Hip Infection* Izabel, Walking on Sunshine

Thank you all for being such beautiful people with caring hearts ... we all need these boosts at times.

Like many, I have had a roller coaster week of ups and downs! Of course, Monday was magical. Tuesday Hubby at Dentist for filling and 1st stage root canal (he did well) and me fine. Wednesday an uneventful day. Thursday I decided to 'pump up the volume', did my normal daily 20 minutes pedaling, three lots of standing marches (not all at once) and normal jaunts around the house with walker/crutches. Friday met friends for lunch at 12.30 (always outdoors here) then to their home for drinks on the verandah and home around 7ish ... to discover hubby left the house keys at friends house!!!! The 'spare' I had hidden in our outdoor living room has 'mysteriously' disappeared since my incapacity so hubby had to remove a window in one of the front doors (double doors), get me in the house then replace the window! Yesterday both my knees were screaming at me, my legs felt like they didn't belong to me and I didn't do much more that my daily pedaling.

Today is a new dawn and a new day, my legs and knees feel better and I shall have my Sunday soak in the tub (maybe with some Epsom Salts, if not I'll do a foot soak in it later). We have decided to have a Ploughman's lunch (cheese, pate, pickle, spring onion. lettuce, fresh baked bread) on the patio and watch a movie or two in the afternoon.

Please have a peaceful Sunday everyone, look after yourselves and your loved ones.

[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine


Izabel xx
 
I'll think of you while I am having my Ploughmans today @Izabel ! Glad you can have a lazy day after all the activity yesterday. Enjoy!
 
So glad to read of the good news from your blood tests!
The Ploughman's lunch sounds lovely!
Our area was on the verge of a drought, and my sister's vegetable garden was struggling, but we finally were blessed with some rain showers for a few days so the plan is to pick some fresh yellow squash and zucchini and have some fresh fish from her pond.
Gotta catch them first, however.
Wish me luck.:realing:
Hope you have a good day.:roseshwr:
 
Sending kisses and a big warm hug, you're beloved here, Izabel
Hope you're having a wonderful Sunday!
:loveshwr: :friends:
@Izabel
 
[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine xx We had a lovely Ploughman's on the kitchen patio and I go to do some snipping, cutting and planting on the pot plants there. We have five seating areas so you can choose either sun or shade and all have large pots on them, some VERY large with trees! We don't have grass just garden 'rooms'. We stayed out for 4 1/2 hours and I purposely got 10 minutes of direct sun. :SUNsmile:

@Mojo333, we go at least five months with no rain at all and rely on our reservoirs. We don't normally have water bans so I can maintain my semi-tropical garden. I saw the fish you caught on another thread so hope you enjoyed it with the squash and zucchini. What type fish?

Today is a national holiday here, Portugal Day celebrating the poet Luis de Camoes. The beaches will be heaving. We will have a quiet day at home.

Sending love to all for a pain free and peaceful week.

Izabel xx
 
The fish in the pic was a largemouth bass...gorgeous but he was released.
Redbreast is what became dinner...small but tasty.
Hope your week is happy and healthy!
 
A Ploughman's lunch is a favourite in our house in the summer. I have started making pickles which I haven't done in years. I did some malt vinegar onions, spicy green beans and bread & butter pickles last year but will need to double up this year as they are vanishing fast!!
 
I did them in a regular dill pickle brine, added 2 cloves of garlic to each jar and one hot pepper. If you get nice straight, thin beans no need to cook them before pickling. They also go very nicely in a Ceasar or bloody mary.
 
Hello Lovely People, thought I'd catch up before I go sit outside in the shade with a rum and coke and roasted peanuts in the shell and look at my jungle garden ... it is crammed with greens of every texture and shades. The Jacarandas, Oleanders, Brugmansia and Bougainvilleas are blooming so there is plenty of colour.

It has been a good but uneventful week. I have doubled up on my walking, between walker and crutches. I am waddling so am trying to correct that strangely with shorter steps. I do not feel comfortable enough to walk outside away from home. Living in the country, access to many restaurants is dodgy at the best of times with uneven walkways, cobblestones or gravel. Both knees give me grief but they are easing up. Hip is magical!

I put y delayed recovery down to broken bones (as opposed to arthritis) and my refluxed knee due to a slip on sloping cobblestone. Being being bed/wheelchair bound for 18 months did not help the muscles which showed atrophy on the MRI, but I am working hard on that. I can only stand comfortably for about 5 minutes if I have a counter to lean up against ... so I haven't taken over in the kitchen yet. Darling Hubby is coping still, bless. xx

I haven't attempted driving yet as I have never driven Hubby's estate which is new to him as his other was totalled in the accident last year. I have a classic low-riding sports car convertible and I am not sure I could roll into it yet! :shocked:

I will look back in later or tomorrow to see how everyone is doing.

Izabel xx

[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine
 
Hello Lovely People, thought I'd catch up before I go sit outside in the shade with a rum and coke and roasted peanuts in the shell and look at my jungle garden ... it is crammed with greens of every texture and shades. The Jacarandas, Oleanders, Brugmansia and Bougainvilleas are blooming so there is plenty of colour.

You paint such a lovely picture. Sounds fun!
You're such a trooper, Izabel. Strong, courageous woman. Thanks for your updates, they're inspirational.
Enjoy your drink and peanuts in the garden :friends:
@Izabel
 
That paints a divine picture @Izabel
Enjoy your rum & coke.
It sounds like you are determined to get those muscles working & Im sure you will....you have a hidden strength that shines through... Chrissie xx[emoji3590]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Lovely update @Izabel Your view sounds like perfection! Glad your hip isn’t giving you trouble. Every little bit helps build up those muscles. We are getting there friend!

So appreciate your sweet posts and gorgeous pictures. You are a comfort to many here. Sending healing thoughts your way today. Happy Sunday. ❤️
 
Hip is magical
This IS indeed a great thing.
Keep on keeping on @Izabel
As you say, you were forced to be sedentary for quite a bit, so I know that it just will have to take the time it takes.
You are the epitome of determination and good for you for cherishing life's beautiful moments.
Glad you have a life partner who is there for you.:friends:

Onward and upward...:egypdance:
 
:wave: there, It is so lovely to come on here and be greeted by the warm wishes and continued words of encouragement. II know you have lifted my spirits especially on days which are not so good ... and we all sadly have a few of them. I can't thank you all enough for being my invisible friends hiding in my computer. :heehee:

Quiet day today and will spend some time sitting in the garden ... hubby is watering it now as only some of it is in nighttime irrigation.

@Layla do you know the history of that beautiful song? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Layla

I hope you all are well and have a peaceful day. xx

[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine
 
Hello @Izabel We may be invisible friends, but we are mighty and proud to join you in this journey. :friends:

Hope you’re having a good week soaking up some sunshine in your beautiful garden. :flwrysmile:

Sending xx ❤️
 
Yes...what Fit4Family said!:happydance:
 
Could send you some of our precipitation (rain) @Izabel we have had too much of it the last few weeks... enjoy your sunshine!!



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top Bottom