Guest viewing is limited

MUA It's been a long time.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh we call our reflection area OCS, on campus suspension! I was hoping yours was a nice low lit room with classical music and stretching! ha!
Natalie I would not keep him from physical activities on the weekends or maybe even his friends. OR could he still play Wii games where he is jumping and doing? Poor kid I just know he is not doing this on purpose. Isn't it hard being a mom??? You know they have to have consequences but sometimes it feels like its making it worse. Mothering is a tough job! Imagine any other "job" that also involves the most intense love that humans have for each other. If it was someones elses child we feel like we know exactly what to do. But when it's our own our love is involved and we just want our child to feel good again.
 
It's so so so hard my problem with letting him out with his friends is because the friends he is hanging about with are the ones who are also in trouble at school with him they are some of the 14 that have been called in so they are being separated at school already and I don't in anyway want to stop him from being with his friends but the teacher at school said the other day that 2 of his friends are in a lot more trouble than him so it's swings and roundabouts :(
It's really tough isn't it I want to be doing the best thing for him but don't know if I am.
It's a very rainy day here so he probably wouldn't go out anyway but I will try and encourage him to walk the dog at some point.
 
Whoops our posts were same time. That's too bad Scott works the weekends.
Our schools aren't allowed to not be interested. WE have laws that if a parent asks for an assessment for special ed services, then it has to be done within 60 days. The 504 plan is used if the student doesn't qualify for special ed services. Get this...parents can ask for this once a year if their child doesn't qualify. But it is NOT a perfect system by any means. Your school plan for Ciaran sounds pretty good. I just like the positive stuff. He has seen too many negatives probably so they don't mean much. With attention deficit its not all or nothing. But his being able to leave the classroom was good, but wondering off also sounds pretty typical!
Another thing over here that parents can sometimes demand is an aide, someone to help their child. Also even a behavior specialist that works directly with the child. I guess I keep thinking maybe you have the same stuff but they just aren't going to give it to you unless you know about it and ask directly for it? Maybe not? But thats how ours works. The parents have to get savvy and find out what's available over here. Expensive programs are just offered up so easy!
 
Whoops our posts were same time. That's too bad Scott works the weekends.
Our schools aren't allowed to not be interested. WE have laws that if a parent asks for an assessment for special ed services, then it has to be done within 60 days. The 504 plan is used if the student doesn't qualify for special ed services. Get this...parents can ask for this once a year if their child doesn't qualify. But it is NOT a perfect system by any means. Your school plan for Ciaran sounds pretty good. I just like the positive stuff. He has seen too many negatives probably so they don't mean much. With attention deficit its not all or nothing. But his being able to leave the classroom was good, but wondering off also sounds pretty typical!
Another thing over here that parents can sometimes demand is an aide, someone to help their child. Also even a behavior specialist that works directly with the child. I guess I keep thinking maybe you have the same stuff but they just aren't going to give it to you unless you know about it and ask directly for it? Maybe not? But thats how ours works. The parents have to get savvy and find out what's available over here. Expensive programs are just offered up so easy!

No we wouldn't get any help like that here,the main thing we get is a mentor who Ciaran can go and talk to when he needs someone but he doesn't often go to him.But this mentor is for the whole school too so he's often very busy.
 
So sorry to hear you're having a bad day, Natalie.....sending you good thoughts of flowers and spring meadows and no pain. Wish I had the magic wand to make it real for you.
 
I'm having a bit of a meltdown today I haven't slept still I feel exhausted my stupid thyroid is still playing up and thyroxine has been increased.
Then there was an interview on daytime tv about a guy who has been in chronic pain with his ankle injury for 3 and a half years and is having it amputated to give him a better quality of life.I sat watching with intent wondering which surgeon was going to do this and it turned out it was one of mine from my local hospital!I promptly burst into tears 9 long years with this damn disease is too long I have seen so many surgeons and had so many excuses thrown at me for why they can't "fix" me and I can't bear it anymore I know there is others much worse off than me but the lack of sleep and all the nasty side effects from the meds and not being able to go out much is driving me insane!!
Any advice to snap me out of this would be greatly appreciated x
 
Natalie....I don't know if I can help you snap out of the bad feelings or not, but please try to keep in mind that your lack of sleep is going to magnify any and all emotions you have. Hon, you are bearing a lot right now. But you are a fighter and nothing is going to change that. You will continue to fight. You have the love and support of so many people around the world. What a true miracle it is that prayers fly your way daily from such faraway places. Life doesn't always give us a clear path and that's most certainly true right now for you. But I do believe there are answers out there. We just have to find them.

I'm going to speak with Jo next time we talk to see if we can get moving a little faster on the work with Dr. Maale. There is a lot to be done, but we need to try to get you here as soon as possible.

Okay...hunker down now. Open your arms really wide.....and (zap) here comes a GIANT HUG from me!!!!
 
Firstly thankyou for the hug its just what I need :) Secondly thankyou for listening.

It is tough and having so little sleep is rubbish!Hopefully I will get a full night soon and I will feel a lot better.
 
Hi Natalie

I found that interview you were talking about on the Internet. They never really said what was the exact cause of the man's pain, did they? Perhaps no one really knows. I hope he'll be much better after the operation.

My father-in-law had a leg amputated when he was in his 20s. (I don't think there was much choice in the matter in those far-off days.) He rose to the top of his profession, lectured all over the world, and was fit and well until just before his death, aged 84. Let's hope that man on TV will have a good outcome.

How are things with Ciaran? Now that you've described "Reflection Zone" it seems a dire sort of place to be! What bright spark thought that one up? That, and its idiotic name. Talk about "a return to Victorian values". Unfortunately, as it is the school policy, you are pretty much stuck with it.

I think you are very sensible to encourage Ciaran's interest in art. Art, music, drama... all good outlets for a lot of pent-up teenage emotions.

Best regards.

Glynis
 
Hi Glynis,
No they didn't but I've investigated and found more articles and one says he had ligament damage and a dislocated ligament I think.
His surgeon Steve Mannion was very supportive of the amputation and felt more people may benefit,they told me it would be very difficult as I would need above the knee which is harder to recover from.
Ciaran is doing fantastic apart from keep forgetting to report to the teacher at lunch and the end of the day so he's in the reflection zone today :( His teachers are happy with his progress.
 
Wonderful to hear Ciaran is improving!!! That's the best news ever, Natalie! I hope he can see the right way now and continue on that path. As we all know....he'll be much happier with himself and with life if he can do well in school and remain out of trouble. I know this is a bit of relief for you.
 
Thanks Jamie it is a huge relief He was in a bit of trouble in the reflection zone today but nothing major we sat down and talked it through and I think he understood.
My daughters been feeling poorly recently and the docs have said Shes anaemic bless her.
It's 336 am here and I'm wide awake with a lot of pain and I've a big day tomorrow as I have a friends funeral.
 
Hugs, Natalie.....you just keep getting things added to that plate of yours!!! I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. That can be really tough sometimes. I lost my best friend last November and still have my "moments." God bless you, hon.......
 
I think we are just going through a rough patch hopefully we will have some brighter things around the corner.
It is tough she was a friend of the family too so it's been tough on my mum and siblings too.
It's never easy I'm so sorry to hear of your friend Jamie x
 
Thanks, Natalie. It's tough to lose someone who is close to your own age. It tends to put things into perspective and force you to realize how precious each day is. I agree with you that brighter days are ahead. I truly believe that. I am so thankful that you have the strength of your hubby to help you with all this. I send both of you and your whole family my love as you get through this tough time. Prayers for you all.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom