Guest viewing is limited

MUA It's been a long time.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Natalie, you are a great Mom! Scott is an excellent "step" Dad! I count him as a real Dad because he wants the teenagers to have responsibilities around the house just like you do. I am sorry that your Mom is enabling their bad behavior! Is it possible to keep them away for a couple of weeks and remind them that YOU are Mom and that going to see grandparents is a privilege they earn, and not a right they demand? Natalie, you are going through so much with your knee already and then trying to keep two teenagers happy who won't lift a finger to help only adds to your stress! I am so glad that you have Scott! He is your rock and he sounds like "one in a million!" :)

Funnily enough they aren't going to their dads for next 10 days as he is away so won't be being fussed over by their grandma.And they are so busy with school stuff they won't see much of my mum either.
Scott is my rock :) :) :)
 
In fact, one of the things taken away was the door to her bedroom so she had NO privacy anymore. Yep, he took it off the hinges and put it in the basement.
Jamie, I love that!
They believe that the kids should live their lives and not have to look after me or help around the house
OOOh! I wish I could swear on here! :hairpulling: That's just rubbish - how on earth are they going to learn to look after themselves if they don't learn at home?
 
I know Jo tell me about it makes me so very angry she didn't bring us up like that we had to fend for ourselves a lot as she was a working mum,when my brother came along she really struggled in the early days and I was 14 so I took on a lot of the responsibility and then my brothers dad (my step dad) moved in and all of a sudden life was easier and they started going on holidays and my brother would get spoilt rotten I moved out at 16 and never returned home.
 
I've been to have my tooth out this morning and they wouldn't do it because he hasn't spoken to my surgeon about wether I need antibiotics before after and during.
He's had since the 18th March to sort this out.
I'm in absolute agony with this tooth running a temperature and my knee is so bad this was the last thing I needed.
 
What, why not give you antibiotics before, during and after????
Can you report them, both the OS and the dentist, to a medical board?
 
I'm not sure but they've just rang and said I don't need them,the surgeon has said there is no need due to new medical guidelines.
They can't fit me back in till next Tuesday so fingers crossed I don't get an infection.
 
New Guidelines?! Hmmm... Josephine, doesn't it seem like antibiotics are in order with all the pain and swelling in her tooth? The dentist won't give you antibiotics before pulling the tooth to calm it down? When I had one go bad and my dentist couldn't fit me on for 3 days, he called in antibiotics and pain meds. I didn't use the pain meds but when I had knee replacement surgery, they came in handy! :)
 
As regards the dentistry I have no idea but I do know that Himself (GM) is of the opinion that this kind of source for periprosthetic infection had very little foundation in fact and is as yet still unproven. He thinks everyone has biofilm on their implants from day one and that the key question is why only a few peoples' biofilm cause problems while most other's do not. He said that the research should and soon will be focussed on this issue.
 
I can only go along with what both the dentist and Mr Porter have said and Ive had 2 lots of antibiotics so far so hopefully that will have kept any infection at bay.
I am hoping my blood results will be in tomorrow too so will have more idea.
 
I have a strange new pain it's on the outer side of my calf and its very sharp and strong and their constantly it started last night and after several hours it has also crept up to the back of my knee and is right inside the crease of the back of my knee it's so sore when I put weight through it,it is unbearable.I have ice on it but it isn't helping and I've taken all meds I can its very odd...
 
Texas or Bust!
(Means you will go to Texas or go broke trying, at least you won't be in a covered wagon or a Model T)
 
Hi Natalie,THIS subject (and also tylenol/pain med on the clock advice) is one that has made me stay away from this forum several times. I makes my blood boil that because stern official internet advise comes for another country, it is totally disregarded what is standard of care protocol by the American Society of Orthopedic Surgery.
Anyway, before I take another blood boiling BS hiatus. .

I'm so sorry that you are in so much pain. HUGS!
Love and friendship to you, Natalie.
 
Natalie..
So good to hear you are alive. Sorry to hear you are having such a problem. I had an interesting visit to the Periodontitis last week. She informed me that the new US standards were no antibiotics for premedication after three years (post surgery). She gave me a form to fax to my OS. When I called and spoke to the nurse she said that my OS said premedication FOR LIFE :ok:

With the millions of bacteria, in one's mouth why the heck would they not pre-medicate especially if they are dealing with abscess or periodontal disease!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom