THR I've Got a New Attitude (OK, Hip)

Sounds like a plan..
Beach, water therapy, vitamin D:yes!:
Think I need some of that myself!
:SUNsmile:

Hi there @ladylorn
Post op blues....I remember that! Thankfully it seems to come and go in waves. In..and then back out pretty quickly. I used to laugh at myself afterward, so did hubby. The craziest things can set you into a downward spiral. Here's a refresher -
http://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/post-op-blues-is-a-reality-be-prepared-for-it.7591/
I hope you're able to get in some beach time especially because you find it restorative. Lots of naps too :sleep:
Best wishes for a great end to the week!

I posted this elsewhere, but thought I'd say it here - I had my final follow-up for my hip (prior to my second hip being done; my OS made it clear that we would be great friends for the next year or so LOL). Everything is still looking good, although I'm still feeling kind of creaky (the OS' RPA pointed out that I'm still operating with a bum hip, and the operated hip is having to work harder than it might with a healthy unop'd hip); looking forward to getting the right hip done, and getting on with my life! :hiking::swim::walking::dancy:

I can't tell you how much I love your story - so much detail! That's so helpful for anybody trying to understand the experience ahead of time - I know I read this blog obsessively for a month trying to glean every tip I could. And as a future two-timer myself, I'll be rooting for you as your next surgery approaches!

Hi there, LL :wave:
Only two weeks to go for you and our friend BeBe. The second for both of you also!
I'm excited that you two will finally be able to move forward. It must be difficult wanting to enjoy the full effects of your first THR, only to have it hampered by the decline of the other.
Well, soon that will change for both of you and we'll be right here cheering you on. :yay:
Hope you have a great weekend!
@ladylorn

Hey LL..
We're now in the week of surgery. :happydance:
You and BeBe are on my radar this week as you'll both
become double hippies on Friday.
I'm excited for each of you to move forward with no more ailing hips.
Hope you're all organized and ready to roll.
Hugs and prayers for your comfort as you await Friday.
@ladylorn

Thanks, Layla; I really appreciate having the support of the folks here. I still have a few things to get done (some of it mental - the number of times I've heard "You're getting the second one done so soon???" is trying to mess with my zen :oyvey::flabber:) but, for the most part, I'm ready to roll! Despite my last-minute nerves, I'm trusting and believing that I'll fly through this one with ease and grace (and humour. Lots and lots of humour. :yes!:)

I have every confidence that you will too, ladylorn
Having experienced it once hopefully takes some of the edge off...knowing what to expect.
And remember.....this recovery is going to go better than the last.:wink:
I say, let's go with that..Why not? We don't have any reason to believe otherwise.
We're here for you!

Hello my dear!
I just joined the "hipster club" and found this wonderful forum just this past week ~
I see you have another surgery coming up this week and I am sending you loving positive thoughts for the 2nd one!

You are a brave soul, I have had a few friends who have done the same...this is so inspiring to me and I want you to know that I'm thinking of you and wishing you a smooth surgery and pain free recovery ~

Hi LL :wave:
Well..tomorrow is your big day. BeBe's too.
You have a large cheering squad here.
We'll be praying and thinking of you both tomorrow and waiting to get a :thumb:
I know you'll do great. I'm excited for you both to get # 2 done and be on your way.
Sending love and a big hug! :loveshwr: Hope you're feeling at peace today :friends:
@ladylorn

Wanted to Wish You Good Luck Tomorrow Ladylorn!
I'm thinking of you today and know that you'll be in my thoughts tomorrow ~
Big Hugs!

Last edited by a moderator:
@ladylorn
Thinking of my lovely Jamaican hippy pal.
I know you will be fine, but I also know you are excitedly anxious...want you to know I will be looking for you on the healing side.
Healing hugs in advance.:yes:

Hey, LL
You're on my mind. Both you and BeBe. Will be thinking of you tomorrow, sending up prayer.
Hope you're comfy enough to catch a few Z's tonight. Can't wait to hear from you in Recovery.
Hugs!
@ladylorn

Lady Lorn ~
I've been thinking of you ALL day ~
I hope you're surgery went well! It's 8:03pm PST...
sending you big hugs and healing thoughts to you!

Last edited by a moderator:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
MaxiHound
Recent bookmarks