MUA It's been a long time.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, Natalie, I do hope that means he may have a few ideas that possibly might help you. :friends:
 
Interesting, Natalie. It sounds promising. Have you set a consultation up with him yet?
 
Yes the end of September Jamie :)

I have spoken to his secretary and she said his appointments are like gold dust and I must be very special to get one so soon??!!
She said he had spoken to 3 of my former consultants and felt he may be able to help.I can't believe it after all this time a doctor wants to see me!
 
That's brilliant news, Natalie! I'm so pleased for you.

I know you're way too sensible to allow yourself to get your hopes too high, but I don't think he would have asked to see if you he didn't think he could achieve at least some improvement for you. It's funny how things just sometimes come right of the blue like that, isn't it? You certainly deserve some good news.

Glynis
 
It does sound hopeful, Natalie!

While not expecting miracles, I will keep all my fingers and toes crossed for you.
:friends:
Caryl
 
Nat!

Ok, I will be excited for you, and you take it easy! After all they are curtailing the amount of exercise I can do on my knee right now, so I will get my little dancing man out and have some fun! :happydance:
 
Nat,

I can't complain too much! I have a wonderful hubby who helps me by massaging the knee when it hurts! He is a keeper! :happydance:
 
Well Natalie I have got EVERYTHING crossed for you and thats not easy with a TKR. From all the people on this forum YOU deserve some good luck for a change. Sending you hugs and lots of prayers x x x
 
Oh my goodness Natalie, I am so excited for you. If this man is everything you've heard him to be from his secretary, then this sounds really good! :thumb: Good luck kiddo, and I can't wait to hear more! (((HUGS)))
 
Natalie, I'm so sorry - I completely forgot about this. I did look him up but found nothing that excited me about him. I found two bios BMI Healthcare website and Spire Hospital website. They don't list anything out of the way, however, he is a professor and according to his practice profile in National Joint Registry list, the only joint replacements he does are knees and in 2012 did 125 TKRs, 16 PKRs and 17 revisions which is well above the national average. I think you'll be okay with him.
 
Natalie,

I read all of the links and I am very excited! There is a very good chance as much as he seems to keep up with current research that he has either met Dr. Maale or went to one of his conferences. In any case, if he is willing, Dr. Maale will give him any help he needs. Ask him about the HK Smith and Nephew. Dr. Maale said looking at your records, you would be a perfect candidate! I am so excited! :happydance:
 
Thanks Sonja I will do I would be more than happy to be his research project especially if it meant helping others with this nasty disease in the future do if that is the doctors aim then I'm 100% onboard.
It still seems bizarre after all this time someone wants to see me in the UK!


TKR 5/8/10
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom