Guest viewing is limited

MUA It's been a long time.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another day another bad night!

Ah well the weekend is here and the kids are going to their dads for the weekend and Scott is working all weekend so it's just me and the dog so I don't have anyone else to worry about just me!
So hopefully the rest will settle the pain down.
Hope you all have lovely weekends xx
 
Natalie, it's been a while since I've caught up on posts. I'm so happy to hear that your scans finally made it to Texas and that you have hope for your future again!
 
Have a nice restful weekend Natalie. Sometimes its nice not to have anyone esle to worry about for a couple of days. Watch some awful daytime tele, read some books. And chill out. Hope the pain eases with resting. Take Care
 
Hi Natalie,
I hope your weekend improves in any small way. It sucks when the knee caps slip and you are in pain. A full nights sleep would be wonderful.
I use to be a good sleeper. But my knee wakes me up at least once in the night saying it wants something to relieve the pain. I feel like a mum again looking after a new and difficult baby. A baby knee that is. Take care
Suzie
 
Suzie that's exactly how it is,it's very much like having a new born baby.I barely ever sleep due to the darn pain!

I hope you get some rest over the weekend xx
 
Natalie, you make be feel guilty for even daring to moan about my recovery :sad: How you manage to just "keep going" I do not know. So hoping this situation gets sorted for you ASAP & that you can then start reclaiming the life you've been missing out on :flwrysmile:
 
Natalie, you make be feel guilty for even daring to moan about my recovery :sad: How you manage to just "keep going" I do not know. So hoping this situation gets sorted for you ASAP & that you can then start reclaiming the life you've been missing out on :flwrysmile:

Thankyou so much but please don't feel guilty about moaning the recovery is a long hard battle xx
Some days I do give up a bit but I just take myself off to my room give myself a talking too and rest and I soon feel ok enough to face things again.
Friends are taking us out this weekend to try and forget about things for a few hours so hopefully it will help,hubby's been struggling seeing me deteriorate so we both need some fun xx
 
Natalie, I am trying to get things together here. Everyone has different fees so I have to negotiate to figure each price. Will take a little longer than expected, but please know I have not forgotten about you!
 
I feel like I've worked a night shift I was awake all night and I woke my poor hubby at 4 as I was so tempted to ring an ambulance the pain was that intense,he got me a heat pack and I took a combination of meds and put my brace on as well as a tubi grip because the knee cap kept moving and I elevated it
He went to work at 5 and the kids left at 8 and If I don't move I'm not on a 10 on the pain scale if I move I'm beyond a 10.
 
NatalieMeadows just caught up on your thread and all i can say is... you are an amazingly strong woman!! you have really been put through the mill with cruel and excruciating condition! i dont think anyone can truly understand how soul destroying it can be at times to be told theres nothing anyone can do to help, please let me know what happens with the specialist in texas, i really hope he can help you have a more noraml life without pain and suffering as it would seem you have already been through far too much.
im glad you have an amazingly supportive husband, i also know how hard it is to have the other half taking care of you, especially as like you, i was pretty much fine when i met my partner.
you have amazing strength natalie and as hard as it may be, try and stay positive and upbeat, even when your having a bad day, try and focus on the os in texas who possibly could make all the difference. if ever you want to talk about anything, sc or not sc related, please dont hesitate to contact me. my sc may be in a different place but the problems associated with it and the struggles of day to day living are still very much the same.
although you are suffering, you are an inspiration hun, many people would have given up by now, but you are still here, fighting and hopefully have a whole new lifeline with this os.
hope you and your family have a wonderful easter weekend and hope the pain eases of long enough for you to have some fun with your family. my thoughts are with you hun xx
 
Thanks so much Vanessa it is so good to have someone in the same position isn't it someone who knows those daily battles xxx

My poor husband and kids have put up with so much they have to look after me a lot of the time when I should be looking after them my eldest is 15 next week and I'm determined to make it so special for her so I'm going to try and sleep then wrap her presents and tidy her room up ready for her friends to sleep over and then we've promised to take her into Manchester shopping next week I will have to take the damn wheelchair but I don't have a lot of choice.
The kids finish at 1 today for 2 weeks for Easter holidays and it will be so nice to have them home as it can be so lonely being home every day alone.
Here's hoping a few hours sleep will make things seem brighter :angel:
 
Hi Natalie
That pain sounds beyond imagine. Not really familiar with these modalities but have you tried anything like special breathing and relaxation CD's, bio feedback, hypnosis, to help take the edge off of the pain? I've heard about surgeries being done with only hypnosis, don't know if it's hype or truth.

Sorry, if this is too simplistic. I've only used the relaxation CD's when I couldn't sleep and it did work for that purpose. I don't know much about them but trying to suggest something that might take the pain down a notch temporarily on the pain scale.

And kids have messy rooms; it's a given fact. You clean, they mess it up. So cut out the middleman and don't tidy it up. :)

Shopping sounds fun! Is Manchester where everyone goes to the local shopping mall? Is the trip a clothes shopping trip? Sitting will be convenient, then; you sit and relax while she tries on everything in the store, and the next store and the next store. :yes:
 
Hi Elisea yes I use hypnosis for sleep I have apps on my phone and I use it for pain too my BIL is a hypnotherapist so I've been lucky to be offered advice it helps me drop off but I wake within 30 minutes as for the pain it distracts me rather than takes the pain away.
I use a lot of distraction therapy I read and I watch TV dramas and come on here and write a blog.

The kids will help with the rooms :) I hope!

Manchester has a city centre with a big mall and then lots of department stores like Macy's and its all clothes and makeup shopping so I will sit while she tries stuff on bless her heart though it upsets her when I'm in the chair xx
 
Hi Natalie,
I hope you will enjoy your kids being home especially at Easter. And that it helps get your mind off the pain. I do love having the family around as my kids are all grown up, left the nest and are in other cites. So it's usually just me and Rich. I might get a visit from 1 or both of my daughters this Easter. I love their company.
Wow you must of been in a lot of pain to consider an ambulance. Lucky your wonderful hubby was able to help. It reminded me how a heated blanket and pain meds always helped me when pain was unbearable in hospital.
Here hoping you get some nice sleep
Suzie
 
Hi Natalie,
I hope you will enjoy your kids being home especially at Easter. And that it helps get your mind off the pain. I do love having the family around as my kids are all grown up, left the nest and are in other cites. So it's usually just me and Rich. I might get a visit from 1 or both of my daughters this Easter. I love their company.
Wow you must of been in a lot of pain to consider an ambulance. Lucky your wonderful hubby was able to help. It reminded me how a heated blanket and pain meds always helped me when pain was unbearable in hospital.
Here hoping you get some nice sleep
Suzie

Hi Suzie I hope one of your daughters do visit this weekend and you have a lovely Easter.
I was at the end of my tether when considered ringing the ambulance it's not only the pain it's the lack of sleep that drives me to despair too I feel like I'm going insane sometimes I'm that tired Ive had 2 hours in 48 hours so if my replies don't make sense that's why!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom