- Joined
- Jun 26, 2017
- Messages
- 47,904
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
United States

, as I certainly am not ready for those. I feel it has helped tremendously with my balance. I am more confident with the arm crutches although still feel safer with my walker ... and yesterday I had a real first ... four times I took two steps unaided! That may sound like no achievement at all to some, but for what I have been through these past 22 months it is just short of a mini miracle. I shall definitely continue with these movements.
I also suffer with upper esophageal burn (I am sure from that horrid Fosamax) so I am taking Slippery Elm as antacids and PPIs don't work.
Izzy xxand yesterday I had a real first ... four times I took two steps unaided! That may sound like no achievement at all to some, but for what I have been through these past 22 months it is just short of a mini miracle.
Made my day.

United States
United States

United Kingdom
I normally use one with Lidocaine. I am a 'regular' daily person, always have been, although I have suffered with the Big H intermittently since my early 20s!
I think this has plagued me of late because of the amount of Calcium I have to take.
Izzy xx
Secret World of Listeners and Advisors
). Hubby took me to a garden center
We have the largest one on the Iberian Peninsula 20 minutes away where fully grown palm trees are indoors.
It is totally wheelchair friendly. We got a hanging basket of Sweet Potato and a mini green potted rose, yes, green, very strange indeed but interesting.
I am sure the Tai Chi is beneficial to me for my balance. Yesterday a friend popped by for coffee on his way home then in the evening our UK friends came over and we enjoyed the fresh evening air ... Algarve is known for it's fresh air after a hot day. Our friends two daughters and their partners are here too. We haven't seen the girls in 8 years and they are now gorgeous 21 and 24 year olds. 
Izzy xxMonday I walked 20 steps lightly holding the walker with one hand!


Problem with this is that I would be stuck on the floor!Most people faced with your issues would have collapsed in a heap by now!

Wonderful to see how fantastically you are doing, amazing girl, enjoy every moment in that beautiful sunshine,hugs and lovexxx
Izzy xx
United Kingdom
United States
all who come by to visit me. xx
! Still perfecting the one-handed walker. This weekend I shall try the crutches again one handed. My leg sometimes doesn't feel like it belongs to me and I still have a slight numbness. I get so blue at times sitting so much as I want to be doing things but my balance needs to perfect itself more so I have a free hand to accomplish simple tasks. Like today I want to pot on some Geraniums I did from seed but will need to utilise the wheelchair (who is called Blue because she is
) ... sometimes it is so demoralising. 
Sweet Layla was so correct in saying ...... how TRUE is that, even with partners. And when friends ask, I say "I am fine, thank you".you don't often share updates, stories or details of BoneSmart buds with your peeps in the real world because it's too involved and they most likely wouldn't be that interested anyway.


Izzy xx
