MUA It's been a long time.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did your appointment go today Natalie?
 
Lol!!!!

No!!

Not surprised at all of course same old usual attitude shut up and get on with it adapt to being disabled this is your life now.He actually said if I stopped putting so much energy into fighting some of that energy might make me feel better!

We discussed infection and ruled it out x ray replacement looks fine.
Fusion,he said I could do might help the instability but will never take your pain away.
Going in and clearing out any disease and scar tissue and adding some metal to the replacement at the thigh and into calf,again will help instability but not take away pain and maybe make more pain.
Dr Maale and the technique he will do,yes he said I do a few of those TKRs a week now it would maybe help with instability but not take away pain.
Finally amputation,his thoughts were I'd almost certainly get phantom limb pain.

So the overall conversation was that I have chronic pain following too many surgeries and a knee disease and now brain is receptive to pain he or anyone else will be able to change that either by surgery or medication.

I should stop fighting and following no hope and adapt my life and live with it as best as I can

I am totally deflated and sick of everything I really am.
 
What did you say?

Sometimes I wonder how we ever managed to remain the superior being on the planet. Imagine if everyone in the world accepted that attitude and did nothing. We'd still be in the stone age!

Sorry on behalf of my other human beings that someone can be so ... so ... uninspiring, deflating, unimaginative, unhelpful and several other un-words!
 
I kept trying to say stuff and he talked over me and he said let me finish!
I told him that trying to get on with my life is easier said than done when Ive got constant pain and unable to walk far to which he said well others manage it.
 
he talked over me and he said let me finish!

Well, it's his loss then that such a nice person (you!) came to him for assistance and wanting to be heard and have a erstwhile dialogue; and he could only hear himself talking! Think what he must be like to his colleagues and family!

Oh, and Natalie, you will get better, you will, you will, you will! :yes:
 
Oh Natalie! I just don't know what to say. Huge hugs to you. ((((((((((((((Natalie))))))))))))))

Your OS may have believed that the was doing you a service, trying to give you what he would probably call (and in his opinion) "a dose of reality." But really - how downright insensitive of him!!
 
Hi Natalie,

Just wondering how you are. Remember, we care and we're here for you! :console2: :kittykiss:
 
Hey, Natalie....am I remembering right that you and your family are planning a holiday here to the states this fall?
 
Yes Jamie we are xx

Thanks Celle I'm not too good been a rough few weeks we have some home help in now helping me out I'm going downhill every day...
 
Hang in there, Natalie. You will get through this! :angel:

Post when you feel you can. We're here to listen!
 
So after a week and a half of pain so bad Ive been passing out im off to the hospital today to try and release some of the liquid that's surrounding my knee it's like a balloon and getting bigger they aren't sure if its blood or fluid :( i
 
Thinking of you, Natalie. I hope the fluid aspiration helps. Hugs!!!
 
God bless you hun. I'm glad they're going to at least try something. Who's doing this for you? Martyn Porter?
 
They were doing at Blackpool Jo I saw someone called Mr Fewster he came into the room told me my blood results showed a reduction in red blood cells and potassium I asked what this meant and he said it was ok?!
He looked at my knee said wow that's a lot if swelling sat in silence for a few minutes then said there's nothing I can do sorry and left the room!The nurse was mortified she went after and came back a few seconds later and said sorry He's said to just rest and ill get you a brace to wear I told her not to bother Ive plenty at home and they don't help.
So once again I'm home in agony.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom