'm def taking the crutch!
Done x3 Physio appts now post op and will do appx two a week Physio has been amazing because mentally they are reducating me that this is no longer the bad leg or hip rather the operated leg or new hip!

We have already touched on stairs and getting up and down from chairs, they insist no precautions because anterior but I think I'm going to practice them out of fear anyway !?

I'm tagging sissy46 and Josephine and guys if there is anyone you think also has this sort of rapid progression an outages post op 7dys can you please tag them for feedback ?Thankyou xxx

I'm only on panadol now because bottom line everything makes me nauseas but am coping ok with the pain, insomnia is more a problem...but don't want start the whole sleeping pill thing ..
 
[Bonesmart.org] January Jackpots 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In January??
You're doing good, Stargirl. I'm with you, if you feel safer and more comfortable with the crutch right now, I'd stick with it. You can graduate to a cane later---there's certainly no reason to rush. And following restrictions, even if you don't have any, is perfectly okay. Again if it makes you feel safer and more secure--do it! Nice thing is that if you should forget---it won't matter.


Ah! the not sleeping thing-----what a bear [Bonesmart.org] January Jackpots 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In January?? that can be. Most of us suffer from it for several weeks. So gotta catch those catnaps when you can, and be prepared with something to do in the middle of the night when you just can't get comfortable and sleep won't come.

Take care and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] January Jackpots 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In January??
 
Hi gailcoco and emily76 just wanted to stop by and say I am so excited and proud for each of you about to embark on a exciting new phase of your life . I am 17 days post op and can I tell you I have not felt this strong, happy or optimistic since my early twenties and I'm 35 now. I am on a cane for a few more weeks but no big deal I am learning to love it! :) I pity the poor soul that tries to take it away from me , besides people are sooo much nicer to you :) yes I'm milking whatever I can !!!

In a few weeks when I am done with the cane I can't wait to see me eventually walk without a limp and already the pain in like only 1/2 out of 10 as opposed to 9/10 pre op !!! I can already bend my knee up which is something I could not do for about ten years due to OA and AVN .
By just commiting to the lousy twenty mins exercise a day and watching what I eat I have lost ten
Pounds which I have not been able to do for years!!!

Happy days and will be soon enough for you guys too !!
 
stargirl,

I had an anterior hip on February 4th and am walking with a cane and doing well. Glad to read about your recovery and that you are doing well!
 
Hi mjmrphy55

I hope you don't mind but I tagged Stargirl for you as she would not see your post in the January generic thread.
When you want to "tag" someone in response to their messages to you just type in the @ sign immediately followed by their user name and you'll see a small box that shows their name which you can click on -- then when you submit your post the name/link will turn blue and send a little message to that other person. Like this
Poppet https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads...urgery-soon.18242/members/bottomshollow.5847/
 
Hey stargirl thank you fir your message and sort for late reply. My surgery on 29th Jan was cancelled the day before and I was devastated. However, it went ahead on Tuesday 19th Feb and home Thursday.

I'm doing well, minimal pain or discomfort. I am still using two crutches but think I can maybe move to one soon? Is that too soon? I'm frightened of doing to much too soon.

The biggest issue for me is I cannot sleep. I never sleep on my back and I've been told I can't sleep on my side for at least six weeks. It's driving me crazy!! Is it just the back sleeping issue I wonder? Or just general sleep disruption?

I hope everyone is doing well and send healing vibes to all. Xxx

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
 
Hi emily76 congratulations on achieving surgery !!! Thank goodness pre op angst can be over! It's cool we are similar age and no doubt can have some comparisons of where we would like/ need to be in terms of our physical demands in life .
I wish I could visit myself in the early days of recovery and say ' my dear girl it is going to be little exhausting but I promise you you are going to do this well. Do not worry when you migrate to crutches cane or any other reported milestone - in the end you will be great and do much better than the zero quality of life you had pre op'
Instead I get to tell you this which is just as rewarding :)

Entrust that your body in conjunction with your surrounding medical professionals , pt and surgeon are all there to give you the best possible care and because in all likleilihood they have done this hundreds if not thousands of times before you I would say they have seen it l and no exactly when to migrate you to a different walking apparatus etc.

I promise you I realized a few weeks ago I will only do negative to myself if I compare my own pace to any other , there are more and less progressed than what I am but how on earth do I know where they were up to when they presented to their surgeon?. I had hip pain for over a decade and a severe limp for two years before I committed to surgery so I believe I will have to work extremely hard to try and reignite muscles that basically had forgotten to function and what they call
'muscle atrophy'.

This is our individual story and only we are writing it and as my surgeon said to me after doing 3500 hips chances are it will all be fine .

Keep us posted on your gradual progression and please expect only micro improvements day to day and slightly larger improvements week by week and even better month by month :) can't wait to hear about them so as we can continue to assist others to keep the faith on this challenging journey xx
 
stargirl, Emily has a recovery thread which is where this post should be. I have been unable to move it. You should copy it and then paste it into her thread in the Hip Replacement Recovery Area tilted "On the road to recovery after RTHR Tues. 19th Feb."
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom