Guest viewing is limited

MUA It's been a long time.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Natalie,
I feel for you, for the pain your in and the lack of sleep. You must desperate, no one could blame you if you need to take desperate action(s) to relieve it. Many including myself have. If going to the hospital is going to help it's best to do it.

Last time I was in hospital they put me in a two bed shared ward with a another sick lady that was up all night. I was also up all night due to my condition and her condition. Then when day break came her daughter was in our ward making it more difficult for me to get a sleep. I did ask the nursing staff if I could be moved and I complained to my OS that I was getting any sleep. But nothing was happening.

In the end, I found an empty single room and said to the nursing staff in tears, I'm staying here as I am not getting any sleep. They looked like they weren't going to meet my request saying the room was not available, but that night they moved me there.
Look after yourself
Suzie
 
You see I would more than likely end up in the same predicament would end up on a ward where I was sharing too.

The kids are off now so they are taking my mind off it as much as they can we are saton the bed watching a rubbish film and having a picnic lunch indoors!

Xx
 
Well as the saying goes ' there is no place like home', it is the best. I hope you can rest.
 
Well had a lovely few days followed by a really horrible few days.
Easter was lovely over did it as usual and was in a lot of pain but was having a great time so pushed through it with medication.Lucias birthday was perfect an we had a lovely time shopping but I was stubborn and didn't use the chair as much as I should and Wednesday night was horrific :( A night I don't want to experience again in a hurry nothing could be done for the pain at all then at 5am my brother phoned to say my step dad had been rushed to hospital after falling down the stairs,he spent several hours on a spinal board having X-rays and tests and luckily his injuries weren't as bad as first expected.
He has 12 stitches in his head and 10 across his knuckles and they are glued.He is very very sore today.
I'm between all this my sister in law has decided to pick a fight with my husband and I and has told my husband that we don't make enough effort as a family to see her and her family,she says when they do see us it's either my husband alone or sometimes I'm with him and our kids are never there.
The reasons behind this are because my husband works a 49 hr week them on his time off has things he would like to spend his days off doing like relaxing because he's exhausted or a lot of the time doing the big household chores that I can't manage.I don't go and see them as much as my husband does because 9 times out of 10 I'm not up to visiting,I've either had no sleep or I'm in pain she said I was always using this as an excuse and I'm not poorly 24 hours a day.
And as for the children going round they have their dad to see they go a lot as we share custody so sometimes it's impossible to arrange to see the in laws as our children are with their dad,also they are teenagers they are always out having fun!!
So it's been a rough and nice few days and I'm in bed now unable to move :(

Hope you're all ok and Easter was good xx
 
Natalie so sorry you're having family problems. I'm sure you can do without them. What's to stop your sister in law coming to see you and the children. For the very few weeks I was unable to get out after TKR I was amazed at family who said thought you would have come up to see us. Gary's Mum a prime example. They don't understand you can't and when your hubby does come in he has a million things to do in the house. Gary's self employed so work 12 hour days yet she still expects visits. It's so selfish isn't it. Hope your step dad recovers soon. Sounds awful. Our worst fear, falling anywhere never mind downstairs. Hope you have a lovely relaxing day Nat. Try to ignore the very selfish comments and concentrate on you and your lovely family. Take care
 
Thanks Robyn Youve made me feel so much better xx
She always requests we go there we don't drive so that means a taxi even though for husband it's walking distance I can't make it.Also I really struggle to sit on other people's chairs and we go round their children always sit on what's suitable for me and I sit in a chair that I really struggle with and I've told hubby this at least when they come to mine I have a seat with an elevated box for me to be comfy.If I sit with my leg down for long periods the pain is horrible.

My husband has now agreed to have the nephews and nieces on his one day off Tuesday 10am till 7pm.
 
Hi Natalie
Sorry you have had a rough time with relative(s). I am finding that even some of my family are sick of my knee talk. As it occupies my mind a lot and couple of them seem to think I should be over it. I realise that there are a large proportion of people that just don't realise that it can take a long time.
Funny isn't it about chairs too in respect to being painful or uncomfortable to sit in. I find a lot of cafes have really uncomfortable seats so I don't go into them. In some situations I find its better to stand up rather than to put up with a bad seat.

Have a good day
Suzie
 
Thanks Suzie I totally agree about the chairs it's so hard to sit in one and be comfy at all.

The relative situation is just getting worse :(

As is my knee thanks for listening xx
 
Natalie, I'm so sorry that I'm just now catching up with your thread. I'm so thrilled that Dr. Maale has said he can help you. I believe he means what he says and hope you can keep that thought in mind as you struggle through these days waiting to get to the USA. I'm thankful you have Sonja in your court to work out the details.

I am saddened by the comments from your family. It happens so frequently that those who are supposed to love us the most say the most hurtful things. Please try not to let these selfish comments get to you. Right now you and your own family are the most important things in your life. Others will just have to cope. If they pout, then so be it!

I hope we can get you here quickly. You are much more patient than I am. I think at this point, I'd be wheeling my chair to the coast and trying to hitch a ride on a freighter!!!:heehee: But hang in there....it will come. Try and be as good as you can to your body in the meantime. And hug that sweet family of yours. You are truly blessed with their love, understanding and support.

As always, you are in each and every one of my prayers.
 
Thanks Jamie lovely to hear from you :) :)
I am trying to ignore the family but poor Scott has let it hit him hard,he's really struggling.
I am so thrilled about Dallas and wether happens tomorrow or next year I know now I have an answer thanks to Sonja and Dr Maale and I had no previous to that so I can be patient as I know one day I may return to a normal life :) :)

Do you guys remember me saying the other week about the dentist and the bad tooth well I took the antibiotics and it calmed down but it's flared up again along with a throat and ear infection so the doctor and dentist are concerned as its quite a nasty infection so they've given me metronidazole which is a stronger antibiotic in hope to shift it and keep it contained and not spread to my knee,they are however coming to take some bloods after 3 days of taking them just to check.Please please please don't let me get an infection in this knee.
I'm in a lot of pain.
 
Sending prayers your way that your infected tooth is taken care of soon. :angel:
 
Definitely prayers for the antibiotics to work and work quickly! Please let us know how things go, Natalie. You are always close to my heart.
 
Hi Natalie,
I hope you are getting better and you get the infection under control.
Suzie
 
Thanks Suzie not just yet still in a lot of pain and knee is very swollen and hot today just putting that down to the slight fall I had the other day though.
Fingers crossed the antibiotics will kick in soon xx
 
Dental pain sucks big time.

Metronidazole, also marketed as Flagyl, is for used for infections caused by anaerobic bacteria (bugs that thrive in an oxygen free environment like a dental socket). Just thought you'd like to know! :wink:
 
That's good to know fingers crossed they will work soon as my face and mouth hurts so much!
I can try and put up with one lot of pain and that's my knee I can't cope when other pain is thrown at me!!
 
Had some blood results which I don't understand a raised ESR and CPR I think is what the nurse said I'm going for a further explanation next week and repeat the tests.

I've been in a lot of pain after going out for an hour today to get the children's summer school uniform.

So I'm lay awake contemplating ice or heat!
 
A raised ESR and CRP can be the result of the dental problems! Don't let this get you down. When you find out the numbers let me know and I might be able to help you explain what your dr. Uses in technical language, and break it down into people language! :happydance:
 
Had some blood results which I don't understand a raised ESR and CPR I think is what the nurse said I'm going for a further explanation next week and repeat the tests.

I've been in a lot of pain after going out for an hour today to get the children's summer school uniform.

So I'm lay awake contemplating ice or heat!
Natalie, let me guess! You aren't using the wheelchair are you? It is so vital at this point that you use it and then crutches when you can't use the wheelchair! If the tibia were to split, more problems would result! Please take care and think of your future, instead of trying to "gut it out!"
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom